NEW THREAD - 143 Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa - Tips and Other information

Orphan

Dear Elna57,

Merry Christmas ? ? and an exciting New Year to you and your loved ones. We must keep our fingers crossed really tightly and hope that we will be in Aus for the next festive season.  I'll be sadly leaving my eldest behind in SA (heavy heart on that score) but know I'll have a better life across the pond with my youngest and hopefully our small family will be reunited not too far off in the future. 

To all other fellow waiting roomies, compliments of the season and best wishes for a speedy visa processing in 2017!

• Like 1

Blessings to you all in the waiting room! 

May your waiting time speed past and everything goes to plan. (like getting kitty cats ready, etc)(wink wink Elna!)

Thanks for the update Elna, I couldn't get any response from my last emails to WA Parents. So now they've stuck at 30 July 2014 again. They have been on that date since the 13th December. All we can do is be patient :) 

We really thought we would have been there for Christmas like Orphan a year ago. He was lucky! Since then things have slowed down a lot. Our kids and family had a great Christmas barbie together on Christmas day with all the grand children. Hopefully it will be the last time without us.

• Like 1

Hi Guys and Gals

I am trying to compile a list of people still in the waiting room in order for us to follow each others progress to establish what the latest timelines are. I will start with mine and if any of you want to add, please do. Much appreciated.

Regards

Elna

• Like 2

Elna57. Lodged 25th February 2015

13 hours ago, Dirkz said:

Blessings to you all in the waiting room! 

May your waiting time speed past and everything goes to plan. (like getting kitty cats ready, etc)(wink wink Elna!)

:lol: @Dirkz

Ashmount

Colgill

Dirkz

Elna57                    Lodged 25 Feb 2015

Marchhawker

MomMuerte.

acmac

JIG

Jarryd13

PatPar

Bdupreez

TheHoffs

Bigvan07

This is the list of people who still seem to be in the waiting room from posts on the forum if you want to add to it or just fill in your lodgement date or want to delete yourself. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hello Elna,

lovely idea :

my lodgement date was 24 June 2015

5 hours ago, Elna57 said:

Ashmount

Colgill

Dirkz

Marchhawker

MomMuerte.      Lodged 24 Jun 2015

acmac

JIG

Jarryd13

PatPar

Bdupreez

TheHoffs

Bigvan07

This is the list of people who still seem to be in the waiting room from posts on the forum if you want to add to it or just fill in your lodgement date or want to delete yourself. 

Thanks.

Compliments of the season to all in the "waiting room".  Brilliant idea Elna57.

colgill & Ashmount} lodged 1 October 2014

• Like 1

Jarryd 13.  We are the new kids on the block, lodged June 2016. Looks like we will only celebrate Christmas with the family in 2018. Soooooooooo long to wait.

• Like 1

Ashmount               Lodged 1 October 2014 (Ooooh! Excited for you! Think you could be out of here in the next 2 months):)

Colgill                     Lodged 1 October 2014  

Dirkz                       Lodged 6 November 2014  

Marchhawker

MomMuerte.           Lodged 24 Jun 2015

acmac

JIG

Jarryd13                Lodged June 2016

PatPar

Bdupreez

TheHoffs

Bigvan07

Looking good so far peeps. Keep the info rolling.

Welcome Jarryd13. You will need some provisions and a cushion for the wait. :lol:

Hi Mommuerte. It is a very hard decision to make and so many unknowns, but eventually, I think we all do it for the same reason : to be close to our children again. Keeping the faith and trying to ban all doubts from one's mind is not easy, but we are getting there.

Dirkz, Colgill and Ashmount, we shall be following you 3 very closely then as is seems you will be the next ones to go. Please keep us all updated so that we will have some indication of the timelines. 

Have a great 2017 all! May it truly be one of the best years of our lives. Thank you for all support here in the waiting room.

Hello Elna and fellow members,

it certainly is looking like a 27-28 mnth processing time now.  Let's hope it won't exceed that time for us and that there is some serious catching up with the processing come January. 

Hang in there everyone :unsure:

• Like 1

Hi Elna

Merry Christmas to all in the waiting room. We applied in November 2015 so still a long way to go.

