Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

So today (3rd May) marks the day for medicals done and dusted as well as AoS submission.  Yay !

May the next 3-4 months pass without any hitch.

Everything possible crossed :ilikeit:

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Elza said:

So today I finally got the news!

The long awaited letter of AoS approval has been received by my son and forwarded to my case officer, immigration, agent and myself! ( my whole world thats important right now)

Yay!! One less step, and a little closer to the finish line!!

@Elza

Great news.No more hurdles.Just the short distance to the finishing line for you.:D

• Thanks 1

I received a (very )early phone call from my jubilant Son in Law this morning.

He had just received the phone call from CentreLink regarding our AOS application (which was lodged on 13 October 2017)....6 months ago.

All is in order with his application .

The request to arrange for the AUD 14 000 Guarantee ,with COMMBank, will be sent to his MYGOV Account  in the next few days. 

:D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DGT said:

I received a (very )early phone call from my jubilant Son in Law this morning.

He had just received the phone call from CentreLink regarding our AOS application (which was lodged on 13 October 2017)....6 months ago.

All is in order with his application .

The request to arrange for the AUD 14 000 Guarantee ,with COMMBank, will be sent to his MYGOV Account  in the next few days. 

:D

@DGT   Super huge congrats!!  Finally time to celebrate positive news.  Have one for me :)

Hello to those who've been through the AoS application process

Would deeply appreciate advice given - please :) 

My son linked his Centrelink to his myGov Account, but at this stage, it doesn't show any pending applications. 

Does the pending application appear in his myGov linked Centrelink Account?  If yes, would this take a few days/weeks?

Or should one wait a few days and maybe manually reload the AoS application (but this might just confuse the system, which is best avoided, me thinks)

Hope to hear soon :unsure:

Just received latest progress update:

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 30 April 2015"

29 minutes ago, Onthemove said:

My son linked his Centrelink to his myGov Account, but at this stage, it doesn't show any pending applications. 

Does the pending application appear in his myGov linked Centrelink Account?  If yes, would this take a few days/weeks?

Or should one wait a few days and maybe manually reload the AoS application (but this might just confuse the system, which is best avoided, me thinks)

@Onthemove

I dont know how the MyGov account works in practice. 

My son submitted a copy by hand at a Centrelink Branch. Extremely efficient and helpful .They loaded it for him while he waited......A Month later they could not find it on their system.

My advice is:

1)Let your son personally visit Centrelink, say 2 weeks after he loaded your application, if he cant find it on his account.

Ask them to see whether they can see it on their system.

2)If they can see it, get them to print a copy from their computer.Perhaps they can also show you how to see it on your own computer.

Keep the copy they printed so you can prove to them later that you actually  did apply ,should it disappear again.

I am aware that we are requested not to esquire into the progress of our AOS application and that they are flooded with applications.

However ,the worst scenario is when one hears nothing for months and yet,in your heart  you know/suspect there is probably a fault somewhere.!

At the very least one needs to know that you are in fact  (still) on their system. Surely we are not unreasonable to esquire whether it is still on the system.

That was 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DGT said:

@Onthemove

I dont know how the MyGov account works in practice. 

My son submitted a copy by hand at a Centrelink Branch. Extremely efficient and helpful .They loaded it for him while he waited......A Month later they could not find it on their system.

My advice is:

1)Let your son personally visit Centrelink, say 2 weeks after he loaded your application, if he cant find it on his account.

Ask them to see whether they can see it on their system.

2)If they can see it, get them to print a copy from their computer.Perhaps they can also show you how to see it on your own computer.

Keep the copy they printed so you can prove to them later that you actually  did apply ,should it disappear again.

I am aware that we are requested not to esquire into the progress of our AOS application and that they are flooded with applications.

However ,the worst scenario is when one hears nothing for months and yet,in your heart  you know/suspect there is probably a fault somewhere.!

At the very least one needs to know that you are in fact  (still) on their system. Surely we are not unreasonable to esquire whether it is still on the system.

@DGT  Noted  :ilikeit:  THANK YOU ever so much. 

