189's lodged August/September 2015

wallyengles

Hi, that is a big decision. Most of us here are going for the Australia VISA so not sure about other countries.

What I would recommend is to see if their applications are all online. If so it should be easy enough to do it yourself. But we are using an agent and if I knew about this forum for Australia earlier we would have skipped the agent.

Best of luck with your decision.

PS Australia also want electricians if I'm not mistaken

Any invites this morning????

Feeling very disappointed and sorry for myself this morning. I had convinced myself we would definitely get our invite this time around....I was wrong! We are in for another agonizing 2 week wait...possibly longer :cry:

Hi, that is a big decision. Most of us here are going for the Australia VISA so not sure about other countries.

What I would recommend is to see if their applications are all online. If so it should be easy enough to do it yourself. But we are using an agent and if I knew about this forum for Australia earlier we would have skipped the agent.

Best of luck with your decision.

PS Australia also want electricians if I'm not mistaken

Any invites this morning????

Thank you we wanted to go to Australia because one of our friends is live there...

Maybe we can actually imigrate to Ausie .. it was our first option.. bud people said it was difficult... hehe

Thanks for the advice

Good day :unsure:

We also didn't receive a invitation this time around, Feeling VERY negative, Really feels like we have been struggling from the start!!!

Waiting ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it the name of the game.

:D:D:D:D Congratulating to everyone who have received there invites and Visas. The Good news keeps us positive. :D:D :D :D

Wow this is so strange, no one on here have received an invite.

I'm so sorry guys. :-(

@TashyL, I applied for Queensland. Could not really see what the minimum criteria for points are for Queensland??. For my skill (Systems Engineering/Developing), it looked like the requirement was 60, which was easy.

@All Does not seem like anyone got invites so far, so stay positive. Maybe some delay... ;)

According to our Agent they only received one invitation yesterday, and that they are not sure what is going on with the invitation rounds at this stage.

Does anyone here know when the next invitation rounds be will?

Edited by Hanliedb

TashyL thats a very quick turnaround.Funny enough i was actually thinking of posting how many people who applied under the 190 for NSW got ITAs and what professions. with what i see now on the random dates, there is no idea.

Sadly we didnt get an invite either although kind of expected it with 65 points:( for the 189 but get extra 5 points for the 190 NSW state selection.

Sorry to everybody else who also didnt get invites

• Like 1

Sweetpea, the one good thing about the 190 process is you can expect an invite at any time. I also see theey have already started inviting 65 pointers, so you invite should be coming soon. All the best to everyone still waiting.

Visa Lodged today and got my sms from SAPS, PCC's received. Is there anyone else who is lodging or has lodged recently?

Good day to all, playing the "waiting game" AND to all the other people reading this post.

I have been following this forum and this post for a couple of months and decide to join last week but my application was delayed form Thursday,

Well I guess the moderator also has a life outside the forum .. Thanks for allowing me access! :blush-anim-cl: You had me worried there!!! If I cannot get into this forum how would I ever get into OZ :ilikeit:

Well back to the waiting game. I have been following the http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/ as well and according to what I read there,

the last non-quota occupation EOI (at 60 points) that received an invite in the 23 October rounds was lodged on the 16th of August.

There was also a post by a nurse that did not receive an invite, her EOI was lodged on the 17th of August also with 60 points.

It would therefore seem that the Invite cut off for non-quota base occupations at 60 points was the 16th - 17th August.

This would put my EOI in the front seats for the November round.

I just visited the SkillSelect website as well and they updated the webpage (at last :whome: ) But only with the 9 October stats. Very few 60 pointers were invited in that round.

Unfortunately they did not announce the November invitation date/s yet?

Well holding thumbs patiently until November.....

Edited by GOOD2GO

My beautiful wife had to go stand alone in a line at home affairs yesterday for her new passport.

Not at all fun for my nerves :stretcher:

Only waiting on our PCCs now. Our planned timeline at the moment is to leave before Christmas.

Hoping and praying hard that we can finalize everything before then.

How are the nerves doing with everyone else?

Our excitement is building daily...

Hi all

Just for interest sake. I read that you will soon ( as early as 1 Nov ) be able to apply for passports at your respective banks

Same cost, same forms, but at least it is not Home Affairs.

