Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

On 5/28/2018 at 7:26 AM, Elza said:

Well, Time goes by, so slowly..... This week I enter my 40 months mark since submitting my application.  6 months ago I submitted my AoS!! 

All I need to do is pay and receive my visa, it's been a month since I received my AoS approval letter, now, waiting!!

This is so incredibly frustrating, every day begins and ends and I hear nothing and I can do nothing!! Wow!

My son sent an email to our agent asking feedback etc. So, in response our agent told us that the time frames are continually extending as we all know. Once the acceptance letter has been sent to the PVC team, one will wait up to a minimum of 28 days for the 2nd VAT payment request.  A second thing I learned, the PVC team is a group of people, of which any person can pick up the corrispondence , therefore you don't get assigned a specific case officer, you could have a few case officers work on your case.

The rules are so different, different strokes for different folks.  I  cannot seem to relate one with another! We all seem to have very unique and individual experiences.

So from Friday on I can expect to hear from the team! Isn't this exiting!

The emotional ups and downs are building as much as they are soul destroying. I think this process is like a training ground, because once you've  experienced this process and come out the other side still a normal and well balanced family...... you are definitely strong enough to  go through anything in life!

• Like 2

@Elza

Buddy, you are so right! It is hard!

But once you are here and you see your child often and enjoy his company, you realise it was all worth it.

We lost out on so much for so many years! So much to make up for. So many missed birthdays and Christmasses. (Is there such a word? 😅)

I am so excited for you and can not wait to hear that you have finally booked your flight. If I had a job already, I swear I would have booked a flight to Perth myself to celebrate with you.!

Be strong buddy!

@KevinLee and other Roomies. 

Keep the faith and hang in there. It will happen.

23 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@KevinLee and other Roomies. 

Keep the faith and hang in there. It will happen.

We have to choice @Elna57 but have to wait :)

Kev

• Like 1

Hello fellow roomies,

Today's response to my test mail to the Parent Visa Centre contains two important points:

Firstly:

Assurance of Support (AOS) Changes - IMPORTANT UPDATE

Changes that were introduced to Assurance of Support income requirements on 1 April 2018 did not pass through the Parliamentary approval process. As such, the provisions in place prior to 1 April 2018 have come back into effect. The Department of Human Services is responsible for processing AoS requests and will advise the Department of Home Affairs of the outcomes of AoS requests where this is a requirement for visa applications. Please see the following websites for more information:

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/assurance-support

and

https://www.dss.gov.au/living-in-australia-and-overseas/updates

Secondly:

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 5 May 2015.

5 days' worth of progress since 4th May 😏  I'll take any amount at this stage 😬

• Sad 1

@JTN Have you received an invite from Home Affairs yet? I'll be very surprised if you haven't :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KevinLee said:

@JTN Have you received an invite from Home Affairs yet? I'll be very surprised if you haven't :)

Hi KevinLee -  Thanks for asking  --   no not yet. I had sent an email to the Home Affairs 10 /12 days ago  -  got reply that they processing 30th April 2015. So we just wait.

• Like 1

@JTN that's weird, a majority of 30/06/2015 applicants have already received an invite from Home Affairs in the last few weeks.

Kev

• Like 1

Hi All , I am new here . I am in the same boat . I have submitted all requested docs on 24th April still waiting for 2nd payment . Fingers crossed 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KevinLee said:

@JTN that's weird, a majority of 30/06/2015 applicants have already received an invite from Home Affairs in the last few weeks.

Kev

Hi Kevin

Yes, so i cannot understand why? However we do not have any control - just wait patiently

• Like 1

On 6/6/2018 at 2:20 PM, JTN said:

Hi Kevin

Yes, so i cannot understand why? However we do not have any control - just wait patiently

Hi JTN. Not to worry, our application date is also 30/06/2015 and we’re still waiting for our letter as well. We emailed the department on 08/05 but have not heard back. As you say, we just wait patiently. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone 

I am new here, I have submitted my parents and brother application on 2 July 2015 still have not received any invitation letter so far. 

• Like 1

On Friday 8 June 2018 my sponsor received the Letter from Centrelink to establish the Bank Guarantee and to open up the term deposit Bond Account.

Please can anybody that has been through the Bond and Guarantee Process with CommBank help?

We all know that we need a 10 year Bank Guarantee.

CommBank told my sponsor that they can only do a Term Deposit for max 5 years and that it will automatically renew if not cancelled before the 5 years.Thay said that all the 143 Parent visas are done like that.

Is that correct?

Hi Roomies.

I apologise for not signing in regularly any more. I am studying at age 60. 😂

These days, I have absolutely NO idea what to expect from DIBP any more. 

Everything seems to be so messed up but I guess with all the "expected changes" that did not materialise it is to be expected. Nobody knew whether to carry on or wait to be told what to do. Now that all those issues have been sorted out, I guess we can all move on.

