Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Just heard QF 64 overhead. Anybody onboard.  

E622DA16-5DB3-4C7E-B4E4-AB572354995A.jpeg

Edited by Ike
Added live track

11 hours ago, DGT said:

Thanks very much  @Dirkz..Thanks also for your valuable info over the past years.

Luckily my Banking was sorted a while back. This helps a lot toward the 100 points one needs for their "FICA".before we can exchange the SA one for the  Aus one  , without having to do a "passing out" again.

I understand that A Bank statement with my Aus address on it  counts quite a lot for the "Proof of address in Aus". Plus our Passports and we should be OK.?

I understand that we have 3 months in which to obtain the 100 points ?

We really don"t feel like passing out for a drivers again!!

It seems that you might also swop your SA drivers licence for a Western Austrlian one without passing out. We could in Queensland.

You might just need an eye test when you go. You'll find all you need to know about getting the drivers licence on their website. 

https://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/transferring-your-overseas-licence.asp?212

Just check it out and do it. As you will experience, everything works very well here and is made very clear. We've also found people here are very helpful and friendly in general (unlike SA - especially gov departments!)

10 hours ago, Ike said:

LOL Yeah; didn’t u see me wave 👋 

🤣😂😆 

Looking forward to the day I do .......

• Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 12:14 AM, Dirkz said:

It seems that you might also swop your SA drivers licence for a Western Austrlian one without passing out. We could in Queensland.

You might just need an eye test when you go. You'll find all you need to know about getting the drivers licence on their website. 

https://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/transferring-your-overseas-licence.asp?212

Just check it out and do it. As you will experience, everything works very well here and is made very clear. We've also found people here are very helpful and friendly in general (unlike SA - especially gov departments!)

Once gain thank you @Dirkz. This link is a great help.I am very pleased that you sent it on to me.

In my opinion it is extremely important that one needs to navigate it carefully and thoroughly because you don't want to miss the 3 months deadline once you have entered AUS.

22 hours ago, JTN said:

Congratulations DGT and best wishes on your life journey in OZ  - enjoy it

Thank you @JTN.

It does feel like a life journey.We started contemplating the move in 2012 already.

It feels weird to realize that THIS is  actually our HOME  nou.Suddenly the shorter part of our trips will be in SA instead of in Aus.....GREAT feeling.

On 7/5/2018 at 8:11 PM, Ike said:

@Ike  Dont forget the SA280 😉 

• Like 2

SA280 just above st Lucia today, to far north to wave. 

Working overtime. 

D7A4DAEE-5B3F-49A9-910F-EBFF6AA3B964.jpeg

@Jignesh. I do not think anyone can even guess an answer to that. It used to be so straightforward but nowadays any guess is a shot in the dark. I suggest you take a look at other people's timelines and perhaps work from there?

For now, as things are and if it stays the same, I guess one can safely say do not bargain on getting a visa within three years.  We will have to see now that the new "immigration year" has started again, when people are being contacted for forms 80 and medicals etc. 

Welcome to our family in any event!

• Like 1

On 7/7/2018 at 8:00 PM, DGT said:

@Ike  Dont forget the SA280 😉 

I always look at the planes as they take off and land wherever I am in Brissy and see them and think "there must be at least one mom or dad or family member on there either crying tears of joy or tears of happiness, either leaving or arriving."

Whether for good or just a visit. I can not help it. It just happens all the time and it makes me so sad thinking that some won't be coming back for good. But to those of you who do make it, good on you mate! 

On 7/6/2018 at 8:51 PM, JTN said:

Congratulations DGT and best wishes on your life journey in OZ  - enjoy it

@JTN is there any update from your end?

Kev

Hi Kevin - nothing yet - still waiting. I have to do change of details forms for us and my son.

We sold our home and moved into an apartment / my son also moved into his own home.

We also new grand parents - needed there urgently now so waiting in anticipation. 

• Like 1

@JTN congrats having a new grand kid, you should check with PVC about status of your application.

Kev

21 hours ago, JTN said:

Hi Kevin - nothing yet - still waiting. I have to do change of details forms for us and my son.

We sold our home and moved into an apartment / my son also moved into his own home.

We also new grand parents - needed there urgently now so waiting in anticipation. 

@JTN  Congratulations on your new family addition  - definitely time for you to be in Aus to enjoy. 

4 hours ago, KevinLee said:

@JTN congrats having a new grand kid, you should check with PVC about status of your application.

