175 online - questions and answers

StefB

Guest Aussiegirl

Just an update.

WE GOT OUR VISA TODAY!!!!! Did post it somewhere else but thought I'd put it up here too. 4 1/2 mths after we applied. 2 1/2 weeks after we got a CO!!!! HiP HiP HOORAY!

CONGRATS!!!!!!! we're soooooo happy for you!!

Hope ours is soon

How do you add your spouse's close family (parents and siblings) in your online 175 application form? They only give a option for my close family or am I doing something wrong? ;)

Thank you

Pieter

I've got a job!!!

After receiving our visas in Jan, I've been rounding up all other loose ends like selling the house and so forth. Last Thurday I finally got a job in Perth. I have to start there on the 5th of May.

This is very daunting. After all the hard work I cant explain the feeling of finally being able to go...

Sometimes I'm so excited. Other times it feels like I just want to run away....

Still I know I'm doing the right thing.

I'm still in the process of finding out how to open a bank account and get my money out of the country.

Will this process EVER be over and done with.

Stef

Congrats Stef - that's fantastic!

Just think, in a few months time all the stress will have paid off and be a distant memory as you enjoy your new lives!

Congrats Stef - that's fantastic!

Just think, in a few months time all the stress will have paid off and be a distant memory as you enjoy your new lives!

I hope you're right. I guess that is why we are all doing this... In hope of a better brighter future.

Stef

Wow! Congrats Stef! :stretcher:

All the best with sorting out the last things!

Wishing you all the best for your new life in Perth!

Well done StefB!!!

We are STILL waiting for our visa! reply received today:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia's

General Skilled Migration programme.

I note that all requested documents have been received and this

application is now ready for allocation to a Decision Maker for

finalisation.

Your application has not yet been allocated to a Decision Maker.

There may be some delay before a Decision Maker contacts you regarding

this application, however no further documents are required at this time.

The timing for the completion of the checks varies from one case to

another depending on individual circumstances.

Your patience is appreciated.

So we WAIT some more......

I've got a job!!!

After receiving our visas in Jan, I've been rounding up all other loose ends like selling the house and so forth. Last Thurday I finally got a job in Perth. I have to start there on the 5th of May.

This is very daunting. After all the hard work I cant explain the feeling of finally being able to go...

I'm still in the process of finding out how to open a bank account and get my money out of the country.

Stef

Hi Stef,

Hoekom lyk alles wat jy doen so maklik??? Ek en man besluit Jan '08 om na Perth toe te immigreer. IELTS in Junie, PCC aansoek in laas week, duisend miljoen goed om nog te te "figure" - huis verkoop, werk soek, ens, ens, ens.

Hoe het jy so vinnig werk gekry? My man is 'n onderwyser (laerskool). Dit voel of ons al 'n ewigheid sukkel (3 maande) Meeste van julle se Visa's is al goedgekeur teen dié tyd... Wat kan ons doen om dit vinniger te laat gebeur???

Help!!!

Liezl

Just to complete my time line in this thread: WE GOT IT!!!!!!! yay 6mnths & 3 days! now the real fun begins.

WOW!

Congrats to you Stef!

Maybe you can give me advice -

- i am applying for the 176 sponsored visa (allready secured the sponsorship with the Victorian Government)

- i have to get my application in at the DIAC within 6 months - will you suggest the online application? We are only waiting for the ielts results of 29 March and passports

- how soon did you get the file number?

Good luck with the rest!

Retha

Hello,

Does anyone now the difference between the medicals forms: 26 and 26EH & 160 and 160EH

I now the "EH" extension is for the online applications but want to know if there are major differences since I want to do medicals before I lodge online and therefor can only get forms 26 and 160 and not the "EH" forms.

thank you

Pieter :ilikeit:

only difference is the main applicant's detail are printed on the form, the links for myself & my daughter took us to the normal forms & we had to complete them by hand anyway. So go ahead & print the forms.

only difference is the main applicant's detail are printed on the form, the links for myself & my daughter took us to the normal forms & we had to complete them by hand anyway. So go ahead & print the forms.

Thank you!!

Pieter :ilikeit:

Hi.

I got the same thing and phoned them. You must wait for them to call for medicals and police clearance.

