Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

There has been some movement in the other Parent Visa categories (Temporary and Non-contributory).

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2018 at 10:49 PM, RYLC said:

From current calculations you’ll be lucky to even have been contacted for medicals etc by then unfortunately. And anecdotally the AoS is taking around 5-6 months to process before visa is granted. So even Christmas 2019 would be optimistic. 

Luckily I am on 173 so I don't have to go through AOS delays which comes before Medical and Police checks. 

9 minutes ago, Maz said:

Luckily I am on 173 so I don't have to go through AOS delays which comes before Medical and Police checks. 

Thats great news for you then 😊

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Onthemove said:

Without a doubt. Just 12 days away from my lodgement date and ever so far from being assessed (may as well be sitting on Mars) - at this rate I'll need to redo my medical and PCC, but do they care? Nooooo...disappointing and demoralizing.

I feel you.

me 4 days away.

4 days away of lodgement could be 4 months away of waiting. I wish I could have lodged it 4 days earlier. 

My parents and bro s medicals expired. I hope they will not make us redo it. Otherwise nearly a thousand dolar medical fees for 3 flushed down the toilet. 

Looking at the email they sent us:

“Applicants should also be aware that for our purposes medical examinations and police certificates have a validity of only 12 months, and depending on the results of some medical examinations this validity is only for 6 months. We anticipate that by requesting these now there will be sufficient time for processing the application and visa grant – assuming all requirements are met – and for the applicant(s) to then arrive in Australia within these validity timeframes, but it is up to the applicant to choose whether to proceed now to prepare these documents or to wait until their case is allocated to a case officer for assessment.”

They should really change this sentence in the email.

We anticipate that by requesting these now there will be sufficient time for processing the application and visa grant”.  

Anyway, depends on the result of your medical, it could be a 12month validity.

After all of that, the good thing is it is still moving and we will get there   eventually.

• Like 1

@Viet  thanks - fingers crossed for a speed burst on the processing - do hope everything works out well for you. Good luck 🍀 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Onthemove said:

Hello fellow roomies,

Well, blow me down, this response from today's email to PVC :  1 day's progress  - just want to cry......😭😭

·        OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143 and 173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including (but not limited to) an Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 12 June 2015.

That's shocking, it takes a month to process 1 day worth of 143 applications. Wake up immi

Kev

• Like 1

Hi All, 

We submitted my Dad's 143 Application in April this year. At the time of submitting, we didnt have his original marriage certificate to certify (only a photocopy which we sent with the application). We didnt want to delay submitting the application until we got the original marriage certificate.

Well we got the original marriage certificate back and I want to send PVC the certified copy.

Do you know where we send this too?

Thanks,

Robbie

Edited by Robbie_P

On 10/17/2018 at 7:51 AM, Robbie_P said:

Hi All, 

We submitted my Dad's 143 Application in April this year. At the time of submitting, we didnt have his original marriage certificate to certify (only a photocopy which we sent with the application). We didnt want to delay submitting the application until we got the original marriage certificate.

Well we got the original marriage certificate back and I want to send PVC the certified copy.

Do you know where we send this too?

Thanks,

Robbie

I would keep the document ready and wait until the application assigned to a case officer. If they are not satisfied with the photocopy they can always contact and request for the original . Then you can send it directly to the person who processing your application rather than going through admin who currently swimming in hundreds of thousands of applications.

Edited by Viet

Hello all,

I have got a case officer

I received a email from PVC team 1 request for addtional documents and 2nd instalment.

@onthemove : hope you are also in this batch and received the email as well

1 hour ago, Viet said:

Hello all,

I received a email from PVC team 1 request for addtional documents and 2nd instalment.

Great news, very happy for you. I’m certain you’ll  be with your family by Christmas 😄 👍

I too  hope to hear soon, though there are still 12 days to go before PVC processing gets to my lodgement date — not holding my breath 🤨

4 hours ago, Viet said:

Hello all,

Hi thats great news - good to know there is some movement. What is your lodgement date?

17 hours ago, Onthemove said:

Great news, very happy for you. I’m certain you’ll  be with your family by Christmas 😄 👍

I too  hope to hear soon, though there are still 12 days to go before PVC processing gets to my lodgement date — not holding my breath 🤨

Thanks. It could be sooner than you expected. 

14 hours ago, Maz said:

Hi thats great news - good to know there is some movement. What is your lodgement date?

Its 16/06/2015,  its been 40 months and 7 days

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KevinLee said:

Congrats @Viet, did you lodge on 12/06/2015 or 16/06/2015?

Kev

Thanks KevinLee. Youre actually right. I lodged on 12/06/2015. All these years I look at the ack letter dated 16/06/2015 by mistake. Silly me 😄😄😄

@Viet. Congrats.

So good to see some movement again.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Viet said:

Thanks KevinLee. Youre actually right. I lodged on 12/06/2015. All these years I look at the ack letter dated 16/06/2015 by mistake. Silly me 😄😄😄

Congrats again @Viet, I hope your 143 visa will be granted soon.

Kev

• Like 1

IMMI please start asking July/August-2015 lodgers to prepare further documents, the silence from their end is killing us.

Kev

• Like 1

IMMI has stopped asking 143 applicants to prepare further documents since June this year, what's going on??? Really disappointed with lack of communication from IMMI.

Kev

Edited by KevinLee
x

2 hours ago, KevinLee said:

IMMI has stopped asking 143 applicants to prepare further documents since June this year,

There are only a minuscule number of 143 applicants out of the total number of 143 applications on this forum so I’m not sure how you can say they have stopped. I get that the waiting is frustrating but everybody is in the same boat. Your turn will come. 

@RYLC, I know it based on a various sources. There is only 1-2 143 applicants have been invited to provide further documents since June until now, a majority of June-2018 applicants have received their invitation between 01/2018 and 05/2018.

Kev

We have started our long wait.  Submitted our application for CPV 143 this week, and they acknowledged they got it. Seems like we in for 4 to 5 years wait.

• Like 1

Posting in here as it is of interest to processing times. 

This new pathway for the 405/410 visa holders that will be processed within the Parent visa streams is to open shortly.

The pathway provides the options of applying for a 103 or 143 Parent visa. 

The Department states that they 'will implement the Pathway in a way that minimises the impact on the Parent and Contributory Parent visa programs. Pathway places will be gradually allocated over a number of years starting in 2018-19 and will not affect the overall number of Parent and Contributory Parent places in the annual migration program. As the number of potential Pathway applicants is small, this is not expected to have a noticeable impact on existing Parent and Contributory Parent visa applicants.'

and

NB this relates to the 405/410 pathway 'Within these Parent category places, a small number of places will be allocated to the Pathway. Pathway places will be allocated over a number of years starting in 2018-19.' '... with no allocation of Parent (subclass 103) Pathway places for grant in at least the first four years of the program. '