Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

I am also pleased to say that our visa was also GRANTED TODAY.😉

We are departing Cape Town to Perth  this afternoon.. The department really helped us a lot.Saves us having to exit Aus  to Bali !!!

Thanks everybody for all the advice and "experiences" you shared.It truly helped me a lot.

Thanks @Elna57 for starting this forum.

I shall keep in touch.

• Like 4

Congratulations Elza and DGT - well done the long tough journey is at last over. Now you start a new journey in your life - best wishes for the future

23 minutes ago, DGT said:

We are departing Cape Town to Perth  this afternoon.. The department really helped us a lot.Saves us having to exit Aus  to Bali !!!

Thanks everybody for all the advice and "experiences" you shared.It truly helped me a lot.

I shall keep in touch.

@DGT. I am so happy for you! Congrats and bon voyage mate! Phew. That was a close call eh?

@Onthemove and @JTNSoon!! 👀

Edited by Elna57
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, DGT said:

I shall keep in touch.

Wonderful news @DGT !   Lol, Cutting it very fine mate, using a very sharp blade, hey? 😉

Safe flight across the pond; everything of the best. 

1 hour ago, JTN said:

Congratulations Elza and DGT - well done the long tough journey is at last over. Now you start a new journey in your life - best wishes for the future

Thanks very much @JTN

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Elna57 said:

@DGT. I am so happy for you! Congrats and bon voyage mate! Phew. That was a close call eh?

Thanks @Elna57. Yes it was very close.Checked my mail every 2 hours last night.!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Onthemove said:

Wonderful news @DGT !   Lol, Cutting it very fine mate, using a very sharp blade, hey? 😉

Safe flight across the pond; everything of the best. 

Thanks @Onthemove..Yes,I must admit I did not plan it that way. There were flight tickets on SAA going at less 75 % about a month ago,but without any changes allowed.

so I had to choose dept and return dates!!

How lucky can one get!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, DGT said:

Thanks @Onthemove..Yes,I must admit I did not plan it that way. There were flight tickets on SAA going at less 75 % about a month ago,but without any changes allowed.

so I had to choose dept and return dates!!

How lucky can one get!

@DGT

Classic !  Great when a plan comes together....good luck for the future. 😀

• Like 1

@Elza Congratulations! At last the waiting and stress is over

@DGT Wow, that was cutting it fine! Congratulations!! So glad it worked out in time. I know all too well what you went through, but like I said they are very accommodating at this time of the process. 

Enjoy your new life in Aus. We certainly do :)

• Thanks 1

@DGT @Onthemove @Dirkz @Elna57 @JTN

Today is the best day of my life, the start of a new life and dream!! After 41 months of waiting, envolving sad days, frustrated days, excited day, angry  days, just about every emotion a human could feel I am so very very please that my wait is finally over. In the early hours of this morning whilst it was still dark, the birds were still sleeping my phone rang... On the other end was my son asking me what my plan was for the day.... I didn't quite make sense in what I said in my reply, suddenly I'm  like, " why you phoning so early son, is everything ok?" He reply "mom! Did you not listen to what I said, you visa is through, it's, been approved!!" Well, I dropped the phoned and in trying to catch it somehow also burst out into a mixture of laughter and crying..... I could just hear my son laughing as he knew just what was going on on my side of the phone, I think he set me up Just to have his little bit of fun. 

Thank you everyone for the congrats and well wishes, you all, each and everyone of you have played a role in my journey, given me advice, hope and understanding through these long 41 months, especially  @Elna57, who became my sounding board, advisor and friend. You are all fantastic, I wish you all well, congrats for the visas that have come through and good luck for those waiting!!

I will finally be touching down in Perth on Friday morning!! Will make contact again once I'm on the other side and settling in!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Dear @Elza

So very happy and excited for you - your long wait is finally rewarded with the much yearned for visa!   I wish you everything of the best for the new life in Perth; enjoy each moment - good luck 🍀 and safe landings. 

• Like 1

@Elza. I am so very happy for you!! Enjoy every second of the trip and your new life. Thanks for all your love and support. 

Please stay in touch buddy.

• Like 1

So ,yesterday we landed in Perth.

What a relief when I reconfirmed with the Officer at Passport Control that he actually SEES a 143 Visa and not the Visitors Visa !!

Very definitely worth the  (very) long 39 months.

• Like 2

@DGT Welcome to Australia! 

Now just to sort out your drivers license, banking, Medicare and start adapting and enjoying your life in this lovely first world country.

All the best !

Thanks very much  @Dirkz..Thanks also for your valuable info over the past years.

Luckily my Banking was sorted a while back. This helps a lot toward the 100 points one needs for their "FICA".before we can exchange the SA one for the  Aus one  , without having to do a "passing out" again.

I understand that A Bank statement with my Aus address on it  counts quite a lot for the "Proof of address in Aus". Plus our Passports and we should be OK.?

I understand that we have 3 months in which to obtain the 100 points ?

We really don"t feel like passing out for a drivers again!!

Hi, I have lodged 143 visa application in October 2015, has anyone an idea as of when immi will first pick it up and make contact for police checks, medicals etc.. As well as I have included my Brother (age 24) in visa file as a dependent applicant and he is in Australia pursuing his masters on full-time bases. So will he be eligible for the visa? as they have changed the age criteria and if he then does he has to go back to the native country while the decision is made? He is working part-time on TFN will it affect him or my parent's visa?

Thank you for any replies

@Elna57 @DGT

Edited by Jignesh

I am also October 2015, my guesstimate is we have another three months to wait before we are contacted. 

Willing to bet 1 ZAR. 

• Like 1

@Ike I've monitored progress v closely and reckon an accurate estimate is to take your application date, subtract the current processing date which will give you how many days they are away from your application date. Now multiply that by 0.49 & add that number to the number of days. This total number of days added to the current processing date (currently 5 May 2015)  will give an estimated date. The 0.49 varies slightly but is the average over the last couple of years. Trust it works out to what you are hoping for 😉

Was born in Benoni 😏:  think you must factor in seasonal trends. We are now in peak visa season, just come out of the dry, very dry period.  

Hey hey hey!!!! Finally, I'm at the airport flying out tonight to Perth!!!

Wow!! The longest 41 months of my life!!!

Terribly sad saying good bye to all my family and friends. A mixture of excited, sad, scared, happy all wrapped up in a bow!!

Wishing all still in the waiting room best of luck and speedy visa results!!! 

Anyone in it going to Perth please let's make contact okay!!!

• Like 4