175 online - questions and answers

StefB

Anni!

No need to get worried, your checklist will only change to "received" once a CO (Case Officer) starts working on your visa application, up until then it just sits at "required". Hang in there, your time will come before you know it!

:ilikeit: Maria

Hi Maraai,

Thanx man. I will!

Have a great day

Rgds

Anni

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

where on the forum can I get info on what doc's I exactly need to lodge. I have everything but one unabridged birth certificate, and a letter saying my one degree was completed in Afrikaans, can I lodge online without it and send it when I recieve?

Then I have done a general IELTS but rewriting the academic one for registration at a professional body, can I lodge with the general results?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there,

where on the forum can I get info on what doc's I exactly need to lodge. I have everything but one unabridged birth certificate, and a letter saying my one degree was completed in Afrikaans, can I lodge online without it and send it when I recieve?

Then I have done a general IELTS but rewriting the academic one for registration at a professional body, can I lodge with the general results?

Cheers!

Have a look at this document checklist, if you're able to produce these documents when asked for, you are ready to lodge.

www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/175_checklist.pdf

Hope you can lodge soon!!! :ilikeit:

Hi Anni/Maraai

Got my visa on Monday, went on to the E service and my Document checklist is still sitting on required, so they are obviously a little slack about updating those types of things. My entitlement page though is completed and gives me all the info about the granted visa.

Thus in my opinion keep checking the entitlement page.

BW

Congratulations on the visa BW!!! :ilikeit:

Brisbane is amazing!!! Have you been here before??? I spent 2 days in the CBD for interviews this week and absolutely love it! It is so "rustig" peaceful and quit does not say it right! :hug:

I didn't thing I would like the city at all but it is so different from what I expected (in a good way!!).

You have just over 3 months to go in RSA, be warned, time flies!!! You blink your eyes and you'll be heading for the airport!

My entitlement page though is completed and gives me all the info about the granted visa.

Thus in my opinion keep checking the entitlement page.

Some good advice - thanks BW...

take care,

red

Congratulations on the visa BW!!! :thumbdown:

Brisbane is amazing!!! Have you been here before??? I spent 2 days in the CBD for interviews this week and absolutely love it! It is so "rustig" peaceful and quit does not say it right! :rolleyes:

I didn't thing I would like the city at all but it is so different from what I expected (in a good way!!).

You have just over 3 months to go in RSA, be warned, time flies!!! You blink your eyes and you'll be heading for the airport!

Hi Maraai

Thanks, yes have been there before my inlaws were first in Sydney then moved to Brisbane, absolutely love it, has to be the best city in Australia, kinda like Cape Town, very relaxed.

I know, luckily got my tickets, Passports are already at the Consulate, just waiting for them, and we have starting cleaning house of everything we don't want and will not be taking over, which is just about everything.

Where abouts are you in Brisbane? we will be going to Shailer Park (In laws), they have just build a house there.

We're living in Carindale, right next to the Gateway highway, so that is north west from Shailer Park. Now that you mention Cape Town, I have to agree, it is that same relaxed feeling one got in Cape Town 10-15 years ago! :unsure:

It is great that you have family to stay with once you arrive, it takes so much stress out of the whole deal!

Ek het my hele proses aan die Here oorgegee. Dis ongelooflik hoe my goed uitgewerk het. Alles het tot dusver presies reg en in die regte volgorde gebeur. Ek a oortuig dis nie ek wat alles gedoen het nie. Dis net deur Sy genade...

Stef

Verseker! Prys die Here!

OK, so after almost 2 years' planning, I finally managed to lodge our 175 application on 26 August 2008. I'd like to find out what the processing times are currently like, so I'd appreciate any feedback.

I'm not quite yet understanding the part that states that we have 28 days to submit our documentation, I take it that if forms part of current immigration law? I mean, it's not like we'll have a CO assigned within the next month or so.

In any case, this brings me to my second question (which has probably been covered before although I can't find any search results on it): when is an ideal time to book for the medical/health examinations? I don't want to send the medical results/reports too early, should I wait for a CO to request them? The automated acknowledgement form stated that it is required as documentation, do I need to book a future date, say 4/5 months down the line and attach the receipt(s) now before the 28 day time period elapses?

The PCCs can probably be done at a later stage as they are only valid for 6?/9? months?

Thank you. Enjoy the day.

Best Regards

OK, so after almost 2 years' planning, I finally managed to lodge our 175 application on 26 August 2008. I'd like to find out what the processing times are currently like, so I'd appreciate any feedback.

The PCCs can probably be done at a later stage as they are only valid for 6?/9? months?

Best Regards

Wynand, ek het nie antoworde op al jou vrae nie maar sal help met dit wat ek dink ek weet... ;)

Eerstens baie geluk met die aansoek-dis 'n heerlike gevoel as dit eers in is!

Die huidige prosesseringstyd vir SA lyk maar stadig...veral in vergelyking met lande soos die UK wat al by middel April applikante trek. Die laaste PR applikant op die website van SA wat 'n visum toegestaan is laasweek se aansoekdatum was 28 November, en sover ek weet was daar nog nie enige Des 2007 visas toegestaan nie (mag baie ander 175 SA'ers wees wat nie hier pos nie wat wel vordering het :unsure: )

Ek sou voorstel jy hou die tendens dop op hierdie website en maak dan jou besluit re die datum vir die medies. Teen die huidige spoed sou ek voorstel om dit eers vir Januarie 2009 te oorweeg.

Die PCC's is net geldig vir 6 maande vir SA doeleindes, maar vir DIAC in Oz is dit wel vir 12 maande geldig; ook kan jy binne 6 maande van jou PCC uitreikingsdatum in SA aansoek doen vir 'n "re-issue" wat dit dan weer 'n verder 12 maande leeftyd vir dept immigrasie gee.

