Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Sorry : meant to be GOOD LUCK to my fellow roomies.  Lol. 

• Like 1

It is really, really hard for me to read exactly what I felt like before our visas were granted, but am so happy to see Roomies supporting and encouraging each other. It is probably the hardest thing we have ever and are still, doing. The whole process is really tough.

All the decisions.... when to sell one's house, where to stay once the house is sold... 

It is so much easier for young people because they do not have a lifetime of memories in the same house. They do not have all your stuff in safe custody at their house.. 😐 and once you land here; they will not understand how hard it was for you to get here. They make friends easier, they blend in, they have their collegues at work.

We arrive here and all we have got is them. If they do not have your back, you are totally screwed.

I have to immediately add here, most of us are here because they actually want us here and are truly worried about what would have become of us if left back there. We are the lucky ones and truly blessed.

It is NOT easy and a piece of cake, but it is so worth seeing them often and spending time with them.

Let us consider those parents who will only see their children or grandchildren once a year or even fewer times. 

It is really sad that everything has come to this but we can not change it, just live with it.

Be happy in the moment. Be content and have faith.

Best wishes to all in the waiting room. You are like family to me and I wish to thank each and every one of you for all your support along the way. 

On 6/6/2018 at 12:03 PM, Abhi said:

Hi All , I am new here . I am in the same boat . I have submitted all requested docs on 24th April still waiting for 2nd payment . Fingers crossed 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

@Abhi Welcome and good luck mate.

Edited by Elna57

On 6/12/2018 at 1:09 PM, SKB said:

Hi everyone 

I am new here, I have submitted my parents and brother application on 2 July 2015 still have not received any invitation letter so far. 

@SKB Welcome and good luck. 

Edited by Elna57
Duplicate

On 6/15/2018 at 7:32 PM, JTN said:

Welcome SKB and Abhi  - hope all goes well for you - best wishes

Thank you DGT for the important information regarding the AOS guarantee with the Comm Bank - nobody mentioned it before  - much appreciated

Thanks Onthemove for the info for how to update one's dateline to one's  Signature.

Best wishes to all of us in the waiting room 

Thanks JTN

On Thursday 16 June I emailed the Department  regarding to check the process and the reply is 

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 5 May 2015.

• Like 1

Good to see that we’ve finally left April 2015 behind.  

Would be super great if May 2015 (and fingers crossed June 2015 too) is sorted at breakneck speed - we can only hope 🤪

• Like 2

We finally received an email at the beginning of the week asking us to pay the 2nd VAC payment, which my son did immediately!  On the request letter it said I can expect my visa to be finalized  from 1st July. 

Interestingly  my agent email my son thanking him for the proof etc. Of payment, and then commented, "wow! You paid quick, just remember the visa will only come through in July as we have already reached the cap"

I didn't know  about this until now, I guess this is why we are all waiting for something to happen, And everything just seems yo be stuck!😫

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Elza said:

We finally received an email at the beginning of the week asking us to pay the 2nd VAC payment, which my son did immediately!  On the request letter it said I can expect my visa to be finalized  from 1st July. 

Interestingly  my agent email my son thanking him for the proof etc. Of payment, and then commented, "wow! You paid quick, just remember the visa will only come through in July as we have already reached the cap"

I didn't know  about this until now, I guess this is why we are all waiting for something to happen, And everything just seems yo be stuck!😫

@Elza  fantastic news!  So good to hear something positive happening for you.  

Just 15 more days and then it’s  1st July  

woohoo 🎉 Elza 

• Like 2

Congratulations Elza - well done - at least you now know when your visa will be granted and you can plan accordingly. Good luck

• Like 2

Only of potential interest to those still to lodge. 

New Legislative Instrument relating to lodgement of parent visas - to commence 1st July 2018.

IMMI 18/079: Arrangements for Parent Visa Applications Instrument 2018.

In person lodgement is no longer available for parent visas.  These visa must be lodged in the following manner:

Post application to:
Parent Visa Centre
Department of Home Affairs
Locked Bag 7
Northbridge WA 6865

Courier application to:
Parent Visa Centre
Department of Home Affairs
Wellington Central
Ground Floor
836 Wellington Street
West Perth WA 6005

Visas affected are:

• Subclass 103 Parent (Migrant)
  • Subclass 804 Aged Parent (Residence)
  • Subclass 143 Contributory Parent (Migrant)
  • Subclass 864 Contributory Aged Parent (Residence)
  • Subclass 173 Contributory Parent (Temporary)
  • Subclass 884 Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary)
  • Thanks 1

Hi Guys

So, once you arrive in Australia........ you will be a couple of years older and perhaps a bit slower. 🤣

We have to land on our feet and hit the ground running without disrupting our children's lives too much.

Any discussions, questions, help/support needed or offered.

This is for those who will be exhausted and excited at the same time.

Hope all Roomies will eventually get here and move on. Best of luck !

Hi all , just checked Visa Processing times on website - result as follows:

44 months for 75% of the applicants and 56 months for 90% of the applicants

Not good news  - but just wait patiently

• Sad 1

Does anyone know how long it will take to receive phone interview of AoS application?

