Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

On 16/05/2018 at 11:12 AM, RYLC said:

Please contact immi yourselves as well.  I've just heard about a family where the parents are using an agent and, despite this, had heard nothing.  Their application date was sometime in March 2015 so more than time to have heard something by now. Their daughter decided to contract the department herself only to find that medicals and PCC were requested back in December 2017 almost 5 months ago!!!! Now they are all scrambling to get everything submitted in time. 

Happy to contact them. I tried some 1800 number, but it was constantly busy. Is that the only means of contacting them, besides the email? Or is the parents@ email the better option?

• Like 1

Application status

Contributory Parent (subclass 143) visa: Received (15 May)

In the queue we go :)

• Like 1

On 5/18/2018 at 7:07 PM, JTN said:

LeighM , email is the best way to contact them.

Thanks JTN. The agent sent an email query on 09/05, still no word back. I suppose things will happen when they must, no use whipping ourselves up into a froth about it. I went through the same sort of nail biting experience with my own visa application, so I’ve had practice :)

hi everyone, its been a while snce i last added any comments here.... i was looking for some advice from you guys who have already recieved your visa.  So i submitted my AoS 14 November 2017, we did the interview, med and police clearance etc. done, Aos payment was done. On the 1st May 2018 we recieved our letter from centre link saying my AoS application has been approved. According to the letter they have already notified the DIBP that they have accepted my application, so they can now proceed with the visa application for me.

My question is, my son checkes his emails daily and have recieved nothing as of yet, is this normal? Today is three weeks that we`ve been waiting to get the instruction to pay the 2nd Vat so my visa can come through......... If anyone can give me advice, confirmation regarding this i would be so very grateful, my process starting in 10 February 2014!!!!!

@Elna57 @DGT @Onthemove@JTN @Dirkz and any one else whos been here a while....... Feel so close, but yet so far.........😩

thanks 😩😴

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Elza said:

hi everyone, its been a while snce i last added any comments here.... i was looking for some advice from you guys who have already recieved your visa.  So i submitted my AoS 14 November 2017, we did the interview, med and police clearance etc. done, Aos payment was done. On the 1st May 2018 we recieved our letter from centre link saying my AoS application has been approved. According to the letter they have already notified the DIBP that they have accepted my application, so they can now proceed with the visa application for me.

My question is, my son checkes his emails daily and have recieved nothing as of yet, is this normal? Today is three weeks that we`ve been waiting to get the instruction to pay the 2nd Vat so my visa can come through......... If anyone can give me advice, confirmation regarding this i would be so very grateful, my process starting in 10 February 2014!!!!!

@Elna57 @DGT @Onthemove@JTN @Dirkz and any one else whos been here a while....... Feel so close, but yet so far.........😩

thanks 😩😴

@Elza

I am in the same position.My sponsor received his call on the 4th of May and was told that he will get the letter within 2 weeks.(Still waiting and will check with CentreLink this week.)

We need that letter in order for us to go to CommBank to arrange for the AUD 14 000 Bank Guarantee.

We then take that Guarantee letter back to Centrelink who will register it on their system and forward it to their AOS department.

They will then send us the AOS acceptance letter.

That Acceptance letter must then be sent to our CO who will then advise us to make the second VAC payment.

I believe that the Department will issue our PR Visa very soon after that.

@Dirkz advised us to check the spelling etc at CommBank.Better safe than sorry.☺️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DGT said:

That Acceptance letter must then be sent to our CO who will then advise us to make the second VAC payment.

@DGT yes correct, so my acceptance letter has been sent to my CO on 1 May! My question is how long does it take for them to advise us on paying the 2nd VAT .... I've been waiting for this now for 3 weeks! Is this time frame correct?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Elza said:

@DGT yes correct, so my acceptance letter has been sent to my CO on 1 May! My question is how long does it take for them to advise us on paying the 2nd VAT .... I've been waiting for this now for 3 weeks! Is this time frame correct?

Yes Elza, Your CO needs that AOS Acceptance Letter before they contact you for the 2nd VAC. We were in personal contact with our CO at that stage and as soon as my Assurer (my son) received that letter, he forwarded it to me and I to my CO. 

All I can think is that the hold up is at your agent. They should have sent the letter to Parent Centre, although AOS also send those Acceptance Letters to Parent Centre once in two weeks. That's what my CO told me. So Parent Centre will receive it even if you don't send it to them. 3 weeks is a bit long, but check with your agent. I paid my 2nd VAC the same day that my CO received our AOS Acceptance Letter (but as you know we were in a time predicament and in contact with our CO).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, DGT said:

@Elza

I am in the same position.My sponsor received his call on the 4th of May and was told that he will get the letter within 2 weeks.(Still waiting and will check with CentreLink this week.)

We need that letter in order for us to go to CommBank to arrange for the AUD 14 000 Bank Guarantee.

We then take that Guarantee letter back to Centrelink who will register it on their system and forward it to their AOS department.

@Dirkz advised us to check the spelling etc at CommBank.Better safe than sorry.☺️

DGT, you have all the facts correct!

