189's lodged August/September 2015

wallyengles

Well my nerves are not doing so great at the moment. House for sale...sleepless nights because "what if I get rejected" we spent R74800k plus all the add ons....aaaaahhh....I am trying to be optimistic, its really tough though. Our medicals will be done aroundd 15th Nov as the system is going down 21st Nov. I want all my stuff loaded by then.

Well my nerves are shot now. I am really starting to stress big time.

We are waiting for our PCC's which should be ready this week or next week and then we HOPE that we'll get a visa within the month of November. If not, I just don't know what to do.

I will then have to pay registration fees to two school for my kids which amounts to about R5k and obviously you don't get this back if they end up not attending the school. My husband and I both need to resign by mid December so that we can give a months notice, and be ready to leave by mid Jan. And I don't know if the department stops issuing visa's over December or Jan - so everything has to happen right on schedule for us to be able to stick to our plan. And not to mention the fact that we still have no jobs and no friends or family in Oz, so we don't even know where we'll be going.

I am REALLY starting to stress. Not sleeping, stomach always in a knot, waiting waiting waiting. I'm finished!!

Hi TashyL and Tina B

I feel your pain with the funds and also to get all the things to happen at the right time.

I like to plan and get everything in place and with this process it is just not possible. I get the feeling that it is easier to just "wing it" and hope for the best BUT that is not the way I do things and I struggle with the concept.

With this possibly being the biggest decision of our life's it just doesn't feel right to "wing it".

My Wife and I have a plan A and plan B and C,D,E .... Lets hope one of them work!

All the best to all of you.

And remember--->

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

• Like 2

Looks like my application date is still far off, interested to see the cut-off date for the 23rd October round to see what date of applicants they have reached.

Where can I access this?

Go to

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil

Then click on the "Invitation rounds" and on "current invitation round"

But only the 9th October round is currently listed.

I also keep an eye on other forums and try to "consolidate" the info.

:magic:

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

Found this spreadsheet on the Expat Forum, gives a good indication of how quickl/long it takes if all docs are uploaded.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FbZvlgMTC54aMv2LVhtcQuBXMfUkIpydWuZAAFHf8-Y/htmlview?pli=1

Hope it helps :) Especially for those of you waiting for invites who have some prep time.

Tashy

Hi All,

I noticed this morning that the results for the 23rd Oct invitation round have been updated.

For those fellow Accountants waiting for invites they accepted EOI's lodged up until the 26 Aug (min 70 points). The next invite round is the 6th Nov, looking very positive for us since our EOI was lodged on the 30th Aug. Really holding thumbs this is going to be our round :ilikeit:

Good luck to all those still waiting for invites.

Hi JoleneW

I am trying to understand the webpage on Skill Select. I fall in the category 2613 (Software and Application Programmers). If they say points score 65, Visa date of effect 22 Oct, what does it mean?

Does it mean that minimum points are 65, and all applications up to 22Oct has been processed?

If you go back in history to the 7 September round, the 2613 skill had a point score of 60

Maybe stupid question, but i am not sure what I am reading. :unsure: I Applied on 12 Oct

...you guys should start an October/November thread.... #JustSaying... ;)

Just got mail...CO assigned :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

Now just the wait for those pesky PCCs...

Wow that was quick! We lodged on 26 Septemember and nothing yet....not that I'm complaining...The UBC issue is making me an unpleasant person at the moment.

Well my nerves are shot now. I am really starting to stress big time.

We are waiting for our PCC's which should be ready this week or next week and then we HOPE that we'll get a visa within the month of November. If not, I just don't know what to do.

I will then have to pay registration fees to two school for my kids which amounts to about R5k and obviously you don't get this back if they end up not attending the school. My husband and I both need to resign by mid December so that we can give a months notice, and be ready to leave by mid Jan. And I don't know if the department stops issuing visa's over December or Jan - so everything has to happen right on schedule for us to be able to stick to our plan. And not to mention the fact that we still have no jobs and no friends or family in Oz, so we don't even know where we'll be going.

