175 online - questions and answers

StefB

Hi Catherine,

Hang in there - I am sure it won't be long now, just these few things to sort out and I am sure you will get your visa grant.

I'm not sure I know the answer to your question, but I do know that everyone included on an application, or everyone that has been listed as a dependent, has to undergo health checks. So if you do remove your mom from your application, as long as she isn't actually a dependent, then that should be fine.

Hope you get some more answers to this from other forum members.

Thanks Nazba. I didn't put my mom down as a dependent. The DIAC automatically did as I am her only child. I am wondering if I should fly down to Adelaide to see my CO and sort this whole thing out.

Thanks Nazba. I didn't put my mom down as a dependent. The DIAC automatically did as I am her only child. I am wondering if I should fly down to Adelaide to see my CO and sort this whole thing out.

Catherine! I feel like crying with you! I've never heard or read about this scenario and I spend quite some time on this forum as well as on the British forum :blush: If it is at all possible for you to fly down to sort this mess out, do so, as it is worth it! I know with the requirement of a medical for a non-immigrating child dependant, you can get it waived if you can proof that it is a unreasonable request from DIAC etc,(eg. uncooperating custodian parent etc), so maybe you can go down that route to proof that it is also unreasonable in this circumstances! And then on top of it all you have a crap agent as well! :angry:

I am really thinking of you and please keep us posted! :hug:

Hi Catherine,

I also think it should be possible to make a statutory declaration to the effect that your mom is currently not a dependent, and is able to provide for herself, etc. etc. (the more evidence you can provide to this effect the better), and also if possible get your mom to sign this, and state she has no plans to immigrate in the near future. I have read that people do get this type of evidence and declarations to avoid having their applications impacted by step siblings etc. that they haven't seen for ages. Worth a shot perhaps. Also, even if your agent is a problem agent, try as hard as possible to make them work for their money, so get on the phone to them and hound them for advice and action. Really a horrible situation to be in, as it seems like this is quite a unique case. Good luck!

I have more questions on the timeline and details for VISA activation. Previous replies in this thread have touched on the subject, but I still do not have a clear picture on this.

1) How long after your VISA (175 in my case) has been approved, do you need to activate your VISA via entry into Oz?

2) Do ALL the immigrants (including spouse and children) have to accompany the main applicant on this trip?

Thanks!

Hi jolandaw.

) How long after your VISA (175 in my case) has been approved, do you need to activate your VISA via entry into Oz?

You have 12 months from the date of either your pcc or meds depending on which was done earlier.

Do ALL the immigrants (including spouse and children) have to accompany the main applicant on this trip?

The main applicant has to enter first. The rest can follow on a later trip but must still validate before the date above.

Regards,

S

Thanks for that. Does this then mean that if I submit PCC/Health with my application and the application processing takes 11 months, I only have 1 month to activate the VISA? Is it better to submit the PCC/Health as late as possible in order to give me more time once the VISA has been approved to do the activation - does this delay the process? I read in this thread that some people have suggested to do the PCC and Health later in the process to guard against them expiring. What is really the optimal time to submit the PCC/Health given these two factors? I want to ideally have the longest time possible to activate the VISA, but I also do not want the PCC/Health to expire and also do not want to slow down the entire application process in any way. Conundrum. Any response much appreciated.

Hi again,

You can wait for your case officer when you get one to request the PCC and medical but it will cause a bit of delay in the grant. At the moment the 175's are taking about 9 -11 months to grant. What you could do is watch the timelines (www.saaustraliatimeline.com) and then go for the police clearance and medicals a couple of months before you expect a case officer.

Thanks for that. Do you have a rough idea on the average time it takes at the moment from application start to the assignment of a CO given the fact that the entire process takes between 9 and 11 months? Ta.

Aha, I see that it takes about 8 to 9 months for the CO to be assigned on a 175, so I will probably wait at least 6 to 7 months before submitting my PCC/Health. Thanks for the info - slowly but surely, the plan is falling into place.

I spoke to a migration lawyer, surprisingly enough he knows my Case Officer and has also heard of my migration agent. He is going to phone the CO's manager and find out what is going on. He thinks the migration agent screwed up.......no surprises there and the CO is only doing her job and going by the book. I am waiting for him to phone me back......come on phone.....ring!!!! I am hoping for good news. Cross your fingers.

Its been approved!!!!!! My 175 has been approved!!!!