After my son did his telephonic interview with Centrelink for the AOS, they also said that he should get the the confirmation letter within two weeks after which he should follow the instructions and pay the AOS Bond at Commonwealth Bank. It took quite a few weeks for him to receive that letter to proceed. He also went in to Centrelink after 3 weeks to check when he will receive that letter. 

You are correct that we got delayed somewhat because the lady at Comm Bank made some small spelling mistakes when issuing the AOS Bond Letter and my son did not pick it up. So when he took it back to Centrelink and they entered it in the system, it would not match the info on the system and it took some time for them to find that out. He then had to go back to the bank to get another Bond Letter to give to Centrelink, who had to modify the first one on the system. So go through everything you get in detail. Don't trust the person doing it to be fail safe (although our case was an exception).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

We received confirmation of AOS on 18 April. Been over a month for us waiting for CO and request for payment of 2nd VAC. I think it all depends on when you are allocated a CO because at that point all of your docs can be assessed and a decision made. From earlier posts, it seems that the AOS was the hold up to issuing the visa but now It seems that it is back to waiting for a CO.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, data said:

We received confirmation of AOS on 18 April. Been over a month for us waiting for CO and request for payment of 2nd VAC. I think it all depends on when you are allocated a CO because at that point all of your docs can be assessed and a decision made. From earlier posts, it seems that the AOS was the hold up to issuing the visa but now It seems that it is back to waiting for a CO.

data, there is a difference between the initial confirmation letter from Centrelink that your AOS has been lodged and accepted and the final AOS Acceptance Letter.

After Centrelink has informed you that they have accepted your application, they hand that over (on their system) to their AOS division in Canberra (I think) from where the final approval should come. AOS headquarters then eventually will approve your AOS and issue an AOS Acceptance Letter which is the one everyone is waiting for. This last letter takes quite a while to procure, because AOS division is overloaded with applications. Once that letter is issued (like in Elza's case) it should take a short while for your CO to get it. This is to say if you have been issued a CO yet. 

You know that you have received a CO when you get the email asking you to submit your medicals, Form 80, AOS Acceptance Letter, etc. If you have received that request, but not your AOS Acceptance Letter yet, then you (or your agent) should supply that Letter to your CO as soon as you get it.

It also seems that some applicants were told NOT to bother sending that final AOS AccLetter to their CO's because AOS will send it in any case. They send all the Processed AOS Acceptance Letters to Parent Centre once a week or two weeks.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info @Dirkz. My folks were asked to pre-prepare medicals/AOS so have done that and received final AOS acceptance letter. No CO contact yet so Form 80 prepped and ready. 

Wonder if they've reached cap yet for the year.

• Like 1

@data

ok so you now wait for your CO to contact you for those forms. That might happen in the next few weeks/months before you receive your AOS Acceptance Letter from AOS headquarters. 

If the limit has been reached for year end July 2018, it will just extend your waiting for another month or two. 

Good luck 😊👍

• Like 1

On 5/21/2018 at 12:51 PM, Elza said:

thanks 😩😴

@Elza I share your sentiments 😫 We’ve had no further contact from AOS, except that the call will come from an unknown number to conduct the telephonic interview. Waiting goes on and life is in limbo. It is what it is 🤨 

• Sad 1

Thank you so much T. That is great news.

14 minutes ago, Onthemove said:

The call will come from an unknown number to conduct the telephonic interview. Waiting goes on and life is in limbo. It is what it is 🤨 

When it came to my application, we were asked to place the call the Monday morning.... So we were asked to call them..... All of us are having different procedures!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@Elza You are so right!

• Sad 1

@data

Sorry I misread your post that you have already received the final AOS Acceptance Letter. 

The only hold up for you now is probably that they have reached their capped limit of 143 visas for this July 2018 year.

It sounds like @Elza is in the same boat. 

Patience is all that you can have now! (I know it's very difficult)

No progress in the last 3 weeks

"PROCESSING CONTRIBUTORY PARENT VISAS

In the 2017-18 Migration Programme year, 7175 Contributory Parent visa places are available for applicants applying from in and outside Australia.  Due to high numbers of Contributory Parent visa applications lodged in May and June 2014, processing time for these is expected to exceed 30 months.

·         OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 30 April 2015."

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, KevinLee said:

No progress in the last 3 weeks

"PROCESSING CONTRIBUTORY PARENT VISAS

In the 2017-18 Migration Programme year, 7175 Contributory Parent visa places are available for applicants applying from in and outside Australia.  Due to high numbers of Contributory Parent visa applications lodged in May and June 2014, processing time for these is expected to exceed 30 months.

·         OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 30 April 2015."

it seems the processing of visa 143 is getting slower and slower.

Well, Time goes by, so slowly..... This week I enter my 40 months mark since submitting my application.  6 months ago I submitted my AoS!! 

All I need to do is pay and receive my visa, it's been a month since I received my AoS approval letter, now, waiting!!

This is so incredibly frustrating, every day begins and ends and I hear nothing and I can do nothing!! Wow!

Edited by Elza
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

@Elza this too will pass and soon (fingers crossed) you’ll be on your way across the pond to a new life. Don’t loose heart; stay strong 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1