189's lodged August/September 2015

wallyengles

Welcome to the waiting club JessJ

• Like 1

Last night, my wife and I had our monthly date night.

We couldn't decide where to go, so we just took the car and drove.

No sooner do we end up at...the airport, eating sprinkle pops and watching the planes take off :whome:

We are all really privileged to be able to do this...

P.S. Now I REALLY can't wait to get the visa and get on that last jet :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

• Like 1

So.... after submitting our PCC's yesterday, I received an email at 01h00 this morning to say our visas have been granted?!?

I am still in shock.... :stretcher:

Exactly 6 weeks from lodging.

• Like 2

So.... after submitting our PCC's yesterday, I received an email at 01h00 this morning to say our visas have been granted?!?

I am still in shock.... :stretcher:

Exactly 6 weeks from lodging.

Woop woop!!!!!!!

Bring out the bubbly!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!! :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

Wow JessJ that is wonderful news. Congratulations.

Both our PCC's had mistakes on them so waiting for corrections to be made. Hope we will be as lucky as you.

If you don't mind me asking, did you have an agent and who was your VOO?

Edited by Munchkin

Thanks Wallyengles!

Seems the Department has got its groove on! We will be seeing many more happy posts soon! :ilikeit:

Damn Munchkin! I hope they fix the mistakes ASAP! Wish I had a contact for you (like with the Birth certificates), but we did it through DocAssist.

Maybe if you don't come right in a week, call Docassist? Maybe they will charge less than the full fee to just help with a mistake?

The lady at PCC offices said 4 days and then we will send courier again. So another week delay. But as long as the docs are correct I don't mind.

And tomorrow is the big day for everyone else on here. Really thinking of you guys.

We had a month delay because our agent made a mistake so I know the frustration of waiting for the invite.

Thanks Jolene! Holding thumbs for you and everyone else for tomorrow!!! I really hope you get good news! :hug:

• Like 1

Crossing fingers for everyone waiting on an invite tomorrow!

• Like 1

Congratulations JessJ that way really fast. If you don't find me asking whats your time line?

Thanks everyone!

Chips:

Submitted on 10 September

VPO/CO assigned on 20 October (she asked for PCCs - which we had already applied for on 21 September)

PCCs arrived yesterday

VISA granted today...

I didn't expect it to happen so quickly! I had prepared myself to wait til December. I don't know how it happened (maybe my VPO is superwoman??)

• Like 1

Indeed she is a superwoman, really tired of waiting :(

Hoping you hear good news soon Chips!

At least you have the VPO/CO assigned. Can't be too much longer.

Maybe they take longer to read that damn Form 80 (gross). My VPO was lazy and didn't want Form 80 (LOL ;) )

Good day,

I would like to find out is it easier to do your own Imigration or should i get a Agent?

Money wise?

We are a family of 3, my husband, me and our baby girl 15 Months

My husband is an Electrician with a trade, already working for 5 years on a Silicon Mine in South Africa.

We would like to imigrate to New Zealand or Canada.

Edited by SalomeCilliers

Good day,

I would like to find out is it easier to do your own Imigration or should i get a Agent?

Money wise?

We are a family of 3, my husband, me and our baby girl 15 Months

My husband is an Electrician with a trade, already working for 5 years on a Silicon Mine in South Africa.

We would like to imigrate to New Zealand or Canada.

Hi, that is a big decision. Most of us here are going for the Australia VISA so not sure about other countries.

What I would recommend is to see if their applications are all online. If so it should be easy enough to do it yourself. But we are using an agent and if I knew about this forum for Australia earlier we would have skipped the agent.

Best of luck with your decision.

PS Australia also want electricians if I'm not mistaken

Any invites this morning????

Nope no invite this morning. The wait sadly continues... Hopefully somebody got an invite so at least we have an idea of which dates of submission are currently being invited!

Does anyone know if the 190 invites run in the same invitation rounds as the 189's?

I lodges EOI for a 190, as we are pretty sure where we would like to go...

Lodged 2 weeks ago.

Hey Eduan,

Which state did you apply to? I applied with NSW. They invite on random dates and look at select based on points, then English, then work experience. The last time I checked on other forums they were only inviting 70 pointers.

I applied on 5 Aug and got my nomination invite 28th Aug and final invite on 2 Oct.