189's lodged August/September 2015

wallyengles

@Chips. Will do. I phoned this morning at 06:30 but their offices were closed. I will try tomorrow at about 0600

Or perhaps set an alarm for 2 am the earlier the better.

• Like 1

That proof of a lasting relationship for a couple that is married? Do you think they did not get your Marriage certificate, or that the date is too close to the visa application? Has anyone else had that?

• Like 1

Yea if anyone has had to submit proof of their relationship even though they are married please shout.

Just an update......I rang up DIBP this morning and the lovely lady said that I must just be patient?. ....But unfortunately, she also said that it can take another 3 months from the date of first contact with VPO/request for extra docs! VPO asigned 28 September. ...

But I choose to believe that it will take 3 months from my day of lodgement which was 11 August! !!!!!!

• Like 2

@Granville, you and I are in this together. Lodged 7 August!!!!

I didnt think I could get more impatient, I was wrong. :(

• Like 2

3 months from VPO assignment that would be torture am with you Granville will wait for the 3 months from lodgement. Hopefully the grants will come before then

@Granville, @Sassyninja and @Chips

Hang in there guys. Waiting is really the hardest part but that moment when you get your golden ticket is priceless.

Holding thumbs that you will get your visas soon.

Edited by Peanuts
  • Like 2

Hi Guys

CO assigned today :ilikeit:

Just the PCC's to wait for. Hopefully they will be ready this week.

• Like 3

Awesome Yuvi! After weeks of complaining, my husband's UBC finally arrived. Thanks RedPanda and the rest for the shoulder to cry on ?

• Like 2

@Granville, you and I are in this together. Lodged 7 August!!!!

I didnt think I could get more impatient, I was wrong. :(

Ours was lodged on 17/8 and CO assigned on the 2/10, medicals and PCC all done .. looks like we joining your waiting game group too .. :unsure:

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I posted the following in another thread but I thought I'd post it here since this thread is more active:

Hi everyone, thanks for this thread. We are in the process of getting our 189 visas but the case officer wants us to prove that our relationship is genuine (we are married). So it's a bit of a speed bump but will obviously need to submit some documents soon.

My question: we are newly wed and young so we don't have wills (can we organize one now and submit or is that suspicious?) but we do have a pre nup (is this good evidence?). I have also allocated my pension and all of that to him should I pass. We do not own property or rent since our accommodation is paid for by his employer so can I get the land lord to write a letter stating this? We also don't have a joint bank account :(

We unfortunately aren't the type of people to record every single moment of our lives so our social lives are difficult to prove on paper.

Also, we had a very small wedding (attended by only his and my parents) so things like wedding photos and wedding bills are limited. It was our personal choice to have a wedding like this and the rest of the family understood and respected that and they all recognize and support our union.

Can someone please give me some tips? I'm running out of "proofs".

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

I dunno if getting affidavits from friends and family would be any help? Stating how long they have known you, and how long they have known that you are a couple, and that your relationship appears genuine to them. Has anyone done this?

• Like 1

@Odendaal, is it possible for you to add emails or "love letters" or anything of that sort that may have dates on them? I really cant understand why you would need to prove your relationship if you are married. How long have you been married?

Alternatively, email and ask what proof you are required to supply?? I definitely think the affidavit from the land lord may help?

Is there any large purchases where you both may have signed for?

I also see that on the visa app, there is a tab to add "proof of relationship" under your spouse and for myself I can add proof of marriage, I am the main applicant. Maybe its just how the doc is added...and lastly, maybe PM one of the agents in the group and find out if they can provide some assistance.

I hope its not toooo complicated, all the best!

Hey guys,

TashyL, yea I've already started compiling and gathering information and proof. On my portal, there was only an option under my husband's section to add proof of relationship and this was where I attached the marriage certificate (I am the main applicant). There isn't a place for me to add a marriage certificate under my section on the portal. Also, I've contacted an agent, I hope he can shed some light.

Granville, I'm not sure if they won't accept it or if the are just being difficult and want me to provide proof of our genuine relationship.

Also, we got married in April 2015 and we lodged in September so I hardly think it's suspicious? We did however write the IELTS in February?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it and the CO is just doing her job.

Edit: Do you think it's a good idea to pop her a mail and ask whether it's necessary to provide this information since we are married?

Edited by Odendaal

@Odendaal - have you perhaps got joint accounts or loans in both names?

@

MerlinZA

Welcome to the 'waiting' crew! Where 'patience' has lost its meaning.

• Like 1

Odendaal, are you sure it's not a case where they're asking for something they seemingly already have? ie. your marriage certificate.

I've seen a few instances where people upload things like medicals, skills assessments, etc. and then get asked for it by the CO again anyway.

For interest's sake, we got married on 24/09 and lodged on 25/09 and only got asked for PCC by our CO.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I'm going to email the case officer tonight to ask about this issue.

According to an agent that I contacted, it is strange that they've asked for this proof so will see what the CO says. But I'll collect as much information in the mean time.

• Like 1

@Odendaal. ...Maybe phoning them is better? My VPO does not respond to any emails. .....I am sure they just missed it. I eg uploaded my wife's IELTS results with the rest of our docs....but my VPO still requested it...

Yea well I submitted our PCC's and it was also requested again. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Thanks for the support!

I'm starting to think it's just a 'lost your form' kind of request. I hope so. But it does seem more likely than them not accepting a marriage certificate.

All the best.

• Like 1

I emailed this:

Dear xxx,

Prior to sending the information requested, can I confirm that the following information will suffice regarding "Evidence of your relationship with your spouse"
Am I correct to think that a certified copy of our marriage certificate would suffice?
or
Do I require one of each of the following bullet points?
  • Financial aspects of your relationship
  • The nature of your household
  • Social aspect of your relation ship
  • The nature of commitment to each other
Thank you for the feedback.
Kind regards
Let's see.....
  • Like 2

Well written Odendaal. Holding thumbs for you.

So its 3 months (in 2 days) from lodging and 24 days since VPO.

Getting very despondent, our agent says all we can do is wait. #thisisthetestoftime

Edited by Sassyninja
  • Like 1