Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

On 6/21/2018 at 8:38 PM, bernadette24 said:

i presume that 44 months is for people who apply now for visa 143.

One can only guess. 

On 6/24/2018 at 3:47 PM, Ike said:

If I had to do it all over again I would:

Get my application in ASAP, even without all the information.

You have 3+ years to get all the documents and update the missing information. 

I wasted 1 year waiting for my birth certificate. Could have already landed. 

With all the changes to AOS and talk of ceilings the numbers are going to change, this will change the queues, hopefully one can jump a couple of months.   The SA couple, more than one. 

Next week with the new allocations all will start moving again, hopefully we will be in the new allocation. 

@Ike Mate, thanks for clarifying the SA couple.  I have been corrected on that quite often and find it hard to adjust to that. 

So excited for the 1st July to see all the "granted" posts on here. Please share with us.

@Sassyninja and new members. Kindly update your signature in order for others to follow your progress. It is always a great help to establish some kind of timeline.

Here is how to do it, compliments of @Onthemove 's earlier post.

To add your dateline to your signature:

Top right hand corner of your screen displays your Icon with UserName with a down arrow:

1. click on the down arrow

2. select Account Settings

3. select Signature and you're ready ....…  

PS:  remember to SAVE your Signature (further down the page).  Your signature can be viewed (or hidden should you later decide to do so).

Thanks @SD_MOA

Yeah its 2 years on 5 July, however want to get it in before 1 July increases? Will make payment tomorrow so that is done. 

For the application forms, its the form 40 from myself and the 47PA for my mom, do I need to submit the 47A as well? 

15 minutes ago, Sassyninja said:

Thanks @SD_MOA

Yeah its 2 years on 5 July, however want to get it in before 1 July increases? Will make payment tomorrow so that is done. 

For the application forms, its the form 40 from myself and the 47PA for my mom, do I need to submit the 47A as well? 

"A completed form 47A Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or older, for each member of the family unit, aged 18 years or over, of you and/or your partner."  Direct quote from document checklist.

Does any applicant for the CPV143 have any dependent family member aged 18 years or older? If no, then you do not have to complete.

Edited by Elna57
  • Like 1

Thanks @Elna57

PS. I have a signature - can you not see it? Not sure what to update it to... no changes here. :)

1 minute ago, Sassyninja said:

Thanks @Elna57

PS. I have a signature - can you not see it? Not sure what to update it to... no changes here. :)

Apologies! Yes I can see your own one. Did not know that you have not lodged CPV application yet. Sorry.

@Elna57 - no worries. Will let you know when. Will probably make payment tonight to lock in the rate. 

1 hour ago, Sassyninja said:

Thanks @SD_MOA

I know you want to lock in the lower fees but are you sure applying before the 2 years (even by a week as Stephen said) is wise? It will make your application date prior to your 2 year eligability date. To me that sounds like your application will be refused. I don't think you get the application fee back either. Maybe Stephen can comment @SD_MOA

2 hours ago, SD_MOA said:

living in Australia for at least 2 years at the time you submit the visa application.  If you have been here under two years even by a week the application could be refused.

If you're planning on paying in June and submitting in July then you will have paid a 2017 fee for a 2018 application and will be asked to pay the shortfall.  Just so you know....

Edited by RYLC
  • Like 1

I honestly don't feel that we will refused as we have settled really quickly, I think its based on proof of 'settled' rather than time. But you have made me nervous now. 

@RYLC - it says once you pay you have 30 days to submit the application? 

45 minutes ago, Sassyninja said:

I honestly don't feel that we will refused as we have settled really quickly, I think its based on proof of 'settled' rather than time. But you have made me nervous now. 

@RYLC - it says once you pay you have 30 days to submit the application? 

The 2 years is an absolute requirement as Stephen stated. Other proof of settlement is over and above that. Stephen's post said that you can't be short of the time period by even a week.

And having 30 days to submit is a separate issue to paying the 2017 fee for a 2018 dated application. They will require the right fee for the right year but since this part is via the website the system will charge the appropriate fee or they will contact you if needed.

Hopefully @SD_MOA will comment soon to spell it out absolutely.

Edited by RYLC

@Sassyninja your assumption seems quite solid, but one can never be sure. 

When we applied in Nov 2014 our second child (out of three) was only settled for 3 months, but our other child was a citizen already. 

I tried to search for the new rules and only found that your sponsor child must be settled (see below). If you are the only child in Australia, then obviously you are the sponsor.

Otherwise to be safe, rather wait the extra week to bring you into the 2 year settled frame, sacrifice the possible visa fee increase and save the possible loss of the application fee and with that possibly much time (if your visa application is rejected). Could you not get hold of Parent Visa Centre in Perth and just ask them? 

