189's lodged August/September 2015

wallyengles

Thanks everyone.

Yes Wallyengles, it bearly gave us time to get our police clearance in order. But luckily we received notice today that our PCC's are ready, will get them tomorrow. Now just to wait for VISA grant.

Holding thumbs for a quick grant because my husband has a job lined up.

• Like 1

That's great Munchkin. Eish you all the best.

When did you apply for your PCC. That's the only thing holding is up now.

Yuvi, I hand delivered on the 16th of September. It reflected on the 19th of September and it was complete today 19th October. A month exactly. Good luck!!!!

Ok thanks. So I got a week or two more to wait.

Yay!! Seems like Munchkin and I are on the same timeline! Received an email early this morning to say our VPO has been assigned!

She has requested PCC's, which we are hoping will be done this week / next week! :D

Anyone know how long VPOs take to finalise once you have loaded the info they requested? Or is it just the luck of the draw?

JessJ

I believe it could take a few days but with the merger its taking up to a month.

Enjoy the ride with us.

Congrats Munchkin and JessJ. Always good to see some positive steps for other people as we all seek that visa approval.

Now the wait until Friday for the rest of us.

hi Munchkin, if you don't mind me asking but how did your husband go about securing work before the VISA grant? did he get an internal company transfer?

Thank you everyone, hoping for a lot of good news this Friday.

My husband worked with this guy in Dubai and he is a director or the company my husband are busy securing work through. So unfortunately it's the saying again, it's not who you are, it's who you know. But if anyone is and charted accountant and got their visa they must give me a shout. I know a company that prefers South Africans.

• Like 1

hi Munchkin, if you don't mind me asking but how did your husband go about securing work before the VISA grant? did he get an internal company transfer?

I've also been wondering about this topic.

Then yesterday I got a mail from a guy (recruiter) that found my profile on Seek and LinkedIn with a possible job offer. Provided the visa comes through.

So, the possibilities are out there. I've found, from those I've applied with so far, that recruiters seem to be more understanding of the visa process.

I don't know if that really helps you now that I look at it :blush:

Edit: On my seek profile I ticked the box that says "Able to live and work in Oz". Even though I'm still waiting, since the moment the visa comes through I'm going.

Edited by wallyengles

Oh Munchkin... you just made my day :jester:

I'm a CA - wanting to leave for Aus early Feb 2016. Any help would be AMAZING!!

JessJ just inbox me your e-mail address.

Wallyengles that is great news. Now just for you the long wait for a visa

Hi Munchkin

I am also a CA, we're waiting on our 189's (CO assigned on 2nd October) and our house is up for sale. once these two items are finalised we'll be booking our flights for early 2016. I was hoping to get an internal transfer with my firm but our offices in Oz are only just opening and they dont need someone at my level just yet. So my wife and i have been stressing a bit as we thought this was a given based on feedback i was getting from our previous HR Manager ( who left suddenly in August - apparently i wasnt the only one been duped) I have applied for a few jobs on seek but only one recruiter has replied so far to say he could assist, but then has never replied back after i gave him info he asked for.

​Would be great if there is any possibility of securing a job or prospective job from here :-)

Yay! PCCs received - exactly 1 month from application!

Phew, everything has finally been submitted... now we wait...

Edited by JessJ