Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

On 8/7/2018 at 7:58 PM, Sassyninja said:

Thanks @Dirkz

I cant see your signature. 

Yeah... wonder why? I can not see any signatures. Hopefully will be fixed soon.

3 hours ago, Elna57 said:

Yeah... wonder why? I can not see any signatures. Hopefully will be fixed soon.

Mmm I can see all the signatures but can not edit mine to add the last bit of my timeline. Have tried a few times. 

@Dirkz

@Elna57

that's odd.  I've just updated my signature with a smiley - are you hitting the SAVE button at the bottom of the field?

image.png.d269bded08d554fd2b49875da144f14a.png

In order to see other signatures one needs to select

image.png.627b161aa26181ccf94caa7133ef1ea0.png

Though I can only see other signatures or edit my own on my laptop; I can do neither on my cellphone - seems cellphones are limited regardless of how smart they are. :lol:

Hope this helps going forward

Thanks @Onthemove ,

I've been editing my Profile and not my Account. Your attached image above helped me getting to the correct page to edit my signature 👍

On 8/21/2018 at 9:37 AM, Elna57 said:

@acmac There is no other way that we know of... once you receive your receipt and your reference number, you sit back and sort out everything back in SA. At least 3 years time to do that in our case. (And even then we overlooked some stuff.) 😆 

Good luck.

Thank you so much Elna. My parents are back in SA just waiting for this visa to now come through, which, if we go by the 3 year prediction, should come through by September 2018. When you mentioned "sit back and sort out everything back in SA", did you just mean wait for visa to come through. We wouldn't be able to sort out the medicals, police clearance, or AOS just yet right...we only do that once the CO contacts us again?

• Like 1

@acmac. Indeed you can not do medicals etc before receiving the request to do so, No, I meant, cancel Telkom, getting one's affairs in SA in order : selling of property, power of attorney at banks, etc. For me, just to get rid of stuff which I didn't want to bring to Aus, in itself was a three year job. 🤣 

• Like 1

Hello there

I have quick few questions

-how much income as assuree required to support 2 adults for AOS approval.

-and what kind of questions Centrelink ask during phone interview 

pls reply

• Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 3:11 PM, jay27 said:

SKB 

I'm in UK and on another forum for frustrated 143 visa applicants but have been following this forum for a while too.

If this link works, it may well help with your query

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/60

Thank you 

• Like 1

@SKB. As far as I know, they just want to ensure that you are aware of the responsibilities regarding AOS. The fact that you will be responsible for any payments to your Assurees via Centrelink which are to be deducted from the AOS and once the AOS has been used up, you will have to personally pay any amounts due. Those kind of questions just to ensure that you are aware of the gravity of being the Assurer. 

That is just my interpretation of the process and type of questions you will be required to answer. I am no expert but do understand that it is a huge responsibility to be an Assurer. 

Good luck with your process.

Edited by Elna57
Added sentence

HI All

Some good news, just saw that the Processing times is now 41 / 44 months compared to the 49 / 55 months seen last month.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JIG said:

Hi Guys

No news from anybody yet? Onthemove????

Hi @JIG  afraid nothing new to report 😞  time seems to be standing still especially with 30 days to go until IMMI’s processing date moves up to meet my lodgement date.  Can time move any slower? 

• Like 1

I was hoping IMMI processing date (25 May 2015) was when you got your case officer not actual visa allocation.

@JIG alas, no such luck 😥 

I shall update as soon as I hear anything of a case officer being assigned to my case and/or the 2nd VAC request. 

• Sad 1

Yippee .... latest update to my test email:

·        OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143 and 173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including (but not limited to) an Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 3 June 2015.   🙌:ilikeit:

21 days until my lodgement date is reached !!!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Onthemove said:

Yippee .... latest update to my test email:

·        OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143 and 173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including (but not limited to) an Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 3 June 2015.   🙌:ilikeit:

21 days until my lodgement date is reached !!!

almost there 👍 I've tried sending the test email to the email addresses I have and no response (parents@homeaffairs.gov.au). What email address are you sending it to?

@acmac

I use the same email address : parents@homeaffairs.gov.au

Thought I'd do some testing - on Monday (03/9/18) I sent a test email - NO REPLY (this has almost become the norm)

On Tuesday (04/9/18), I sent a full email with personal details - the AutoRespone stated they're processing up to/incl 03 June 2015 (see my previous post)

So much for regular updates.....very confusing and frustrating.  Makes one feel like a mushroom 🍄(growing in the dark) lol

Hope this insight helps ☺️

Edited by Onthemove
edited
  • Like 2

Just got an automatic reply after putting something else other than "test" in subject and it mentioned they're processing up to and including 3 June 2015.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, acmac said:

Just got an automatic reply after putting something else other than "test" in subject and it mentioned they're processing up to and including 3 June 2015.

@acmac

That is correct - exactly what my auto reply said as well.  I surmise these aren't updated too often, certainly not daily.

Good luck going forward.

Edited by Onthemove
edited
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Onthemove said:

@acmac

I use the same email address : parents@homeaffairs.gov.au

Thought I'd do some testing - on Monday (03/9/18) I sent a test email - NO REPLY (this has almost become the norm)

On Tuesday (04/9/18), I sent a full email with personal details - the AutoRespone stated they're processing up to/incl 03 June 2015 (see my previous post)

So much for regular updates.....very confusing and frustrating.  Makes one feel like a mushroom 🍄(growing in the dark) lol

Hope this insight helps ☺️

Have noticed that they will reply a number of times then your mail address is blocked until they change the standard reply.  

What I have done is use different senders addresses, each one is eventually blocked until the message changes. Sadly it does not change the response, if you receive no reply use the last message. Nothing has changed, took me a while to work out how the process operated. 

We we are in the queue....

• Like 2

Hi Roomies.

Just checking in to see if all is well. 

@Onthemove . You are doing good there Mate! Hope to hear the visa bells ringing soon. 😆

• Like 1

On 8/29/2018 at 8:56 PM, JIG said:

I was hoping IMMI processing date (25 May 2015) was when you got your case officer not actual visa allocation.

@JIG I think those updates are actually referring to the actual month/dates that they are busy processing at the date you send your email. BUT, some cases are more complicated than others, or perhaps some info was incomplete orinsufficient.. (so each individual case will be handled according to it's own requirements to be met) . So, I think that if a case is quite straight forward and everything is done quickly and correctly, that some visas, although not in exactly the same manner, time frame etc. will be granted before others within the processing month/date mentioned in the auto reply. The more complicated/ incomplete  cases will naturally take longer to process.