175 online - questions and answers

StefB

Hi everyone!

I have received my grantletter! I am now the proud owner of a 175 visa...

All I need to do is take our passports to the Australian High Commission, Pretoria, South Africa in order to have the visas placed inside our passports.

Boy this is a great feeling. Months of stress and hard work have paid in the end.

:P

Hi there,

Gee you guys aree so lucky.How long did your whole process take..whann did you apply and from what region was your case officer.

Good luck now its just the move.

Eileen

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody

My first post..........

Soon we will be lodging our online application. I have actually started the process and completed my detail as somewhere I read that one first has to start the process to see if you qualify to do an online application.

I have a couple of questions:

Question 1. I read that if one starts an online application and does not submit within 28 days, your profile might dissappear. Does anybidy if this is true. If not I would like to add info and documents as I get it.

I obtained my skills assessment (electronic engineer) back in 2000. This does not expire but some people say it is better to get it renewed?

Question 2: Do I have to renew?

At the moment our next hurdle is to get my wife's degree accredited (psychologist). We are just waiting for her to get confirmation on who her examiners were (this happened quite a few years ago). Once we submit for assessment it culd take 6-8weeks to get it.

Question 3: We will wait untill we get confirmation of her assessment before we book medicals and apply for police clearance. Agreed?

Question 4: My wife owns a cc in which she applies her skills. How does she get confirmation that she has been employed in and working in her field of expertise?

Question 5: Can I in the mean time start "populating" my online application with our personal details and start attaching supporting documentation. As mentioned above I am scared it might dissappear offline before I submit within 28 days!

I know I have more questions and will post those as soon as it comes back to me.

Hi Oryx

Welcome to the wonderful game of waiting!!

I can answer some of your questions.

Q1: We started our online application on the 2nd Sept and only submitted on the 25 Oct!! I did add odds and ends occasionally so not really sure if it would have deleted. We discovered we had to do the IELTS before applying online.

You are only able to attach doc's once you have a TRN no which you get once you've submitted your application.

Q2: Unsure - sorry

Q3: Yes

Q4: Not sure - sorry again

Q5: I don't see why not!! Go for it!

Hi NC74

Thanks for the welcome and your reply. At least we have already done the IELTS. And a while back we were alerted by a small business community I belong to that it would be a great idea to get unabridged birth certificates if we ever intend going the immigration route, as it can take some time. So we have got those as well.

I now have to go and dig for my assessment and clearance letter from the army as still did military training. I have done this a couple of years back, so I should still have it somewhere.

Thanks again!

PS: have I mentioned I am excited about this new venture?

PSS: And maybe I should start looking for a holiday destination in a years time to do the "compulsary" visit within a year. (Depending on circumstances in a years time that may even not be necessary. We'll somme just move permanently.)

I cant seem to find the section on the automated email that the medicals need to be done within 28 days. What kind of proof can you send that you booked the medicals? Or is it not necesary? We lodged on the 15/16th of January, but we are only going for medicals 32 days after this.

hi

we lodged on the 17th Dec and went away for 3 weeks - we asked the Doctor we booked with (11th Jan) to please fax through a letter / confirmation that we had booked our medicals which we then emailed though! they seemed happy with that. no problems!

Hope that helps.

Hi, wil ook graag weet - my man bedryf sy besigheid onder 'n BK en is ook die enigste lid van die BK. Hoe bewys hy sy "work experience".? Kan hy self die brief teken. Anders weet ons nie wat om te doen nie.

Thanx.

For those watching my timeline:

As I'm sure you are all aware ASPC currently processing on-line 175 visas lodged up till 16th Oct 2007. As we have not yet been contaced by a CO I sent in a query. The response received today:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia’s

General Skilled Migration programme.

Notes on file indicate that all documents have been received and are ready

to be assessed by a decision maker shortly.

We appreciate your patience.

So we wait some more.........

All we can say is EISH!!!! Talk about saying a lot and nothing at all. Holding thumbs for you guys - it must be very close now.......

