189's lodged August/September 2015

wallyengles

I've had good service from them so far.

I did some research and it seems that it's not necessary to have the documents certified, apparently: " They do not have to be certified for a 189 Visa as long as they are colour copies"

Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by Odendaal

Thanks for the feedback Odendaal on the document checklist it states the following"

"All supporting documents must be scanned and uploaded with your application. All documents that you provide must be certified copies of original documents. Do not include original documents unless specifically requested to do so by the department. Documents not in English must be accompanied by accredited English translations."

I am so excited to finally be doing my application, but GOSH there is a lot to check and double check....I suppose that's why so many people go with agents.

Counting sleeps (3 to be exact), praying and crossing fingers, toes, legs and everything else in anticipation of Friday's invitation round.

To everyone else still waiting for that illusion invitation...all the best!

I need some more advice :whome:

Those applying on your own, how have to completed your current employment details? I am unable to leave the date column blank, do I insert the date I submit/lodge my application?? I am also unable to future date the "end date"?

Also once you have ticked off all the declarations, what happens? I am going through my details over and over checking for errors and trying to make sure it is really all correct. I have not gone past the last page where it says..please ensure your data is correct....Is there any possibility I can make changes thereafter? I am still waiting on funds so I am not lodging till probably the middle of this month.

And to those waiting....I am keeping you all in my prayers! We will all soon be talking about the "wait" for our GRANTS :ilikeit: Exciting times ahead!

So so soooooo happy!

Finally received my unabridged birth certificate today! :jester:

If anyone needs to follow up on theirs, contact the following lady at DHA:

Emeldah Mashele

Emeldah.Mashele@dha.gov.za

012 402 2284

• Like 2

Great stuff

I phoned on Monday (our 4 applications were made 5 weeks ago).

Turns out the one is almost ready, the other 3 still in progress...

Fingers crossed for you JoleneW you surely get an invitation this time.

Migrate2Oz said next round of invitations is today and latest we should hear anything is tomorrow.

Edited by Sweepea

Hi Sweepea,

According to Skill Select the next round is 9 October and then 23 October. See below..

Invitation rounds will be held twice a month from October 2015 and dates of rounds will be advised in advance. The maximum numbers of invitations to be issued in the October 2015 invitation rounds are as follows:

9 October 2015

Visa subclass Maximum number

Skilled - Independent (subclass 189) 1000

Skilled - Regional Provisional (subclass 489) 20

23 October 2015

Visa subclass Maximum number

Skilled - Independent (subclass 189) 1000

Skilled - Regional Provisional (subclass 489) 20

Note: This will not have any impact on state or territory government nominations for subclass 489 - Skilled Regional (Provisional) (state or territory nominated) visas and nominations for these visas can continue as normal.

• Like 1

Holding thumbs for everyone waiting for there invitations tomorrow. :ilikeit: Hopefully we can continue our rollercoaster ride.

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow.

Those using agents...I had to e-mail them before they told us that we got our invite, so just bear that in mind.

Hi all.

See you are all waiting for the 9th October invitations to be extended and wish you all good luck! We were fortunate enough to receive a 189 invitation earlier today but now I have a few questions that I hope someone can help with. We know we need to get Police Clearance Certificates, working on that and found out this afternoon you can only do that during office hours. Then we also need health checks and that will be done asap in Hatfield as soon as they have space for appointments available.

My questions are more related to the immi website. Once we logged in we had to start the process of completing the 189 Visa application and filled it in right to the end. I have not submitted it yet since we do not have our PCC or medical certs yet but is it ok to submit before we received our docs or should we rather just wait? As far as I could tell, there are still a lot of other work to do once you paid the Visa application fee such as filling in form 80 etc? Seems silly not to know but I was so focused on the EOI part of the process I was caught off guard when ours was granted quickly.

Any information would be appreciated and good luck with the invitation rounds!!

• Like 1

Congrats Cyber Joe. I am in the exact same situation, so I can't answer your question. I am waiting on funds.before I submit. I have completed the application but dont want to go any further.

What I am sure of is that you can submit without you PCC and medicals. As soon as you get an HPA number you can book your medicals. I am doing my PCC at a police station close to my office during lunch and will be using NEVETEC to submit to PTA froom CT.

Hoping to hear that more people received good news!

Edited by TashyL

Congrats to those who got invites.

Any people who applied under Accountants that got an invite? We only submitted our EOI on 15th September and didn't get an invite this time around.

So it looks like we are in for another anxious 2 week wait...no invite, feeling very disappointed :cry:

BobSA, we applied under Accountant and submitted out EOI on 30 August, hope your wait will be shorter than ours has been. How many points did you submit with?