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone managed to upload their documents... Just a quick question, should the documents that are being uploaded be in colour or can it be in black/white? I have all the documents electronically, but they are all black/white...

Look forward to receiving some help!

Regards, Pippa! X

Hi Pippa

I called them about this. Colour copies can be scanned as is. B&W copies must be certified and then scanned. doesnt make sense i know but thats what they told me.

WOW!

Congrats to you Stef!

Maybe you can give me advice -

- i am applying for the 176 sponsored visa (allready secured the sponsorship with the Victorian Government)

- i have to get my application in at the DIAC within 6 months - will you suggest the online application? We are only waiting for the ielts results of 29 March and passports

- how soon did you get the file number?

Good luck with the rest!

Retha

Hi Retha- we are doing skilled independent so a bit different. Definatly do it online, payment is also so much easier with a credit card. You get your TRA number immediatly and can then upload your docs.

Hallo all you other 175 applicants!!!

I am going slightly crazy here!!! :wacko:

On the 28th of March 2008, my checklist changed to "Met". BUT I have heard NOTHING form DIAC yet!!! If I remember correctly all you others who have their visa grant letters already only waited a day or 2 after all changed to met!!!! Is my CO on leave or sick or what, the waiting is seriously bad for my health.... :whome:

At first I thought they only grant the 175 visa on Mondays, as that seemed to be the trend. But yesterday, no e-mail!!! :unsure: Today, no e-mail!!! :blink:

I suppose I can start writing my resignation letter so that I have it ready in seconds. I want to fly in 2 months and can't start organizing things until I have that pinkish sticker in my Passport!!!!! :lol::angry2::cry::blush::blink:

was going to reply to yesterday's post but then saw your signature!

CONGRATS!!!!

I've got a job!!!

Stef

Hi Stef,

Hoekom lyk alles wat jy doen so maklik??? Ek en man besluit Jan '08 om na Perth toe te immigreer. IELTS in Junie, PCC aansoek in laas week, duisend miljoen goed om nog te te "figure" - huis verkoop, werk soek, ens, ens, ens.

Hoe het jy so vinnig werk gekry? My man is 'n onderwyser (laerskool). Dit voel of ons al 'n ewigheid sukkel (3 maande) Meeste van julle se Visa's is al goedgekeur teen dié tyd... Wat kan ons doen om dit vinniger te laat gebeur???

Help!!!

Liezl

Hi Liezl,

Jammer ek kom nou eers terug na jou. Gaan BAIE dol met al die reelings. Ek vlieg die 29ste April!

3 Maande is nog baie vroeg in die proses. Julle moet nie so gou moedeloos word. Ek het met ons goed begin April 2007. Hierdie proses vat baie tyd. Ek was gelukkig in 'n sin omdat ek een van die eerste online aansoekers was en hulle nie regtig 'n agterstand gehad het nie.

Wat ek nou gaan sê mag dalk klink soos dweep maar moet dit asb nie so opneem nie . Ek het my hele proses aan die Here oorgegee. Dis ongelooflik hoe my goed uitgewerk het. Alles het tot dusver presies reg en in die regte volgorde gebeur. Ek a oortuig dis nie ek wat alles gedoen het nie. Dis net deur Sy genade...

Stef

• 2 weeks later...
was going to reply to yesterday's post but then saw your signature!

CONGRATS!!!!

Aramat,

I've noted your total cost to date as R35728. Was that for the whole family ? What would the cost implication be for a family of 4 ? Me, hubby and two kids (9year and 17 year old).

Yes that was for the whole family, me hubby & my daughter, including airfares CT-JHB-PERTH, landing 29th June 2008. We were charged R6100 (by IOM incl 40kg allow & taxes) per adult so that would be the cost of your 17 yr old's ticket you would need to add on. Depending of course on what you are charged at the time you book your flights.

We are still awaiting to see the container reps on the 29th April after which I will know the cost of the container but budgeting on R40-45K.

Just remember you will also need to have funds available when you land we are working on a rough figure of AU$8500 which covers:

2 weeks furnished accom - we are renting a 1 bed cabin for 15 days AU$ 130 per night

rental bond of 4 weeks AU$1400

2 weeks rental at AU$350 per week

car of AU$3000

sim card, food, fuel etc

Hope that helps.

Aramat