• Like 1

Hi Jig. Thanks a lot for your input. I am so happy for every person who gets his application submitted in case they do away with this visa! ? I will see whether I can get my son to make our little trackng  list interactive so people can enter  and update their info. Have a great day.

On 12/26/2016 at 2:47 PM, Elna57 said:

Ashmount               Lodged 1 October 2014 (Ooooh! Excited for you! Think you could be out of here in the next 2 months):)

Colgill                     Lodged 1 October 2014  

Dirkz                       Lodged 6 November 2014  

Marchhawker

MomMuerte.           Lodged 24 Jun 2015

acmac

JIG                         Lodged   November 2015

Jarryd13                Lodged June 2016

PatPar

Bdupreez

TheHoffs

Bigvan07

Looking good so far peeps. Keep the info rolling.

Welcome JIG. You will need some provisions and a cushion for the wait. :lol:

On 12/28/2016 at 11:11 AM, Elna57 said:

Ashmount, Colgill and Dirkz. We are all watching you like hawks. Please keep us updated re Case officers, medicals and police clearances. Thank you. Regards. Elna

• Like 1

We also entered on a 143 Contributing Parents and took us 18 months to be granted the Visa. We arrived in July 2014 and live in Buddina in the Sushine Coast, QLD. Weather very much like Durban.

Compliments of the season to All in the "Waiting Room",

To The Figs - you were one of the fortunate and lucky ones! 18 months wow.  We are going on 27 months and still no word ?.

The reply I received on Friday, 6 January 2017 they were still busy with 30 July 2014!!

We all have to sit and wait patiently ? 

Hoping that they gather a bit of speed after all the holidays. 

Vasbyt almal !!

• Like 1

Happy new year to everyone. Hope this is a good one for all of you. Thanks for making the list and keeping us informed about the process times. Looks like we're last on the list of submissions, so by the time our visa even has a glance from immigration it will probably be a 36 month wait, but let's see. We submitted in November 2016.

On 1/7/2017 at 0:31 PM, Ashmount said:

Compliments of the season to All in the "Waiting Room",

To The Figs - you were one of the fortunate and lucky ones! 18 months wow.  We are going on 27 months and still no word ?.

The reply I received on Friday, 6 January 2017 they were still busy with 30 July 2014!!

We all have to sit and wait patiently ? 

Hoping that they gather a bit of speed after all the holidays. 

Vasbyt almal !!

Oh man!! I can not wait to see that date change.

OUR UPDATED LIST

Ashmount          Lodged 1 October 2014 
Colgill                Lodged 1 October 2014  
Dirkz                  Lodged 6 November 2014  
Elna57               Lodged 25 Feb 2015
Marchhawker 
MomMuerte.      Lodged 24 Jun 2015
acmac
JIG                     Lodged   November 2015
Jarryd13             Lodged June 2016
PatPar                Lodged Nov 2016
Bdupreez
TheHoffs
Bigvan07

Thanks for adding your name to the list PatPar. Come on Ashmount  and Colgill.... we can't WAIT to hear good news from you.

Hi All

I feel so sorry for all of you in the waiting room every time I read your mails. The desperation the anxiety which almost becomes unbearable at times. We have been here in OZ for almost 8 months and although we have bought a business and keep busy all day long, not to remind us to much of home, it still has been a struggle from time to time. We were fortunate enough to get our answer exactly 24 months after we lodged our application (Lodged 22 April 2014)

I know exactly how you feel and what you go through every time you see how slow things are moving. You will not know how many times our kids and myself had to talk to their farther. He wanted to give up so many times it is not even funny. So all I can say to you is stay strong, stay positive and never give up hope.

Regards to all of you from a very hot OZ.

• Like 1

Reply to email this morning :

"OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 08 August 2014. "

:)

• Like 1

Oh fantastic !!! Thank you so much!! You just MADE my day!! Yay!!! Yay!!!

You must be so happy, another week closer. :)

• Like 1

Fabulous news Ashmount, thanks for sharing  :D    Yay - Double happy dance ? 

• Like 2

• Mara pinned this topic