Here is the article

http://traveller24.news24.com/TravelPlanning/VisaInfo/UPDATE-What-you-need-to-know-about-new-DHA-passport-application-service-at-SA-banks-20151022

Well my nerves are not doing so great at the moment. House for sale...sleepless nights because "what if I get rejected" we spent R74800k plus all the add ons....aaaaahhh....I am trying to be optimistic, its really tough though. Our medicals will be done aroundd 15th Nov as the system is going down 21st Nov. I want all my stuff loaded by then.

TashyL, good luck, it will work out

System going down? Till when?

Edited by Eduan

TashyL, its really hard spending all the money with no guaranty.

We are at the end of our process so all money paid up and our biggest headache has been our PCC's that both came back with mistakes.

I don't think they will turn down an application so easily. Medically they are not that hectic. They just don't want people with HIV, TB and kids with disabilities (seeing an OT, speech therapist and those type of things). The only three things that will make them deny you is, a criminal record, if you are being dishonest on your documents and failing medicals.

Good luck and just know that there are a lot of us there with you.

Hi all

Just for interest sake. I read that you will soon ( as early as 1 Nov ) be able to apply for passports at your respective banks

Same cost, same forms, but at least it is not Home Affairs.

Here is the article

http://traveller24.news24.com/TravelPlanning/VisaInfo/UPDATE-What-you-need-to-know-about-new-DHA-passport-application-service-at-SA-banks-20151022

Thanks Eduan, we did make a trip to all the major bank branches in our area.

All of them said that the system is only going live next year. The 'pilot' projects seem to be internal.

It could be they are just trying to reduce a massive bottleneck in the beginning.

Either way, we didn't want to risk waiting for something we're not sure about.

Hi

I am sure this is a stupid question, but the answer is not that obvious to me.

Will you use your immi account to create the actual visa application? I do not see options for visa types 189,190, 457. Or will these options become available when you receive an invite?

:blush::blush::unsure::unsure:

My EOI is lodged, awaiting invite.

Tashy, your chances of getting rejected are super slim, just looking at all the past applications on here. I do get the waiting game and the nerves though :stretcher:

I wait for a post here almost as anxiously as I wait for a mail from our agent.

Every time someone hears something, it means we all move a bit closer.

Eduan, don't worry, it'll all be clear when you get your invitation but yes, you apply for the visa using your immi account.

Well my nerves are shot now. I am really starting to stress big time.

We are waiting for our PCC's which should be ready this week or next week and then we HOPE that we'll get a visa within the month of November. If not, I just don't know what to do.

I will then have to pay registration fees to two school for my kids which amounts to about R5k and obviously you don't get this back if they end up not attending the school. My husband and I both need to resign by mid December so that we can give a months notice, and be ready to leave by mid Jan. And I don't know if the department stops issuing visa's over December or Jan - so everything has to happen right on schedule for us to be able to stick to our plan. And not to mention the fact that we still have no jobs and no friends or family in Oz, so we don't even know where we'll be going.

I am REALLY starting to stress. Not sleeping, stomach always in a knot, waiting waiting waiting. I'm finished!!

Good day to all, playing the "waiting game" AND to all the other people reading this post.

I have been following this forum and this post for a couple of months and decide to join last week but my application was delayed form Thursday,

Well I guess the moderator also has a life outside the forum .. Thanks for allowing me access! :blush-anim-cl: You had me worried there!!! If I cannot get into this forum how would I ever get into OZ :ilikeit:

Well back to the waiting game. I have been following the http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/ as well and according to what I read there,

the last non-quota occupation EOI (at 60 points) that received an invite in the 23 October rounds was lodged on the 16th of August.

There was also a post by a nurse that did not receive an invite, her EOI was lodged on the 17th of August also with 60 points.

It would therefore seem that the Invite cut off for non-quota base occupations at 60 points was the 16th - 17th August.

This would put my EOI in the front seats for the November round.

I just visited the SkillSelect website as well and they updated the webpage (at last :whome: ) But only with the 9 October stats. Very few 60 pointers were invited in that round.

Unfortunately they did not announce the November invitation date/s yet?

Well holding thumbs patiently until November.....

Thanks for this. Some very useful info here for us still waiting on an invitation.

Looks like my application date is still far off, interested to see the cut-off date for the 23rd October round to see what date of applicants they have reached.

• Like 1

:ilikeit: Like to share info BobSA. We are all in the same boat at the same time and if we share info it will just ease those butterflies in the stomach.

What is your EOI date, for what occupation and how many points?