189's lodged August/September 2015

wallyengles

Any news on those still waiting for invites? Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

Small update for us, PCCs applied via docassist and medicals booked next week at Hatmed.

Good luck to everyone busy with the final stretch!

Hey there!

Congratulations to everyone that received invites on Friday, Unfortunately we did not get one, We are currently very disappointed , Hopefully we will receive one on the 23rd, But Learned not to get our hopes up,(Luckily) we now have a little more time to sort our all our stuff)

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Hi

We too are holding thumbs for the 23rd, after not receiving an invite this round, hang in there HanlieB! At least it's now only two weeks to wait between rounds and not a month as it previously was.

To everyone else who received invites, Congrats and all the best for lodging.

• Like 1

We went for our medicals on 8/10/2015 at Hatmed. Wasn't so bad. The doc just pokes you and weighs you etc. I asked him a few questions as well: he said that for Australia, you don't fail a medical if you're overweight. Also, you only need to be able to see with one eye (so he only tests your vision in one eye).

We did X-rays, turns out I have slight scoliosis - can't fail on that. And we did blood tests.

Note: based on the papers at the medical, NZ is more strict on health requirements?

• Like 2

Hatmed is friendly and fast. And the X-ray lady had some time, so she allowed us to look at our own x-rays and wonder at the detail with which you can see the airways in your lungs (which is the whole point after all). Good experience over all.

And for anyone wondering, they also have no problem with porphyria. (personally I think they just have no clue what it is...hehehe)

We went to hated on Friday for our medicals. What an absolutely stunning doctor. We chatted about Banting and mountain biking and crossfit. He asked me if my youngest child had had any long stays in hospital and that was really the last thing he asked. He checked weight and height (I'm happy to say I am OFFICIALLY 1cm taller than my oldest son still!!) and listened to our chests. Took blood pressure, checked pulse rate and checked the little ones hips. All in all that part took us about 20 minutes for all four of us. We didn't do eye tests and he didn't ask any other medical history questions. He said from his side we were all good to go.

Then we did the chest xrays. That took ages for some reason. Once we got in, it was quick though. She didn't give us any indication of what they showed. Next was blood and urine tests. My bloods were quick because I am used to donating blood. My husband and son took forever - they were both quite scared and their veins kept disappearing. We all did urine tests. Of course we didn't think the 7 year old needed to so he went for a BIG wee about 5 seconds before they said - "Oh he also needs a urine test" so we had to fill him up with water and wait for him to be able to wee again.

All in all it was really not a bad experience and everyone we dealt with at Hatmed was friendly and helpful. So R5200 and about 2.5 hours later - we hopefully have medicals.

Can I just ask - do they phone you to tell you everything is fine or uploaded or do you just take it that everything is fine. We are working with an agent so I assume they will follow up now if need be. The doctor said they'd phone us if anything came up on the blood or urine test, but didn't say if they'd phone just to tell you everything is fine.

We did our medicals at hatmed too, they told us that they will upload after 2 days and indeed they were uploaded and no they don't call you,l only got a call because they needed to redraw my blood.

We submitted our police clearance to Nevetec today we used them because they charges R250pp and promise the same as docassist...as soon as we submit we will do our medicals. Thanks for sharing all your experiences about the medicals. I will definitely share mine as we are in CT. Hopes it goes well too.

Yep no invite our side either so waiting on next round while staying positive. I see no stats are out on SkillSelect website either so waiting on that also to see how things are shaping up.

Anybody else here use Nevetec before? They seem affordable and would save me a drive to drop off PCC etc. (Given the time it takes to complete I'm thinking of going ahead with PCC even without an invite)

Bobsa I submitted by PCC to Nevetec at the cape town office today. They advised that I will expect an email from them approx 5 weeks from now. They will email me a copy of the complete document once their agent collects it and will do all the follow ups too. Got a receipt and they ensured that if the surname is incorrect they would get it fixed for us. Sounds promising, we will see in 5 weeks whether is was fine using the cheaper option.

My husband drove to Pretoria to drop off the PCC's by hand. He said it was quite simple. 2 days later I could see them on the website as received.

Now we wait :)

Anyone who dropped theirs off in PTA, how long did it take to be issued? I'm being very impatient, I know :) It's only been a week or so.

TinaB, I am just as impatient. My application was handed in on 3rd of October and I am waiting very impatiently. This is my very last document outstanding.

Me as well. Handed in 1 october. Now we wait. Also the last doc.

Ours was also Registered on 3 October on their site. My husband picked up a new letter from my school this morning (showing evidence that I was educated in English), the last one didn't state the dates showing I had five years of high school. I'm assuming our medicals are all fine - we've heard nothing. And HOPEFULLY that is the end of the forms.

TinaB, we handed ours in on the 16th of September, it reflected on the 19th of September and we are still waiting.

So not great news from my side. Also go look at the July group to see how long people have been waiting.

The worst is my husbands Dubai clearance only took 5 days... African time you must love it

I don't think we need to panic until at least a month has passed. Easier said than done though.

We actually lodged on 23 July so I'm probably on the wrong group :) We got our CO on 23 Sep and now have until 20 Oct to submit the medicals and PCC's (or proof that we've applied for them). The letter from school will be sent tomorrow, so I'm hoping they will carry on with the application and then as soon as the PCC's arrive we'll get a visa.

Aaaaaand, there I go back into panic mode again!!!

Can anyone help with how to get details of previous visits to Australia for lodging 189? They ask for dates and visitor visa details. My LSD trip was in 2000 and my skills assessment trip was in 2008. I dont want to get the details wrong. Also my partner has a Driving under the influence conviction in the late 90's. Where does one go to find details of this for visa lodging?

JandBwithR, I see no one has gotten back to you.

With regards to visits, use your old passports to find the details. If you don't have them I'm not sure because you will also need copies of your visa's as in your passport.

I'm not sure about the drunk driving problem but there is some why you can get previous records cleared. Not sure how though.

Our PCC's are finally ready!!!!! It took just over a month after delivering it ourselves. This was the last document so now we will wait for a VPO to be appointed, but what would be ideal is to get a direct grant but I see the chances of that are very little.

What happened with the invites, I haven't seen one person that got one. Really hoping for the ones waiting will get it this next round.

Hi JandBwithR,

The company I used to do my clearance also does clearing of old records. Check out Nevetec they have all the details on their website. I think anything older than 10years where you were not a murderer or sex offender can be removed depending on the sentence.

Good luck!

We did our medicals at hatmed too, they told us that they will upload after 2 days and indeed they were uploaded and no they don't call you,l only got a call because they needed to redraw my blood.

Our medical results haven't been uploaded yet...it's been about a week and a half?

Our medical results haven't been uploaded yet...it's been about a week and a half?

You really don't see the results, just click on your application under get health details if they have uploaded it would be written that all health examinations required for specified visa havery been finalised.

• Like 1