Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

@DGT  thank u, will need all the luck. :rolleyes: also thanks to your valued input. 

23 hours ago, Onthemove said:

Hello everyone,

Good news from my side:

Just got that long awaited call from my agent -  invitation received to submit further documentation, do the medicals and submit AOS.

So excited; doing my happy dance -  1,035 days from lodging my CPV :D woohoo

Congrats Onthemove  - now you really on the move - well done.

We few days away from Freedom day - yours was a long walk to freedom, sorry dance!! 

Good luck and hope all goes smoothly for rest of your requirements

• Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 1:49 PM, Benoni61 said:

As a result of the dramatic change to the AOS requirements, it appears we are going to be struck out. The application charge is "normally" not refundable but does anyone have knowledge of whether the charge would be refundable under these circumstances? ie the AOS  requirements increases during the extended period beyond the original 18 - 24 months which is what they had indicated.

Hi Benoni

Sorry about that, it is such a pity that after waiting so long this has to happen. Can you not find any other Sponsor? You should try and not give up easily

Best wishes

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JTN said:

Congrats Onthemove  - now you really on the move - well done.

We few days away from Freedom day - yours was a long walk to freedom, sorry dance!! 

Good luck and hope all goes smoothly for rest of your requirements

@JTN  thanks a mill, appreciate it :)

on many days though it felt more of an infant crawl, rather than dancing (a slow waltz)  - now it's the samba !!  LOL

@Onthemove Congrats!! Hope all moves quickly for you.

• Thanks 1

On 25/04/2018 at 6:28 PM, Onthemove said:

@JTN  thanks a mill, appreciate it :)

on many days though it felt more of an infant crawl, rather than dancing (a slow waltz)  - now it's the samba !!  LOL

Hi Onthemove,

I am a silent follower of this forum.

Congratz!! May I know who is your case officer? I mean his/her name?

Thanks

34 minutes ago, LongWait said:

Hi Onthemove,

I am a silent follower of this forum.

Congratz!! May I know who is your case officer? I mean his/her name?

Thanks

@LongWait   hello, unfortunately I won't know that for some weeks to come

3 hours ago, LongWait said:

May I know who is your case officer? I mean his/her name?

For the privacy of immi workers, please don't share their names. It doesn't help anybody else's application to know what a case worker's name is. We don't get to choose our case worker after all.  This forum is public to guests and searchable by Google so it would be an invasion of privacy to share any names.  Thanks in advance for understanding.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, RYLC said:

For the privacy of immi workers, please don't share their names. It doesn't help anybody else's application to know what a case worker's name is. We don't get to choose our case worker after all.  This forum is public to guests and searchable by Google so it would be an invasion of privacy to share any names.  Thanks in advance for understanding.

Totally agree. Thanks @RYLC

• Like 1

On 4/25/2018 at 9:07 AM, JTN said:

Hi Benoni

Sorry about that, it is such a pity that after waiting so long this has to happen. Can you not find any other Sponsor? You should try and not give up easily

Best wishes

@JTN Thanks v much for your message. We have definitely not lost hope as we do still have time on our side, so we're working furiously on identifying a suitable and willing sponsor. (but its a big ask) However we will have to also work on a Plan B in the interim.

@Benoni61 Your daughter as the sponsor does not perhaps own her own business?

@Onthemove Dont fret hun,one doesn't even GET a case officers name. Just some initials and a number but even that I wouldnt share and definitely not in public.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Elna57 said:

@Benoni61 Your daughter as the sponsor does not perhaps own her own business?

@Elna57 Nope she is a salaried Fin Manager. I'm aware that a legitimately established Company (subject to certain normal conditions) could be Assurer without needing to meet specific income requirements (would've been ideal). I estimate we have until Jan 2019 to find a suitable joint Assurer but need to get cracking right away ;-)

41 minutes ago, Elna57 said:

@Onthemove Dont fret hun,one doesn't even GET a case officers name. Just some initials and a number but even that I wouldnt share and definitely not in public.

@Elna57 thank you 😊 Just very happy to have received the big invitation to start the ball rolling, exactly 2 months prior to reaching the 36 month waiting mark! 

AoS is the next time consuming step.

2 hours ago, KevinLee said:

Hi Roomie,

The Greens are working to overturn a new AOS regulation, please ask your sponsor sign the link below and share with your friends

https://greens.org.au/family-reunions

Kev

Just to add a news article on this - sounds as if it is to be raised in senate next week. 
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/greens-vow-to-torpedo-government-s-punitive-parent-visa-hike

• Thanks 2

@KevinLee  @TeeTMI  fantastic! It would be great news if recent AOS changes were overturned and a relief to those who would otherwise be adversely affected. 

• Like 1

On 27/04/2018 at 8:54 PM, Onthemove said:

@Elna57 thank you 😊 Just very happy to have received the big invitation to start the ball rolling, exactly 2 months prior to reaching the 36 month waiting mark! 

AoS is the next time consuming step.

@Onthemove congrats! I’ve been keeping a close (silent) eye on your progress. My parents-in-law have a lodgement date of 30/06/2015, so we’re waiting with baited breath to get that letter! We also had a bit of an AoS scare with the new regulations, but managed to scramble and get a suitable family member to help out in time. I’ll keep this thread updated of our progress as well. 

• Like 1

My mom is officially in the waiting line! Lodged 26 April 2018. Now 3 years must just pass... terribly long time to wait.

• Like 1

So today I finally got the news!

The long awaited letter of AoS approval has been received by my son and forwarded to my case officer, immigration, agent and myself! ( my whole world thats important right now)

Yay!! One less step, and a little closer to the finish line!!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Elza said:

The long awaited letter of AoS approval has been received by my son and forwarded to my case officer, immigration, agent and myself! ( my whole world thats important right now)

Yay!! Well done buddy! I am so happy for you that I am treating myself to a second glass of wine. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/1/2018 at 4:14 PM, LeighM said:

@Onthemove congrats! I’ve been keeping a close (silent) eye on your progress. My parents-in-law have a lodgement date of 30/06/2015, so we’re waiting with baited breath to get that letter! We also had a bit of an AoS scare with the new regulations, but managed to scramble and get a suitable family member to help out in time. I’ll keep this thread updated of our progress as well. 

@LeighM  glad to hear you've resolved your AoS scare - wish you good luck going forward.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Elza said:

@Elza so happy for you; what a wonderful relief.  Not long now, I'm sure :ilikeit:

• Thanks 1