The pre-grant letter is on its way. The lawyer spoke to my CO. He had to get permission from her manager and she was happy to talk to him. Said she realised there has been a mistake and they had removed my mother from my application. :hug:

This feeling is great! I feel like crying from relief.

Champagne anyone?

p.s. other than the people in work who heard me shouting for joy you are the first to know. Even my family don't know :hug:

Edited by catherineg

p.s. other than the people in work who heard me shouting for joy you are the first to know. Even my family don't know :hug:

Well Done Catherine!

Nice to have that sorted and the security that it offers.

The agents can be palookas...

Please update any timelines that you may be part of?

All the best.

Regards

Richard

It's really great that all it took was a phone call, and was a mix up. Congratulations! :P:D:)

Edited by Nazba

Catherine! :unsure: This is GREAT news! I am so happy for you! After all the stress you had to go through! Now start looking for another job hey! :ilikeit:

Thanks Vlooi, just phoned my mom and told her the news. As for a new job, CV is already out and I let the recruitment agents know my residency is approved!!!!

You are next. I just know it!!!!

I know this has been asked before, but my search yielded no results, sorry. For the online application when you are asked for the IELTS Test Reference Number, do you provide your candidate number of the Test Report Form Number printed at the bottom of the certificate? Thanks!

Thanks, it is indeed the full TRN number and not only the candidate number that is required for the IETLS evidence.

I am now at the stage where I have completed the online application to the point just before the payment page (mmm....).

I have about 30 documents waiting to be uploaded (once I can garner the courage to hit that final page!).

My question is - how long did the upload process take you? I have a bog standard ADSL line at home and I am going on 3 weeks' leave soon, so I am wondering if I should not leave this process until after I return from leave since I see that I only have 28 days from submission to upload all the docs.

Thanks!

We are on a normal ADSL , and I had about 38 documents , and it took about 3 hours to upload all of them. If you do not proceed with your application, when a month lapses, they delete all that you have filled in, and you have to start over again. I think they do not want to keep half finished applications on their systems indefinite.

I think I was lucky, had no problems with uploading. I know some people have days of problems. Did the uploading between 8pm and 11pm.

I think I should change my username to 'frantic', but I find the final stages before my online submission rather taxing.

The process after the final page when you submit your payment until when all your supporting documentation is uploaded and your online application is submitted worries me since I do not know much about what is expected after making the payment, the timing of it all and how long it will take me.

Is the best case scenario that I simply make the payment, get the TRN number a few minutes later via email, then log in and upload all the documents during the space of an evening (3 hours if I take Maggel's example)? Is that the end of it until I hear from a CO in 9-11 months time and then submit the PCC and health certificates?

What are the possible problems that I can experience from payment to completion of the document upload?

How do I know that I have uploaded everything that I should upload? I have gone through the 175 checklists, but am trying to antipate any other unexpected problems.

Thanks!

Jo

Hi

We have also only used the 175 checklists. And hope this is enought. You need to have passports, skills assessment and IELTS when you lodge. The rest you will have time to add later if you come accross something else. Of course you want to add all that you can think of now, but it is not the end of the world if you remember something later on. Just do all before you get a CO. That should give you a few months. :thumbdown:

Yes, and you can ( if all goes well) do all in one evening. But I have heard of people that can not upload. When they send you the e-mail, you also get a e-mail address where you can send documents that does not want to upload. Then you can mail it. Just make sure your documents are not too big , I used PrimoPDF.

And good luck.

I decided to bite the bullet and lodged last night. I also managed to upload 30 docs (avg size 600KB) within an hour and a half between 10pm and 11:30pm SA time. Phew, glad that's done!

I do however have two questions

1) I received my TRN number getting the SMS notification of the money transfer, but I expected to also get an accompanying email to state where I can do additional uploads and check on my status. I have not received any emails yet. When can I expect these or where can I go to do the additional uploads and checks?

2) In my application, I added my parents and broters and sisters as non-migrating persons. I was however asked for their medicals and PCC's only. Does this make sense? I think that catherineg also had this problem - she mentioned it in an earlier thread of this topic.

EEEEEEKKK!!!! I have a CO!!!!

This morning I received a email from my CO. He wants me to go for my medicals and get the police clearance. I have to produce the documents or proof of the application for them within 28 days.

This is faster that I expected.....

Stef

Hi Stef, this is all quite new to me. I do you know if you have to have the IELTS results before you can apply ?? I have just received a positive assessment for my Skills and now have enough points to apply. My wife and I want to apply before year end, but the first date I can write IELTS is 17 Jan. DO you think I could book the test and apply NOW ????