175 online - questions and answers

StefB

Hey Dud

We DIY'ed it and it was easy as pie - but nothing complicated or dodgy about our application.

As the B's said - there is LOADS of grunt-work to be done beforehand - getting your skill recognised can take some time, as does waiting on Home Affiars for any docs you dont yet have from them.

Read throught the forum and the "100 Steps" - its a load of work (which you have to do regardless of whether or not you have an agent) and thereafter you will know whetehr you are confident enought to proceed on your own.

Hey Dud

We DIY'ed it and it was easy as pie - but nothing complicated or dodgy about our application.

As the B's said - there is LOADS of grunt-work to be done beforehand - getting your skill recognised can take some time, as does waiting on Home Affiars for any docs you dont yet have from them.

Read throught the forum and the "100 Steps" - its a load of work (which you have to do regardless of whether or not you have an agent) and thereafter you will know whetehr you are confident enought to proceed on your own.

Hi Kerry-Lea,

I haven't printed forms 160EH and 26EH strait after submitting. Have you used these for you medical or have you used the standard 160 and 26? Somewhere on the immigration website I read that the "EH" are specifically for the E-applications. I unfortunately don't know how to go back and download/print the EH versions.

Regards,

BCV

Hi - if you go back to the page that gives you your updated status (processing wise) it says that the medicals and xrays are outstanding - click on the comments and it will give you the option to download the forms. If not - use the standard forms (without EH) just write your TRN number on each page - this is the only difference between the two - the TRN number is printed on each page. I assume this makes it easier for them to process and track your medicals.

Hi all

Thanks for the great posts and well done to all that already have their visa's.

I have a Q on the English requirement for the 175 visa:

I am the main applicant, and will not be assessing/using my spouses skills. Is it necessary for my spouse to still do the IELTS Test (although won't be a problem) if we are not applying for any points for her?

I have read the details on the immi website as well as the guides, and also the info on these forums, but don't seem to have a definitive answer.

Can anyone please help to clarify?

Many thanks

Naudis

Hi Naudis,

I am not claiming the 5 points for my wife and also decided that she does not do the IELTS.

We specified that she has functional English in our app and have asked the Tech to provide a letter stating that all her courses for her diploma were done in English. We are also going to add a letter of reference from her work place and include her matric certificate.

I am hoping that we get an understandable CO and doesn't request an IELTS for her.

We will be checking the forums, though to see if anyone has been successful with the above route.

My other contingency was to book for an IELTS in December, if we did get a CO by then and did not request for her IELTS results, I'd cancel. But, I'll wait a few months to see if anyone else has been successful.

All the best

Hi

Friends went through agents, said wife does not need IELTS but she provided the following: Letters from all high schools stating tuition was in English, letter from College to the same effect.

I submitted the above as well as my matric cert which states English 1st Language HG. Others have also got letters from employers etc.

It seems that IELTS for secondary applicants is not necessary if you can prove your english in other ways.

They ask for two copies of the Passport photos as one of the attachments for the Visa application. I have put these on a white sheet and scanned (B&W) it in, then attached electronically. The image quality is not really too good and I dont want to have a delay when they start processing.

I thought of perhaps pasting the photos on a copy of the passports for them and sending the physical photos to them.

Trying ot find out what others did and look at best alternative.

Hi again

Thanks psxkim and Kerry-Lea.

I think we will do the same and get letters etc. from her school/employers.

Now to book the IELTS Test - asap I hope.

Cheers

Naudis

Hi - if you go back to the page that gives you your updated status (processing wise) it says that the medicals and xrays are outstanding - click on the comments and it will give you the option to download the forms. If not - use the standard forms (without EH) just write your TRN number on each page - this is the only difference between the two - the TRN number is printed on each page. I assume this makes it easier for them to process and track your medicals.

Thanks a lot for your advice Kerry-Lea - I found all the forms through the tracking link.

Regards,

BCV

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stef

I am new to this so pardon me if I am getting it wrong. I am in the process of gathering all the docs for a 175 application. I can probably submit my question under abridge birth certificates topic as well, but since you have done it now it your answer may be "fresher".

In filling in form 80 they require you name your parents, wife's parents and even brothers and sisters. In one of the guidelines that I have downloaded from an emmigration agent website they mention you require abridge birth certificates of all of the people that you list in the form 80. I however dont find any reference to this in the aus emmigration website guidelines. My understanding is that I need mine, my wife and 2 kids and thats it. Is this correct. I dont want to request it with Home Affairs and ending up having to request a second time.

Hope you can help.

