175 online - questions and answers

StefB

WOO HOO

Our meds are finalized and everything else is received!!!

As you can tell I'm very excited, this is the first bit of movement we've seen on our status page. I LOVE it!!

Just wanted to share our excitement with people who actually care. No one else really to tell :ilikeit: they wont be as excited as me. They'll just look at me blankly.

BUT I DON'T CARE!!!

Thanks for listening.........

Natalie

Great!!:ilikeit:

Now they just need to process your medicals & grant your visa , get that bubbly chilling!!

Hi again, better make that 3 YES THREE visa grants today. Another one on the BE forum and one South African not on the forum got his visa today too!!!!

3 CO's freed up, more movement.

Hi again, better make that 3 YES THREE visa grants today. Another one on the BE forum and one South African not on the forum got his visa today too!!!!

3 CO's freed up, more movement.

Paper or email applications???

Online Sorry Gizmo. The paper ones haven't started being processed yet :)

:(:(:(

Thanks for the speedy reply though! :(

Hi Everyone,

Just want to let you know that I phoned DIAC this morning to clarify the processing times :blink: . I’ve spoken to a Brian and he was extremely helpful and friendly :oops: !!! According to him, they are currently assigning case officers to people who applied before or on 21 September 2007, but that it is moving... :whome:

We lodged on 17 October 2007 and he said that we should be another 3 weeks away from getting a CO. Let’s hold thumbs...

Good luck to everyone in waiting ;) !

Lovies, Pippa! X

Hi Everyone,

Just want to let you know that I phoned DIAC this morning to clarify the processing times :blink: . I’ve spoken to a Brian and he was extremely helpful and friendly :oops: !!! According to him, they are currently assigning case officers to people who applied before or on 21 September 2007, but that it is moving... :whome:

We lodged on 17 October 2007 and he said that we should be another 3 weeks away from getting a CO. Let’s hold thumbs...

Good luck to everyone in waiting ;) !

Lovies, Pippa! X

Hi Pippa - is that for PR visas? And also paper on online?

Edited by Gizmo

Hi Pippa - is that for PR visas? And also paper on online?

Dear Gizmo,

I only enquired about the 175 online applications.

Pippa! X

Thanks Pippa.

Did he say why they've been stuck on the 21st Sept for 6 or so weeks now?

We applied 8 days after you so hopefully in the next 6 weeks we'll get a CO too!!!

Hi NC74,

I did not ask - he was not very keen on sharing information on the processing times and I did not want to push to get the info...

Let's stay positive and optimistic!

Lovies, Pippa! X

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all wise-ones

My question: I am still waiting for the outcome of my skills assessment, hope to have it soon and my IELTS is booked for 16 Feb. I understand that I / we have to do a validation trip within one year, but is this from the date your do the medicals / PCC, or one year from submission of these, or one year from approval? I have to plan all of this very well.

If I look at how the online apps are going (seem to have slowed down slightly now) then I might do my meds and PCC prior to even lodging online (perhaps 2 weeks or so) so that I can submit these very shortly after the online lodging. Which means I have to book these now already, BUT I don't want to be caught doing it too early and then I have to do a validation trip when we are not ready. I don't want to validate, we just want to do emmigration without a validation trip.

Stef B - what is happening with your stuff?

Deon

Hi Deon

Your validation trip is within one year of the date of your meds or the date your PCC is issued. Which ever expires first.

Pippa has got her PR already!! And I know of 2 others on the forum who applied in Sept who have theirs. So good luck with your application.

Nataile

Dear Deon,

Your validation trip is within one year of the date of your meds or the date your PCC is issued. Which ever expires first.

NC74 is correct. You have to enter before your PCC and Medicals expire. Our PCC expires in October 2008 and will have to re-enter Australia before then.

Good luck!

Pippa! X

Hi Pippa

I am overwhelmed with excitement, how long did it take you from date of application to getting your PR approved (more or less). I have to get my IELTS done first but said to my wife last night it looks like we could still get our PR this year, we will probably loge online end of March. Just nervous about the 7 per category in IELTS?

Deon

Hi Pippa

I am overwhelmed with excitement, how long did it take you from date of application to getting your PR approved (more or less). I have to get my IELTS done first but said to my wife last night it looks like we could still get our PR this year, we will probably loge online end of March. Just nervous about the 7 per category in IELTS?

Deon

Hi Deon,

We submitted our application on 17 October 2007 and received our pre-grant letter on 28 December 2007 - 2 months, and 11 days :ilikeit::whome::) !

Good luck with your application.

Bye, Pippa! X

Hi Pippa

Since we are on the subject of your application do you mind if I also ask a few questions?

Are you MODL?

Was yours a normal offshore application since you already live in Aus, I was wondering if thats the reason it went so quickly. We are 8 days behind you so I'm REALLY curious.

Sorry about all the questions.

Love

Natalie

PS I think you made a typo, you said "28 December 2008" ;o)

Edited by nc74

Hi Pippa

Since we are on the subject of your application do you mind if I also ask a few questions?

Are you MODL?

Was yours a normal offshore application since you already live in Aus, I was wondering if thats the reason it went so quickly. We are 8 days behind you so I'm REALLY curious.

Sorry about all the questions.

Love

Natalie

PS I think you made a typo, you said "28 December 2008" ;o)

Dear NC74,

You are more than welcome to ask questions. We are Non-Modl and made a normal offshore application (as if we are still in SA) and that is why we have to leave Australia to get the visa evidenced in our passports.

I am sure yours are on its way!

Lovies, Pippa! X

PS I will edit the date - thanks!

Hi Pippa,

Count your blessings - you have been really lucky to get it so fast. We applied online on the 5th of October also 175 Non-MODL (Pre loaded PCC and Meds), and we haven't heard a word yet!

Enjoy your NZ trip. We are green with envy!

Annelize

Edited by Die Venters

Hi all, been away on holiday & it's great to see visas are still being granted!

Just wish it was ours, as you can see by my signature we lodged on the 27th Sept & the only change on the status page is this: 13/12/2007 Application being processed further

I'm hoping this means we have been allocated a CO, but no contact yet, I think our meds are still being processed by LCU.

Oh well back to waiting! :P

Hi

I am busy filling in the online 175 application and have a few questions.

1. Should you type in Capitals or not? (Stupid question, but need to ask)

2. In the section where you must add family members details. Does this include your parents, in laws and sister/brother in law?

I'll have more, but thats it for tonight.

Thanks

Ok, another question. In the section Countires of residence. I stayed in the UK for two years and moved around a lot. Do i need to include all those addresses or just the last one? I also spent 6 months in NZ, do I need to include that because it is less than the 12 month requirement?

Hi everyone!

I have received my grantletter! I am now the proud owner of a 175 visa...

All I need to do is take our passports to the Australian High Commission, Pretoria, South Africa in order to have the visas placed inside our passports.

Boy this is a great feeling. Months of stress and hard work have paid in the end.

:ilikeit: