Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Apologies all 
Just pointing you to a post I have made relating to a Budget announcement. Whilst great news for many people who have been in limbo on the 405 / 410 visas it appears that unless additional places are allocated to the parent visas that there may be some additional competition for the parent visas in the next few years.  As it looks like a quota of the parent visas may be allocated to this stream unless additional places are provided.

On a separate issue I note that the dis-allowance motion in respect of the change in legislation to AoS is set to be discussed in Senate later today. [Edit: Senate delayed the Motion to disallow the change in legislation until the first day of the next sitting of the Senate, this is scheduled for mid-June, unless something changes in the meantime]

Edited by TeeTMI
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TeeTMI said:

Apologies all 
Just pointing you to a post I have made relating to a Budget announcement. Whilst great news for many people who have been in limbo on the 405 / 410 visas it appears that unless additional places are allocated to the parent visas that there may be some additional competition for the parent visas in the next few years.  As it looks like a quota of the parent visas may be allocated to this stream unless additional places are provided.

On a separate issue I note that the dis-allowance motion in respect of the change in legislation to AoS is set to be discussed in Senate later today.

Sorry TeeTMI - I do not understand the above - how does the 405/410 visa affect the parents contributory visa? 405/401 is for those that want to retire in OZ who do not have family or dependants - just $7.5m as investment and $65K per annum income or a lesser amount if living in outlying areas. 

• Thanks 1

Great to see that there is lots of activity on out thread.

DGT - glad that you now have the letter to pay in the $14k. Thank you for the heads up regarding the problems that can happen at Centrelink - much apprecited

Viet  - good goings there mate - looks like you will be OZ sooner than you thought - best wishes

Elza - congrats - have you booked your flight - do not forget the big bottle of wine - enjoy OZ

Diveup  - great news  -- however it seems that some get the invite before others. I am 10th July so waiting aptiently

LeighM - you are also 30th Apriil 2015  - check your Spam , sometimes the invitation letter goes in there, unless you have an agent. A friend of mine ( no agent ) was apparently sent the email sometimes end October 2017 but never received it, when he checked with DIBP in December they said that it was sent. They then resent the email - so please check because Diveup got it for application date 30th April - same as you.

Benoni61  - hope all is going well for you and you making some progress towards getting your AOS sponsors sorted out  - good luck

Elna  - yes will be lovely to have that new thread   

@JTN Thanks for keeping us in mind - we're hoping something positive comes out of the following initiative: https://www.sbs.com.au/news/greens-vow-to-torpedo-government-s-punitive-parent-visa-hike

because we had already initiated significant financial commitments in terms of our annual allowances towards our pending move in 2019 which we cannot now reverse -  really did not see this curve ball coming - this is way beyond  their inflation rate and nobodies salary goes up by that amount (ok there are a couple of local exceptions ;-)  V keen to hear the outcome of this Senate meeting - I think its today in fact. 

@Benoni61

Regarding the fees for the 143 visa and the increase in AOS, have a look at THIS article and the costs that the Australian government incurs due to allowing us older, mostly non-working parents of Australian citizens to migrate to Australia. As you'll see they make a big loss on us.

Although my wife and I do work part time, we have been visiting doctors and Medicare pays for almost everything. We surely don't contribute more to the economy of the country than we absorb. 

Do everything you can to get here. It's really worth it. The past 8 months we've been here were some of the best of our life. Just loving it!

And the rest of the roomies, just be patient and appreciate the privilege to be able to get here. You won't regret it :D

• Like 1

Hi All

Just been told that the new AOS income requirement has been rescinded  - not sure if it is true. Does anybody know?

@Dirkz Thanks . We are certainly exploring all options right now. I visited my daughter only once and was blown away by the people, respect for each other, the cleanliness, safety, cycle lanes, Bunnings, etc ....even the golf ball flies better in Aus ;-)  No need to convince me... it was a real eye opener!! So make no mistake we'll continue to find a solution... still see it happening.

2 hours ago, JTN said:

Hi All

Just been told that the new AOS income requirement has been rescinded  - not sure if it is true. Does anybody know?

@JTN whoop whoop!! it appears to be true  https://www.sbs.com.au/news/exclusive-coalition-backflips-on-parent-visa-crackdown?cid=newsapp:socialshare:whatsapp

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JTN said:

Onthemove - any feedback on your AOS?

@JTN thanks for asking - nothing as yet, but my son will follow up next week by popping into Centrelink if the pending application still does not show up on his Centrelink account by then, just to give it 2 weeks for the system to "catch up".  We shall see if this is a wise move :unsure:.  Hoping though that all will be fine.

13 hours ago, JTN said:

Sorry TeeTMI - I do not understand the above - how does the 405/410 visa affect the parents contributory visa? 405/401 is for those that want to retire in OZ who do not have family or dependants - just $7.5m as investment and $65K per annum income or a lesser amount if living in outlying areas. 

The wording of the announcement suggests that the PR places allocated to these applicants may come from the Parent visa stream, unless more places are provided.

"From 2018-19, a portion of the planned parent permanent migration places will be quarantined for retirement visa holders each year. Retirement visa holders in Australia will be eligible to apply onshore for a permanent visa through the Parent (subclass 103) or Contributory Parent (subclass 143) visa streams. Retirement visa holders will be exempted from some parent visa requirements that they would typically be unable to meet, such as having family in Australia. "

Thank you TeeTMI for the explanation - shame it puts the normal parents visa application dates even further.

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you all know that my Dad's 143 application has been sent in the post today :)

I assume that we will get an email notification confirming lodgement?

Cheers,

Robbie

When we paid the lodgement fee, we received a confirmation of payment email shortly. 

But it took quite a few weeks/months to receive the visa lodgement confirmation. So just be patient. 

• Like 2

We made payment for the 143 application fee via my ImmiAccount a few weeks ago and added the payment receipt to the application we posted off today.

We know this application is going to take a long time, and we not in a rush. My Dad is planning to spend majority of the next 3 years in Australia and New Zealand  anyway. 

• Like 1

Assurance of Support

Went on Monday to Centrelink in Liverpool and did the AOS for my parents in law.

It took about 50 minutes to verify and scan all the paperwork. Pleasantly surprised and very efficient Centrelink.

Now we have to wait for the telephone interview within the next 28 days.

Any ideas of questions they will ask during this interview?

Diveup

Edited by Diveup
  • Like 1

Welcome RobbieP - yep it is a long wait. Now DIBP want to include subclass 405 / 410 ( retirees visa ) with the parents visa subclass 103 / 143 / 173 etc, so there will be fewer places for the normal parents that apply - lucky you got in now. Good luck.

Well done Diveup, hope all goes smoothly. Glad to know that Centrelink is so efficient - best wishes 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2018 at 7:46 PM, JTN said:

LeighM - you are also 30th April 2015  - check your Spam , sometimes the invitation letter goes in there, unless you have an agent.

Thanks JTN. We're going through an agent, and so far she hasn't heard anything. Really disconcerting knowing that others have applied around the same time and are already moving ahead. We'll continue to be patient, but we're about 2 weeks behind now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeighM said:

Thanks JTN. We're going through an agent, and so far she hasn't heard anything. Really disconcerting knowing that others have applied around the same time and are already moving ahead. We'll continue to be patient, but we're about 2 weeks behind now.

Please contact immi yourselves as well.  I've just heard about a family where the parents are using an agent and, despite this, had heard nothing.  Their application date was sometime in March 2015 so more than time to have heard something by now. Their daughter decided to contract the department herself only to find that medicals and PCC were requested back in December 2017 almost 5 months ago!!!! Now they are all scrambling to get everything submitted in time. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KevinLee said:

@JTN, have you received an invite from Home affairs yet?

Kev

Hi KevinLee

No not yet - will wait till end May and then contact DIBP. Mine is also via an agent

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JTN said:

Hi KevinLee

No not yet - will wait till end May and then contact DIBP. Mine is also via an agent

One friend of mine has already received an invite from immi, he has submitted on 09/07/2015.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KevinLee said:

One friend of mine has already received an invite from immi, he has submitted on 09/07/2015.

@kevinlee his invitation to pay the AOS?

4 hours ago, KevinLee said:

Hi KevinLee

Thanks for the heads up - will contact DIBP immediately.

LeighM - maybe you should do the same as your application date is 30th April 2015.

SueP - the first email is an invitation to submit Meds / PCC and any other documents that may be required by DIBP.  Using the HAP number that they give , you must then apply to Centrelink to arrange the AOS deposit and then get clearance from Centrelink for DIBP to eventually request the 2nd VAC payment after which, once payment made, your visas will be issued.  

• Like 1