I finally got invitation to provide further documents on 30/5, and got a case worker already.

AoS was lodged on 13/6 online and it says that estimated completion date is somewhere in 20ish July.

Does this mean it won’t get the phone interview by then? 

My application was lodged on 8/5/2015

On 6/19/2018 at 9:52 AM, JTN said:

• Sad 1

Wow that has jumped quite a bit. Since we've received our visa 10 months ago, the waiting time has increased from 33 months to 56 months!

@bernadette24 Just before we applied in Nov 2014 the waiting time was 18 months. While we were in the waiting room, it increased steadily and by the time we got our visa, we had waited 33 months. So I presume the 44 to 56 months timeline is for those who are near their visa grant time. If you apply now, the waiting time might still grow in the next 44 to 56 months. Sad but true.

But don't despair! Just keep your morale up and the end in sight. It is all worth it !!

• Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 9:52 AM, JTN said:

@JTN

I do not  want to be a wet blanket,but someone who is older and wants to apply for a 143 Visa right now,should possibly also investigate other Visas in the Parent group of Visas.

The reality is that it is taking longer and longer to eventually  get the Contr 143 Visa.So one is left here in SA simply waiting.....Rather investigate getting there and then converting to another Visa while you are there. However one must get proper advice.

Based on the past year (June 2017 to June 2018) ,someone applying for a 143 Contr Parent Visa now ,will only be assessed in nearly 6 years time.(5.85 yrs)

Explanation:

On 7 June 2017  the dept was assessing 13 Oct 2014

On 16 June 2018 They were assessing 5 May 2015

So it took them 374 days to progress 204 days.Therefore it took them 1.87 days to progress one day.

If I apply now (21 June 2018) and they are assessing 5 May 2015 right now,it means that they have to do 1143 days to get to my file .

But it takes 1.87 days to do 1 day therefore it will take them 1.87 x 1143 = 2137 days = 5.85 years to get to my file.

• Like 1

If I had to do it all over again I would:

Get my application in ASAP, even without all the information.

You have 3+ years to get all the documents and update the missing information. 

I wasted 1 year waiting for my birth certificate. Could have already landed. 

With all the changes to AOS and talk of ceilings the numbers are going to change, this will change the queues, hopefully one can jump a couple of months.   The SA couple, more than one. 

Next week with the new allocations all will start moving again, hopefully we will be in the new allocation. 

• Like 1

Good idea @Ike - this is what we will be doing... 

I need some advice please... 

1. How did you keep your parent visa documents organised, physically when applying? Colour coded?? haha 

2. Please could you confirm if this would be sufficient documentation (I am sponsoring my mom): 
a. Proof of our visas (husbands and mine, have left children's out) 
b. My moms passport 
c. Our letter of settlement and latest mortgage statement  (to show home ownership)
d. Letters from my daughters schools showing theyre enrolled and settled
e. Last 3 payslips for hubby and I 
f. A secondary bank account statement to show available funds 
g. VicRoads license to show car ownership 
h. Statutory declarations by my sister and I each to show relationships, and a family tree printout. Along with birth certificates for each of us. (Will be including in opening letter unabridged to be provided) 
i. Electricity statement to show residence? 
j. My hubby and my Marriage Certificate
k. Letter of employment from hubs work
l. Moms ID and passport 

What else would you suggest, please? 

Thanks in Advance

@SD_MOA

Could you please help?

Edited by Sassyninja
  • Like 1

Greetings Sassyninja, We haven’t received our letter for Medical’s and police clearence so not 100% sure if all was done correctly. So conditions apply to my advice..

I haven’t worked through an agent, so time will tell. The forms appear relatively straightforward. 

When we applied I completed the 47PA, part Q of the 47PA is a checklist of all documents required.  I just followed the instructions, hopefully that was sufficient.  Was honest and provid as much information. Time will tell. 

I have hard and soft copies of everything. I also got two original copies of important documents, birth and marriage certificates. 

Mike

• Like 2

Hello Sassyninja,

It sounds like you have gathered everything required.  You don't mention the application forms but I am sure you will be providing these :)

Please ensure that you have proof that you have been living in Australia for at least 2 years at the time you submit the visa application.  If you have been here under two years even by a week the application could be refused.

Regards

• Like 1

@Sassyninja @SD_MOA @Ike and any new members. Welcome!!  and speedy visas to all. 

On 6/20/2018 at 1:16 PM, vc93 said:

Does anyone know how long it will take to receive phone interview of AoS application?

I finally got invitation to provide further documents on 30/5, and got a case worker already.

AoS was lodged on 13/6 online and it says that estimated completion date is somewhere in 20ish July.

Does this mean it won’t get the phone interview by then? 

My application was lodged on 8/5/2015

I guess it is really hard for anyone to answer this. Each person's application seems to be handled differently and it is to be expected with so many variables. AOS and the mayhem caused by the proposed changes, then the reversal of the proposed changes.... I hope everything goes well and happens soon for you.