Hoe kry julle dit reg om dinge so vinnig te laat gebeur, ek en Alan (my man) sukkel-sukkel nou al van +-Februarie af, net om alles reg te kry, on shet nog nie eers ge-lodge nie.

Ek raak sommer al klaar meog van die gewag, kan mens nie net oor vlieg en sommer daar bly nie - grappie....ek wens mens kon....

In elkgval, ons hoop en bid ons 175 sal nie so lank vat om deur te gaan nie - 5-9 maaande (is dit dalk groot hoop??)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I need information on the scanning process for the online submission. My question relates to colour and certification. Can I scan the original in colour (without someone certifiying it) or should I make a photocopy, have it certified and then scan it the B&W photocopies?

Thanks!

Jo

In elkgval, ons hoop en bid ons 175 sal nie so lank vat om deur te gaan nie - 5-9 maaande (is dit dalk groot hoop??)

Is dalk, ja. Ek dink jy sal te minste nege maande moet wag, veral as julle nou SA paspoorte het. Ons is mos 'n "High Risk" land! Ek wonder hoekom? B)

Hi All,

I need information on the scanning process for the online submission. My question relates to colour and certification. Can I scan the original in colour (without someone certifiying it) or should I make a photocopy, have it certified and then scan it the B&W photocopies?

Thanks!

Jo

Hi Jolandaw

see topic posted Scanned Images for Electronic Submission, B&W, Colour, Certifications, what is acceptable?

Should help.

BW

Hi All.

This is my first post. my wife and i are looking to blow this joint. Going to be applying for the 176 visa, yes i know this thread is for 175's but aren't the 2 similar apart from the sponsorship? Look forward to all the advise, because i sure as hell am going to need it! :thumbdown: .

My first problem is home affairs are taking their time, with my wife's birth certificate and our marriage certificate, and now i found out you need to apparently have 2 years remaining on your passport to apply for the 175/176 visa. :thumbdown: .

Can any one give me some advise :thumbdown:

I'm ready to leave now!!!!

Edited by Mathewg

Hi Mathew,

Welcome! Good luck with your process!

I speak under correction, but if i am not mistaken, you need to have 5 years remaining on your passport.

:thumbdown:

Hi Mandy, thanks i have a feeling we going to need the luck. From what i have ready it sounds like you need 2 years, so i reckon i'm just going to get a new one, don't want these last minute hassles.

Yip, Good luck. We waited 4months for our certificates... just to read that MINE has a spelling mistake on it... van DER berg and nog van DEN Berg... but on the kids' it is right... so I need to wait AGAIN...

Eish!

I would say... get new passports & the certificates... Then get your skills assessed... and book your IELTS... from there it is just the visa-thingie.... when later on you will need medical & police-clearance... but you only do that once you've lodged...

All of the best and good luck with reading-reading-reading...

the DIMA-site is also very good...

All of the best.

See you around.

Ing

Hi Mathew,

Welcome! Good luck with your process!

I speak under correction, but if i am not mistaken, you need to have 5 years remaining on your passport.

:ilikeit:

Hi Mathewg

Welcome aboard the Auz express, You do not need 5 years left on you passport just the 2 years but what this means is once you are there (in Auz) you will need to apply for a new passport from Auz and then get the blerrie visa pasted into it again, so in my opinion minimise the red tape and get new passports now.

Just my 2 cents.

BW

Thank for your words of wisdom BW, as well as everyone else. Going to need the help.

Next question :rolleyes: Agent VS D.I.Y

Personally from what i have found reading through the different threads is that in some cases having an agent can cause an application to take longer. Paper work sitting on desks/draws, etc....

I'm personally finding this forum to be very informative, to the point that i think i could do it myself.

What does everyone think???? :blink:

Edited by Mathewg

Thank for your words of wisdom BW, as well as everyone else. Going to need the help.

Next question :rolleyes: Agent VS D.I.Y

Personally from what i have found reading through the different threads is that in some cases having an agent can cause an application to take longer. Paper work sitting on desks/draws, etc....

I'm personally finding this forum to be very informative, to the point that i think i could do it myself.

What does everyone think???? :blink:

Mathew,

It depends on your personal circumstance. If you think you have a water-tight application, then it's probably not necessary to use an agent. Personally, I feel it's worth every cent to use a good agent. I highly recommend Rensche from Custom Migration. You can PM "customeyes" on this forum. Go ahead - you won't regret it!

Hi All.

This is my first post. my wife and i are looking to blow this joint. Going to be applying for the 176 visa, yes i know this thread is for 175's but aren't the 2 similar apart from the sponsorship? Look forward to all the advise, because i sure as hell am going to need it! :whome: .

My first problem is home affairs are taking their time, with my wife's birth certificate and our marriage certificate, and now i found out you need to apparently have 2 years remaining on your passport to apply for the 175/176 visa. :D .

Can any one give me some advise ;)

I'm ready to leave now!!!!

Home Affairs....hmmm what good can be said about them. We applied in Feb 2008 for all our documents. Received passports, ID books and my birth certificates. Somehow they didn't have our marriage on record (took us calling them 6 months later) to be told to fax through the pastor (registrars) copy as proof. That is now sorted!!! Needless to say there as still issues...they can't find my wife's birth details in their archives. We're now having to fill in and affidavit as proof that she was born here. Second problem is that her father left mom and babies to fend for themselves when she was 4, never to be seen again. We require his ID number and details as well so the quest continues..... This is the last piece of paperwork needed.

Has anyone just recently lodged an online 175 application? If so, are you still being requested to provide both meds and PCCs within 28 days of lodgement? I am wondering if the process has changed at all, mainly because I saw recently that DIAC can extend the validity of meds by 6 months (but not PCCs).

Thanks!