This is me so far

30/3/2018 email from PVC team 1 

05/04/2018

submit the AOS application Online (estimated time of completion show 18/05/2018 on mygov account)

07/04/2018 (yes they work on Saturday)

phone call from centrelink rejected the application due to new change.

Manage to amend the application to for 1 only (dad) and provisional approved

09/04/2018

medical done for all 3 (dad mom and brother)

13/04/2018

Cousin lodge paper AOS application for my mom and brother at a Sydney service centre

18/04/2018

Phone interview and cousin’s AOS application is provisional approved

24/04/2018

overseas police clearance done

27/4/2018

letter asking for $10000 bank guarantee for dad

30/4/2014

open $10000 term deposit at Commonwealth bank and receive bank guarantee receipt.

1/5/2018

bring the receipt to service centre and they took a copy and said they would send it to the head office

upload the bank guarantee receipt on to mygov (just to make sure as friends said their documents got misplaced and never uploaded on the system)

02/05/2018

overseas police clearance translation done

05/05/2018

Still waiting for letter to cousin asking for $14000  mom and brother bank guarantee

Still waiting for a letter or email from centrelink confirming AOS for dad has been fully approved and sent to DHA

• Like 1

@Viet  well done on getting the AoS sorted - wishing you a smooth sailing going forward 

• Thanks 1

On 01/05/2018 at 11:55 AM, TeeTMI said:

Just to add a news article on this - sounds as if it is to be raised in senate next week. 
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/greens-vow-to-torpedo-government-s-punitive-parent-visa-hike

Thank you so much for your input @TeeTMI. Nice to have an agent's insight as well.

10 hours ago, Onthemove said:

@Onthemove

In our case, upon enquiry, we were also told that my son should see everything on his Mygov but to this very day there is absolutely nothing. Centrelink however did tell us that same day, that the letter shows on their system and that my son could go in and collect a printout which he did straight away. He works quite nearby. 

I have to say, I can not see how enquiries made at the local centrelink office can have a negative effect since the local office can only see what has been uploaded onto the system by the special Centrelink AOS centre somewhere in Aus. (I learnt this when I recently went in to do enquiries for a friend re the process.) I guess we could call them our Centrelink PV team.

Murphy had a hand in our pie again because the very next day, the letter was delivered to my son's home address.! We saved exactly one day by doing our enquiry 😂 but as you all know, when that stage is reached, ANY news is good. Just to actually KNOW that something is happening, helps a lot. 

The rest of the process was smooth sailing. After submission of the printout to PVC team we received our request for 2nd VAC within 2 days and paid yet again straight away and booked our flights to Fiji of which we informed and sent our itenarary together with the bank guarantee to PVC team 1. Our visas were granted 3 days after we left for Fiji.

In my opinion, no two PVC team members or AOS PV team members can process documents in the same manner because all of our cases are totally different. I guess there are straight forward cases and then the time consuming ones and sometimes the straight forward case gets "held back" by some of the complicated ones which is unfortunate but we need to understand and take into consideration when we feel that our case is not being treated or handled in the manner that we expected. (Saying that now after visa approval is easy but whilst waiting to hear from AOS and PVC, it feels as if time is standing still.) 😯

I guess, when one does everything required straight away and I mean within the hour after receiving instructions also helps a lot. Before the file can leave the desk, the documents are there already. 😂

All this is purely assumption and we will probably never know how the different officers and processes really happen. However, we can all rest assured that we will all eventually get our turn. 

Nothing trumps being in the same country as one's children. It is such an experience to spend time with them again after so many years of short visits.

Prepare yourselves though, that young man who left SA 6 or more years ago with his 2 little suitcases and passport will have changed a lot and does not need his parents much any more. He will treat you as if you are his responsibilty now. The child will have become the parent. It feels really strange but kind of nice as well, knowing that they care so much.

• Thanks 1

@Viet. Oh wow. Well done on sorting things out so fast and hope the rest of the AOS in Sydney goes smoothly for you as well. 

Kindly share your AOS dilemma and how Centrelink guided you through the process in more detail for those who are or will be in the same position somewhere along the line. Especially how the new legislation changed your whole situation, I think will be very useful to others. 

Good luck and please keep us updated.