Hope fully it is good news soon .. we have a 2nd date

21/10/2007 Application received - processing commenced

18/02/2008 Application being processed further

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update:

STILL NOTHING!! ;)

getting very frustrated with this waiting, come on where is our visa.

Hi there

Aramat and NC74 - did you wait to be instructed to apply for PCC's and medicals once you had submitted online or did you go ahead and do them anyway. Thought you had to wait for your CO to be assigned and they then tell you when to go ahead and do them?

Thanks!

Kim

Hi all watching this thread we got a CO on the 27th!! So so happy. They require no further docs at this time and our file is ready for allocation to a Decision Maker for finalisation!! :ilikeit:<_< Hopefully not much longer anymore.......

Hi Kim when we applied we got an automated mail telling us to download form 47P and go for PCC's within 28 days of lodging. We also did our meds 2 weeks afterwards. They were still moving relatively fast then and I know they have slowed down quite a bit now so not really sure what you should do. Maybe wait 3 mths before doing them and then frontload???? Just a thought. Cos you have 1 year to validate your visa from when you do the meds and PCC - whichever come first.

Natalie

Thanks Natalie.

Will wait and see how the process is moving by the time we submit online. Still waiting for ACS assessment to come back and only writing our IELTS in April so have some time.

Congrats on getting your CO!

Kim

We also front loaded PCC & meds, same reason as Natalie, they were moving faster then.

If I were you, I'd wait 3 months as it's now taking about 6-7 mnths (just judging from others timelines). Just bear in mind that it takes around 8 weeks for the meds to be processed in Oz so allow for that so as not to hold up the visa grant.

Hi one and all

So here is the question - where can I go and find the current processing times to date. :unsure: I have tried immi.gov website to no avail and have tried to surf the forum but can't seem to find where you guys always get your details from?? If it is somewhere please forgive me for asking but as I said I have searched high and low. :ilikeit:

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cross Clan

You send a blank email to the following email address:

aspc.processing@immi.gov.au

Edited by J&j

Here's the lastest from ASPC...

RECEIPTING AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF APPLICATIONS

The ASPC is currently receipting new applications within service standards.

Once an application has been receipted it undergoes validity checking and an acknowledgement letter with client information and a receipt will be sent. If an application is determined to be invalid documents will be returned and a refund of the visa application charge arranged.

As of 11 March 2008 the ASPC Admin Section is processing applications as

follows:

Onshore Applications: receipting and acknowledging applications received on

6 March 2008.

Offshore Applications received after 1 September 2007: receipting and acknowledging applications received on 6 March 2008.

Offshore Applications received prior to 1 September 2007:

All applications with a valid payment have now been receipted. The ASPC is acknowledging offshore applications received on 27 August 2007.

Please note that any delay in acknowledging an application does not affect the date on which a valid application is recorded as having been received and does not delay processing of the application.

Once an application has been acknowledged it will be allocated to a case officer for further assessment as soon as possible, however, the ASPC receives a large number of applications and you will not be contacted immediately.

PROCESSING AND ALLOCATION INFORMATION - For the week of 11 March 2008

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated to case officers for further processing.

Applications Lodged Before 1 September 2007

Onshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Student/Graduate applications - Class DD and DE visas Subclass 880: 13 August 2007 (paper), 2 August 2007 (e-lodged) Subclass 881: 29 August 2007 (paper), 29 August 2007 (e-lodged) Subclass 882: 29 August 2007 (paper), 29 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Onshore Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) (SIR) – Class UX visas Subclass 495: All applications: all applications are now allocated to case officers

New Zealand Citizen (Residence) - Class DB visas Subclass 861, 862 and 863: all applications are now allocated to case officers

Offshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ, BR, UX and UZ visas Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496: 2 April 2007

e-lodged Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) applications Subclass 495: 17 August 2007

Applications Lodged After 1 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas– Class VE, VF,VB and VC visas

Subclasses: 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, 485, and 487

E-lodged: 1 November 2007

Paper lodged: 16 September 2007