I am REALLY starting to stress. Not sleeping, stomach always in a knot, waiting waiting waiting. I'm finished!!

You are not the only one TinaB, l have already paid deposit for one child really hoping that the grant comes soon so l won't have to pay for my other child. We were also hoping to move early January so the kids can start school at the beginning of the year but after seeing the time lines from the other group waiting for 3 months is not a joke. I feel you TinaB

I just need to vent...

We are using an agent and I do feel that they haven't been their money worth. First there was a mistake that caused us to miss an invitation round that they didn't pick up, secondly we told them that we have a job ready we need to make sure this happens as quick as possible. I feel that I asked a million times about PCC's and not once did they knowing all the issues people have with it advice as to get it earlier. Now we are sitting with the other people who have been waiting for 3 months to get their VISA's approved.

If this is the case it will be well into Dec and I will be going into my third trimester of pregnancy. I'm really dissapointed in them and how little they communicate with their clients.

I will never advice an agent because of our experience.

Thank you for allowing me to vent.

Sad to hear about the bad luck Munchkin! But, take it from someone who is doing this without an agent, its not all sunshine and roses! The forum helps a lot but I do feel that it increases the worry level you experience a LOT since there is no-one to get feedback from except from yourself.

Share who your agent was, let others know who to avoid. Hope you feel better soon :ilikeit:

@Redpanda I was thinking of creating a new oct/nov group, but it doesn't make.sense as yet I think there are too few people who have lodged in Oct. So as soon as the Nov round starts lodging it may make more sense.

@Munckin, I cant imagine how you feel. Doing the visa on your own also is not as easy. Maybe sharing your feelings with the agents will also help them deal with future applicants differently, as I assume they follow a certain process which may need to change now?

All the best...

Thanks guys, I have drafted a mail when the first dissappointment with them happened.

I will definetly send them a mail with recommendations on how not to upset their other clients as much as they did us.

There is always that "Middle ground".

We did not use an agent, but decided to use Migrate2Oz review service for $800.

I prepared the application myself, and Andrew reviewed my application and all supporting docs and gave recommendations on missing / incorrect info.

I think that was the perfect solution for us.

• Like 2

@JessJ - looking at your timelines and very impressed.
Also didnt know you could use agents just to check the docs... we paid an arm for ours. Although he is v good.

JessJ, if I knew about that option I would have definetly used only that service.

Well too late now Now we will just wait.

Thanks Sassyninja. I was very lucky. After a terrible, heart-breaking year, it was nice to have some good news for a change.

I was very happy that there was an alternative, and I'm sure a lot of people don't know about the review service (I saw it on Facebook). So I just wanted to let everyone know that there is that option too! :)

Shame Munchkin. I am holding thumbs that you will get good news ASAP!! You haven't had a good run at all, I think its time for some good news!

• Like 2

It seems to me that migration agents have a number of services that people are unaware of, like the initial assessment on its own and the review on its own, that you just mentioned here.

Munchkin that is really terrible...

It's very sad to hear. Our experience with our agent has been very good so far.

In other news, one PCC sorted, one to go :ilikeit:

It seems to me that migration agents have a number of services that people are unaware of, like the initial assessment on its own and the review on its own, that you just mentioned here.

Good strategy from their side, most people just opt for the expensive option...

Well it looks like our PCC's are also ready :) Finalized date: 28/10/2015 and it showed up on the system on 3/10/2015. Hoping that they are correct though....

• Like 2

Congrats to those who have received the visa;s

For those using agents, if you log into your Immi account (which was used when setting up Medicals TRN numbers) are you seeing live info there now? I was just wondering since our CO was assigned on the 2nd Oct but when i look at our immi account it looks like no documents have been loaded yet by our agent?? They have had everything since August when our visa application was lodged. Our medicals have been done as well as PCC's.. so i am just wondering if we see live info there or if only the agent now see's live info now?