Settled

An Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen is considered settled if they have been living in Australia for two years.

For Australian citizens, the time might be reduced to three months in compassionate and compelling circumstances.

@Dirkz, yeah I am the sponsor. 

Thanks for that, yeah perhaps I should try give them a ring.
Surely people wont be paying next years rates if they applying this week? Looks like its only $185 more. 

Top of the mornin' to everyone ☺️

Woohoo - Centrelink just called my son for his "interview" with them and informed him that he can expect a letter with instructions in the mail.

Then to make the bank deposit for the AOS bond and to provide them with proof of thereof.

Relieved movement is finally happening (passed the 3 yr mark this past Sunday, the 24th) 😄😁

• Like 2

@Onthemove. YAY!! Congrats!! So happy for you.

Our case gets more curious by the day. We contacted the department by email again on 22/06 asking about progress (our lodgement date is 30/06/2015). They confirmed correspondence was sent to the agent 27/04/2018 already 😕 She seems terribly puzzled and is adamant that she has not received any correspondence from the department. She's mailed them once more (PVC Team 1 this time) asking them to forward their comms on again.

We're beyond patient now and are just numbly floating along in the process waiting for the next milestone to come up.

2 hours ago, Onthemove said:

Woohoo - Centrelink just called my son for his "interview" with them and informed him that he can expect a letter with instructions in the mail.

Then to make the bank deposit for the AOS bond and to provide them with proof of thereof.

Relieved movement is finally happening (passed the 3 yr mark this past Sunday, the 24th) 😄😁

Great stuff @Onthemove.The party has started.I am very glad for you.

Dont be afraid to visit Centrelink after 3 weeks to ask them look at their local system whether there may be correspondence from their Head office in Sydney.

Ours was ON their system and then OFF their system. Eventually reloaded (by them end Feb) .Eventually progressed and we could see that the application date on our correspondence was shown as Feb 2018 instead of Oct 2017.

9 minutes ago, DGT said:

Great stuff @Onthemove.The party has started.I am very glad for you.

Dont be afraid to visit Centrelink after 3 weeks to ask them look at their local system whether there may be correspondence from their Head office in Sydney.

Ours was ON their system and then OFF their system. Eventually reloaded (by them end Feb) .Eventually progressed and we could see that the application date on our correspondence was shown as Feb 2018 instead of Oct 2017.

Thank you @DGT   I've passed on your tip to my son. 

Have you received any further indication as to when to pay your 2nd VAC?   Good luck going forward. 

1 hour ago, Onthemove said:

Have you received any further indication as to when to pay your 2nd VAC?   Good luck going forward. 

Thanks @Onthemove.

I am happy to report that we received our AOS Approval letter on 20 June 2018.☺️

Now we are hoping that we will get the request for 2nd VAC  real SOON.

@Elza said on 16 June ,that her letter from PVC stated that they will only be issuing Visas again from 1 July 2018 , as the allocation for 2017 is full.

Hopefully I can still pay and get the PR Visa soon.....We have  booked flights to Aus  a while back ! ....and it would have been great to enter AUS with our NEW PR Visa ☺️

Otherwise ...Bali here we come for a few days !

• Like 1

On 6/16/2018 at 5:38 PM, Elza said:

We finally received an email at the beginning of the week asking us to pay the 2nd VAC payment, which my son did immediately!  On the request letter it said I can expect my visa to be finalized  from 1st July. 

Interestingly  my agent email my son thanking him for the proof etc. Of payment, and then commented, "wow! You paid quick, just remember the visa will only come through in July as we have already reached the cap"

I didn't know  about this until now, I guess this is why we are all waiting for something to happen, And everything just seems yo be stuck!😫

Thanks very much for this sharing the actual letter with us @Elza.Its always good to hear this kind of news from this way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DGT said:

Thanks @Onthemove.

I am happy to report that we received our AOS Approval letter on 20 June 2018.☺️

Hopefully I can still pay and get the PR Visa soon.....We have  booked flights to Aus  a while back ! ....and it would have been great to enter AUS with our NEW PR Visa ☺️

Otherwise ...Bali here we come for a few days !

@DGT  that is indeed good news 👍  With a dash of extra luck, 2nd VAC may be requested on 2nd July (1st working day of the month) and then the visa granted within that 1st week. Wouldn't that be something?!  Got everything crossable crossed for you  🤞 😵

SOON SOON !!!  

10 hours ago, Onthemove said:

Thanks @Onthemove.

Yes I am happy to report that We received our AOS Approval letter on 20 June 2018.☺️

It appears that 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2018 at 9:00 AM, Onthemove said:

Well done Onthemove - congratulations - not long to go now.

Best wishes for rest of process.  

• Thanks 1