Welcome to all our newbies and speedy visas to all. 

20 minutes ago, DGT said:

On Friday 8 June 2018 my sponsor received the Letter from Centrelink to establish the Bank Guarantee and to open up the term deposit Bond Account.

Please can anybody that has been through the Bond and Guarantee Process with CommBank help?

We all know that we need a 10 year Bank Guarantee.

CommBank told my sponsor that they can only do a Term Deposit for max 5 years and that it will automatically renew if not cancelled before the 5 years.Thay said that all the 143 Parent visas are done like that.

Is that correct?

Hmmmn @DGT. I do remember now that you mention it, that my son did draw my attention to a similar scenario and I was so fed up with everything that I just told him "whatever".  Guess the assurer will have to 'renew' the bond every couple of years (in case we 'kick the bucket' before the AOS period is done?

It is kind of a thing here with the banks, it seems.

Even on my personal account, I  have to personally go into the bank to secure/negotiate a rate for my investment account? It is fixed for a certain period and after that not automatically renewed? I am not too sure about ALL banks but fortunately in a moment of sanity, I remembered the handsome young man at the bank telling me that I would need to review with them after 3 months. I went into the bank and dealt with the manager who was equally handsome (is this an old lady thing that all young men are handsome or am I just a lucky old lady at the handsome young men bank?) 😆

@DGT

I will check with him and let you know but I am quite positive that the subject was discussed.

Thanks @Elna57

It will help to know that my Bank Guarantee is in fact done correctly and not have to rectify it  later.Especially since we have to wait so long for responses....

@DGT. I have confirmed that Comm bank did tell my son that he will have to re-invest the bond amount after 5 years. It does not automatically roll over.

13 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@DGT. I have confirmed that Comm bank did tell my son that he will have to re-invest the bond amount after 5 years. It does not automatically roll over.

Thanks very much @Elna57.

Just for the sake of clarity for our 143 Partners:

The CommBank  Account information, that we received, does actually state that" If you do not contact us,your term Deposit will automatically be renewed for the same investment term"

The Bank Guarantee however has pretty complicated legal jargon relating to who and when the Guarantee can be withdrawn.

At the end of the day, it does seem that DIBP has the final say in the possible cancellation of the Bond. e.g. we may pass away before the 10 years etc.

I was always under the impression that we needed to establish a 10 Year Guarantee with a 10 Year investment of $14 000.

It seems that we did achieve this,but in a roundabout (ish) way.

It is comforting (for me) to know that at least this 5 year thing is the norm and that I am not out of line and due for a surprise when they scrutinize our application.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 9:45 PM, Onthemove said:

Hello fellow roomies,

Today's response to my test mail to the Parent Visa Centre contains two important points:

Firstly:

Secondly:

5 days' worth of progress since 4th May 😏  I'll take any amount at this stage 😬

@Onthemove

They have taken an ave of three days to process one day so far this year. 

Last year they took an ave 2 days to process one day over the same period.

Hopefully they will speed up with the new staff that apparently were allocated to DIBP.😏

@Onthemove How did you ad your dateline to your signature ?Please explain.😏

Someone else in our group also asked a while back that we do it..I think @TinaH ?

I must say that it is very helpful to see the persons dateline when they write something.Especially now that we dont have @Elna57

spreadsheet.

Virtually everyone does it onanother Visa blog and I found it most helpful.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DGT said:

@Onthemove

They have taken an ave of three days to process one day so far this year. 

Last year they took an ave 2 days to process one day over the same period.

Hopefully they will speed up with the new staff that apparently were allocated to DIBP.😏

@Onthemove How did you ad your dateline to your signature ?Please explain.😏

I must say that it is very helpful to see the persons dateline when they write something.Especially now that we dont have @Elna57

spreadsheet.

Virtually everyone does it onanother Visa blog and I found it most helpful.

Hi @DGT, am hoping fervently the process will speed up come 1 July 🤞😕

To add your dateline to your signature:

Top right hand corner of your screen displays your Icon with UserName with a down arrow:

1. click on the down arrow

2. select Account Settings

3. select Signature and you're ready ....…  

PS:  remember to SAVE your Signature (further down the page).  Your signature can be viewed (or hidden should you later decide to do so).

• Like 1

Welcome SKB and Abhi  - hope all goes well for you - best wishes

Thank you DGT for the important information regarding the AOS guarantee with the Comm Bank - nobody mentioned it before  - much appreciated

Thanks Onthemove for the info for how to update one's dateline to one's  Signature.

Best wishes to all of us in the waiting room 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JTN said:

Thanks Onthemove for the info for how to update one's dateline to one's  Signature.

Best wishes to all of us in the waiting room 

@JTN you’re welcome 😊 

good to my fellow roomies as well 🤞

• Like 1