Where are your parents heading in Australia?

Edited by Elna57
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@DGT

I agree with your advice there. 

• Like 1

How do you all feel about a new thread? "Life in Australia after the CPV 143 Visa grant." where we can share experiences on how to do drivers licence conversions, deal with enquiries or experiences or just share information about entering the workforce etc.?

Discuss and support each other after emigration from SA?

Everything here is different and it is quite a shock for older people to adjust to life over here.

Each State is different. 

What it is like going for a job interview at our age. Blisters on the feet because we were so spoilt back in SA with our cleaning ladies, gardeners and cars.

Oh boy.... this could be quite the funny thread to go to for a good chuckle. 

Edited by Elna57
Added sentence

@Elna57   Thank you for your feedback to my AoS questions and comforting words.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elna57 said:

How do you all feel about a new thread? "Life in Australia after the CPV 143 Visa grant." where we can share experiences on how to do drivers licence conversions, deal with enquiries or experiences or just share information about entering the workforce etc.?

Discuss and support each other after emigration from SA?

Everything here is different and it is quite a shock for older people to adjust to life over here.

Each State is different. 

What it is like going for a job interview at our age. Blisters on the feet because we were so spoilt back in SA with our cleaning ladies, gardeners and cars.

Oh boy.... this could be quite the funny thread to go to for a good chuckle. 

@Elna what a great idea. Will be a while before I get there but would love to read the posts

• Like 1

@Viet

WOW ! Your AOS application has gone amazingly smooth and quick.  (I think some of us are going to offer pay you to do their applications for them :D )

Well done and I wish you and yours all the best with the rest of your journey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Elna57 said:

The rest of the process was smooth sailing. After submission of the printout to PVC team we received our request for 2nd VAC within 2 days and paid yet again straight away and booked our flights to Fiji of which we informed and sent our itenarary together with the bank guarantee to PVC team 1. Our visas were granted 3 days after we left for Fiji.

@Elna57..... my son received the letter on email 2.00 in the morning!!  He then sent it to our agent who sent it off to the PVC team on 3rd May, which was a my 39 months submission anniversary..... So hopefully, if similar to your process times, we should get the 2nd VAC request early next week, payment mid week and ...... visa by Friday!!  Fingers,  toes, arms and legs and anything else thats long and flexible  and can be crossedare the whole week for just one part of the process for me to run smoothly........

• Like 1

Hi, I have been on the sideline for a while.

My parents in law lodged their application on 30/06/2015.

On Friday 04/05/2018 they received their Invitation to Commence Document Preparation - Parent Visa Application.

Police Check carried out 05/05/2018

Medicals to be carried out next week in Johannesburg.

AOS to be carried out next week.

At least looks like this process is moving again.

• Like 1

@Diveup. Welcome and best wishes for speedy visa grants.

4 hours ago, Elza said:

@Elna57..... my son received the letter on email 2.00 in the morning!!  He then sent it to our agent who sent it off to the PVC team on 3rd May, which was a my 39 months submission anniversary..... So hopefully, if similar to your process times, we should get the 2nd VAC request early next week, payment mid week and ...... visa by Friday!!  Fingers,  toes, arms and legs and anything else thats long and flexible  and can be crossedare the whole week for just one part of the process for me to run smoothly........

Fantastic news buddy!! I am so happy for you.! Happy dancing on the balcony going on here. Wish you were here to see this. Hahahahaha.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SueP said:

@Elna what a great idea. Will be a while before I get there but would love to read the posts

@SueP. And once you get here share some of your own experiences I hope. Sometimes it is hard to, in the moment, see the humour in the situation, but later on... upon reflection it can be so freaking funny😂. Like uncle insisting that his motorbike licence gets added onto his drivers licence. Ok. That could come in quite handy if he was considering doing Ubereats or some kind of Deliveroo rounds, but for anything else, over my dead body!.

Edited by Elna57
Added sentence
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Elna57 said:

Happy dancing on the balcony going on here. Wish you were here to see this. Hahahahaha.

@Elna57..... you have made me laugh so much !😂😂😂 l wish I was there to see, have a little wine celebration!! Ha ha!!!!

• Haha 1