Stian Dreyer (katvis)

Hi

We only supplied birth certificates of the 'immigrating applicants,' ie my husband and I.

This might have changed, but I doubt it.

I've never heard of needing certs for anyone other than the migrating applicants.

I also dont think you need form 80 for the 175 online app

In filling in form 80 they require you name your parents, wife's parents and even brothers and sisters. In one of the guidelines that I have downloaded from an emmigration agent website they mention you require abridge birth certificates of all of the people that you list in the form 80. I however dont find any reference to this in the aus emmigration website guidelines. My understanding is that I need mine, my wife and 2 kids and thats it. Is this correct. I dont want to request it with Home Affairs and ending up having to request a second time.

Hope you can help.

Stian Dreyer (katvis)

Hello katvis,

We submitted our 175 in Dec 07. We had to complete form 1276 and I had to complete form 1221 - the wife was not required to complete that one. Both my wife and I had to complete form 80. You may find that you need more space than has been provided in form 80, to answer questions 22,24,25 and 27. We had to provide unabridged birth certificates for us and our youngest child (i.e. all the applicants), but not for our parents nor siblings. Your unabridged BC will list your parents names and their (often incorrect) age when you were born. If their ages stated on the BC are wrong, then you could ask home affairs to change it (moerse effort) or you could complete a Statutory Declaration to that effect - providing the correct data - and submit that along with the rest of your paperwork.

Tex

Thank you, then it is only 4 applications and one marriage certificate. Then it is off to Home Affairs and the long wait.

Holding thumbs for you Stef.

Please keep us up to date with your progress - it seems you are the forum "guinea pig" ;) for the online application!!

Hi,

New to the forum. We also lodged electronically as well. We also have a case officer. Lodged 26 April and no further information requested. So we are just waiting.

Holds thumbs guys. We need to join you all.

Hi

the Burgers - did you lodge a 175 on 26 april 2008 and you already have a case officer?

Tex - did you do a 175 online app? Just asking because the same info for the Form 80 is asked during the app process - wondering if I need to fill one out and upload it?

Thanks guys

Hi

the Burgers - did you lodge a 175 on 26 april 2008 and you already have a case officer?

Tex - did you do a 175 online app? Just asking because the same info for the Form 80 is asked during the app process - wondering if I need to fill one out and upload it?

Thanks guys

Question - do you receive an email saying you have been assigned a case officer? Just wondering how you check this? :ilikeit:

• 2 weeks later...

Burgers, please let us know too!!!!!!

We submitted our online application last night and started attaching nec docs, so excited!!!!!! HOLD THUMBS!!!!!!

Candy and Donovan :ilikeit:

Hi

Thanks guys

Hi Kerry-Lea,

We lodged a paper-based 175.

Tex

Hi

Thanks guys

Hi Kerry-Lea,

Sorry, I am just getting worried. I have lodge online the 14 April, scanned and uploaded the documents. On our checklist it still require the documentation? Is this correct? or should it be noted as received, when do it change?

regards

Anni

Hi everyone

I am so new to this and so jealous of how far all of you are with your applications. We are busy getting our paperwork ready for our skills assessment. I am not sure whether I am posting this in the right place or if this is on the forum somewhere else but I haven't come accross it. My husband and I heard a while back that when you immigrate you have to have a minimum amount of money in your bank account. Is this true for us applying for our PR visas and if so what is the amount. :ilikeit:

Help!

Alycat

Hi

To my knowledge if you go on a PR visa you don't have to have a certain amount in your account. They want to determine that you have a skill they require. Money matters are more an issue when you go on a business visa.

If you apply for a PR visa through an agent , you will need to be able to cover their fee, or not when you do it yourself...

Then you'll need funds for the skills assesment, IELTS test,medicals etc, etc... :ilikeit:

This is not a cheap matter, but if you look what you gain at the end of it all.... :ilikeit:

I have read somewhere that people do recommend you have at least 3 months expenses until you find a job, but there is people on this forum that have gone with very little , and made it fine.

Good luck

Phil g

Hi

We are almost ready to lodge our 175 online from Aus as we are on a 457. Can anyone tell me the other options of payment for the online application besides credit card, as we don't have one? Can the money be transfered via internet banking instead?

Thanks

Candice

Sorry, I am just getting worried. I have lodge online the 14 April, scanned and uploaded the documents. On our checklist it still require the documentation? Is this correct? or should it be noted as received, when do it change?

Anni!

No need to get worried, your checklist will only change to "received" once a CO (Case Officer) starts working on your visa application, up until then it just sits at "required". Hang in there, your time will come before you know it!

:blush: Maria