Kev

Hi Kevin  --- we did via our agents and the reply they got was that they are still processing 5th May 2015 and that we must wait until a CO is allocated to our file. 

23 hours ago, JTN said:

Hi Kevin  --- we did via our agents and the reply they got was that they are still processing 5th May 2015 and that we must wait until a CO is allocated to our file. 

It seems that processing the visa 143 is getting slower and slower

We applied for visa 143 in August 2015.  i expect they will look at our application in 6 months time.

17 hours ago, Ike said:

A friend of mine was listening to a news broadcast in Swaziland and the news reader said that the particular politician was dishonest, he lied even though it wasn’t absolutely necessary..

Dishonest children become weather forecasters and politicians..

Dishonest friends tell us how wonderful we are,  

All the noise around quotas and ceilings, I think it is safe to assume that there is definitely a want to reduce the number of visas.  

All the noise around AOS increases, I again think it is safe to assume that there is definitely a need to implement the new rules.

If one looks at the new AOS rules and requirements, some if not all of the arguments are sound and valid.

The parties that are trying to stop the implementation of the new AOS are causing more delays, me thinks. Are they not doing more harm than good.  

Is it time for a new category of parent visa:

Parent visa or Contributory Parent visa or Contributory Parent visa that accepts the new AOS requirements.  

Are there honest people out there that can tell us what is actually going on. 

Suger coated pills are just that, sweetness with all the dreaded side effects of the pill. 

Edited by Ike
Added

@Ike

Having lived in Australia for almost a year now, I can say that my experience here has been really good as far as honesty and helpfulness is concerned. 

I hear that politicians are not always the most honest people in general (and even here it is sometimes suggested), but being a really democratic society here the people are quick to vote out a politician that is found to be the slightest dishonest. (Unlike South Africa where the masses are uninformed.)

As far as the parent visas go, you can search the results of the committee who investigated this 143 visa about a year or two ago with the results which showed that the Aus government is losing millions each year due to the burden these parent migrants are putting on the country over their lifetime.

So the small investment of $14000 for the AOS and the once off fee of about $95000 for the visa is used up very quickly by the parents, AND on average they don't normally contribute much to the productivity of the workforce. Not many parents have saved enough Rands to be able to retire in Australia in AU$. If you earn AU$ it's easy to survive, but dividing your Rands by 10 makes a big difference.

So it is understandable that the Aus government wants to clamp down on the parent migration. It's a toss up between keeping the expats happy and healthy (getting their parents here) and suffering this financial burden.

So for all in the waiting room, just be grateful you are in the process already and be patient!

It's all worth it !!! 😊

Hi All

In my opinion the main reason for the delay or slowness in processing the 143 / 173 visas is that Home Affairs states in their reply ( when we email them for the current status of the processing dates ) to those applicants on the 103 / 804 visa stream ( Non Contributory queue ) that you can switch to the 143 /173 contributory queue and also states  that  " your original application lodgement date will be taken into account for your new application thus ensuring that you are not disadvantaged "

So assume that when one applies for the 143 /173 and the the queue number  is 35001, now  a few months later 100 applicants from the 103 /804 visa queue decide to join the 143 / 173 queue your queue number will now be 35101. So each time these 103 / 804 applicants who applied well before June 2015  decide to pay and switch to the 143 /173 visa queue we get pushed back  - it is unfortunate but that's whats happening.

Like Dirkz says lets just be patient.

best wishes to all in the queue

"  

Hi,

I submitted all my AOS paperwork for my in-laws on the 14th of May 2018.

To date I have not heard a word about our interview. Very frustrating.

When we lodged our application in August 2015 we were told we would have our visa without 2 years. It is so frustrating as  it is almost 3 years and nothing has happened. We are not getting any younger, both our sons live in Australia and our grandchildren too. We have no family life at all being separated from them.

27 minutes ago, bernadette24 said:

When we lodged our application in August 2015 we were told we would have our visa without 2 years. It is so frustrating as  it is almost 3 years and nothing has happened. We are not getting any younger, both our sons live in Australia and our grandchildren too. We have no family life at all being separated from them.

When we applied in Nov 2015 it was 18 months. Soon it got longer and when we eventually received the visa last year, 33 months had past!

At our age a year or two won't make that much difference. Just be patient and positive (and healthy!). To keep you busy, research all the things you are going to do when you get to Australia and prepare yourself for the new environment as much as you can. It helps to know what to expect - your adjustment will be shortened and you will settle quicker to start enjoying life here.

• Like 1