Congrats to all who did receive invites today.

Edited by JoleneW

Hi JoleneW

Same as you we managed to get 70 points. And I'm guessing I won't see an invite until after you as you have same points and submitted earlier. Nothing to do except whole thumbs for another 2 weeks.

On a side note, 2 police stations have asked me that I bring proof of residence to apply for a PCC as they claim you have to reside in their area for them to assist. Anybody else experience this? Additionally I went on a Sunday and they told me I need to go during the week in office hours. Just so people are aware.

BobSA, holding thumbs for you.

We applied for our PCC's on Wednesday as I've heard its taking quite a while to process. We weren't asked to provide proof of residence.

To those of you who are accountants; last month they only invited accountants with 70 who have submitted before 6 Aug.

It's really hard on you guys I can tell, if there is anyway you can improve your points try that because I think they have filled more than half of this group already. Really hoping for you guys.

we didnt get an invite either. 65 points. submitted 12 Sep. Need to go whole long route of getting hubbys work docs from 3 employers and assessed through VETASSESS. He is an internal auditor. We, of course, are very disappointed as at the time we started the process, 65 points was still good enough and didnt go ahead with getting him assessed:(

Congrats to those who got their invites. JoleneW I was convinced you would get an invite this time around. Im reallysorry. The good thing is you already have 70 points:)

Edited by Sweepea

Thanks for the extra info Munchkin helps to give some context.

I can only increase my points by March 2016 for work experience up until then I have the max points I can get sadly. Looks like it is going to be very tight given the limited places and the amount of people already in the big queue.

Sweepea same as my thoughts when I started this process 60 points was enough and in the time I got my documents together the picture has changed dramatically

I've been advised that quotas for Accountants are being pro-rated through the year.

I stand to be corrected, but from my understanding there are 2500 places for the 2016 year over 12 months that means that on average there should be 208 invitations a month or 104 every two weeks for Accountants. We are not even half way through the year yet, so I am still positive that there are enough places left to still receive an invite, it may just take a little longer than other occupations.

Unfortunately we are also not able to achieve more points unless we go the 190 route. Anyone know which states are still sponsoring Accountants?

Since the invitation round results aren't out yet, my analytical brain has been in overdrive, I am sure my fellow Accountants can relate. I can only assume that the reason we didn't get an invite this round was either because the EOI deadline cutoff was before 30 Aug, I think this is possible since the invite rounds are now twice a month, so it follows that the EOI deadline cutoffs (previously about 4-5 week intervals) would also be halved, giving us a cutoff for this round around 25 Aug, or that the minimum points for invitation has now jumped to 75 - in which case we're all in big trouble (I think this is unlikely though). I could of course have this all wrong...lol.

Given my above analysis, BobSA there is a good chance you could still receive an invite in the next round (25 Aug + 3 weeks = 15 Sep). Sweepea, you too could possibly receive an invite next round, just because the previous rounds minimum was 70, doesn't necessarily mean it will stay that way in coming rounds as not everyone entering the pool will always have 70 or more points.

So this is me dusting myself off, putting on my happy face and looking forward to 23 October with positive optimism.

Good Luck all still waiting, especially to my fellow Accountants :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Hi JoleneW, last month some of the invites were a bit late, let's hope that's the case because I haven't seen many people with invites yet.

Go look at this old post ... SkillSelect July invites and quotas - accountants and IT ... Then you can get a better idea of what I was referring to. But you are quite correct that the points have been changing every month.

Just keep in mind that previously they only did the invite once a month where they only invite 2500 overall for PR189 so they won't invite equal amount in a same group every month...very dependent on points and date applied.

I really hope that I'm wrong and that you guys will get in.

Thanks for your advice Munchikin, I would be thrilled to still receive an invite this round.

Just to clarify, the 2500 I was referring to in my previous post was the occupation ceilings for Accountants for the full year 2016, and not the number of 189's issued each month.

Occupation ceilings for the 2015-2016 programme year

Occupation ID Description Ceiling Value Results to Date

2211 Accountants 2525 440

Edited by JoleneW

Jolene currently NSW is taking accountants and I decided to do an additional EOI because in my field (Systems Analysts)the invites are also pro rated. If you look at my signature it took a while but I had 70 points with SS. Keep in mind you can apply and just go with whichever comees 1st. In my case I got a invite from NSW. It cost me R3000 more and it was a easy process to follow as well.

With 75 points you should be selected very quickly.

It will be interesting to see whether they split the quota per invite round?

At the end of the day you will definitely get invited this year.

Hang in there ;)

• Like 1