189's lodged August/September 2015

wallyengles

Losing that bank ballance is easy ... getting it back is the problem!!!

@Munchkin .. Does the PCC's expire?

If not I will get on it immediately .. But I will have to investigate the process first. Thanks for the tip!

GOOD2GO PCC expires after a year and your visa activation date is determined by when your PCC and medicals expires.

Good2go, just one thing to consider. Once they grant your visa you 12 months to activate will start on the date of your PCC or your medical, whichever was first. But if you want to leave soon, no reason not to get it.

There are lots of posts on doing your PCC, so good luck it will easily take 6 weeks

Congratulations Good2go,all the best with the rest of the journey.

I am using Nevetec for our PCCs and they are quite helpful, based in CPT and Gauteng, possibly durban too. They are also affordable...I can comment more on their service once I get my PCC's....applied 13th Oct.

We have also completed the form 80 and loaded it as we would hope this will lead to a direct grant, that is if there is nothing else they require from us.

We plan to leave in April, hence us not being too concerned about the medicals and pcc being donee earlier.

All the best,

Tashy

Thanks for the advice Munchkin. We actually applied for our PCCs on the 1 Oct already, as I heard the wait was quite long, however they were only lodged on the SAPS system on the 17th Oct, so hopefully not too much longer to wait for those.

Can anyone advise with regards to the medicals, are the kids (Age 12,11 and 6) required to have blood tests as well?

@ JoleneW, no blood tests or X-Rays for kids that age.

My two just had to do urine tests. If you have a daughter, please ensure that she drinks loads of water before time. We had our kids drink a lot of water that morning, however my daughter had blood in her urine, and had to go again. We were so worried but it turns out she just did not have enough.

Only kids over 15 need to have blood tests. Our medicals included: weight, height, blood pressure, general prodding, listening to us breathing and a nice chat with a really nice doctor. He checked my 7 year olds hip movement and ears and pulse. Really nothing more stressful than a normal doc check.

No xray and no bloods for the little one, but he did do a urine test.

We went to Hatmed in Pretoria and it was all round a very nice experience.

@Tina, how long did they take to load on your application? I am waiting for mine and praying all is good.

Thanks TashyL and TinaB, that is a big relief.

I must say I am a little worried about the medicals. I had a back op in 2007, I am hoping that won't be a problem. My common sense is telling me it shouldn't be because it is not something that requires ongoing medication or treatment, but the nerves are still there especially when so much is at stake.

PCC's take a month or just under a month once you can see them on the website.

Good luck, that was my worst. (And we even did PCC's for Dubai)

Congrats JoleneW

Know you have been waiting for a while :)

Just a note that we also dropped of PCC in person in PTA on 24th October and I haven't received a sms yet so there is a waiting period for that too.

• Like 1

Good day i would like to let everyone know that we received our invitation today, We are so excited.......Finally! Super excited :ilikeit:

• Like 5

Great Hanliedb. I knew you would get it today.

This Invite is like ... Opening the window and feeling the fresh morning breeze in your face.

The last few nights we hardly closed an eye .. not because of the anticipation.. but because our area has lately been terrorized by a group of armed robbers.

They have robbed close to 15 houses in the last few week.... all around us and every knight I am waking up for every sound, When alarms and gunshots go off around us we are up and worried.

No one should live like that ... I don't care,, they can take everything in the house but don't do it while we are there! Don't terrorize us.

It is like we are just waiting our turn to get hit by these terrorists. We have to find a better quality of live!!!!!

GOOD2GO

We should probably start a new thread: visas lodged Nov

Edited by GOOD2GO
  • Like 1

Wow Good2go, that is really bad. Hoping they will catch these guys before they take any more lives.

Wow Good2go, that is really bad. Hoping they will catch these guys before they take any more lives.

Got my VISA today :ilikeit: Took just over 3 months and 5 days from date of invitation. Such a relief to know my exit strategy has finally fallen into place!

• Like 5

Alrighty, we have basically collected what we could to prove that our marriage is genuine and ongoing. Will submit everything by Sunday! Then it's the "request complete" button and the waiting game.....

• Like 1

Alrighty, we have basically collected what we could to prove that our marriage is genuine and ongoing. Will submit everything by Sunday! Then it's the "request complete" button and the waiting game.....

Congrats! Here's to hoping that the next mail you get is a grant...

• Like 2

Hi guys

Looks like invites for accountants are moving at a snail's pace. The 6th November stats are out: http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil#

The cut-off dates for Accountants for last few invitation rounds:

7th September: Accountants 70 points 6/08/2015 11:13am

9th October: Accountants 70 points 16/08/2015 1:02am

23rd October: Accountants 70 points 26/08/2015 3:17pm

6th November: Accountants 70 points 31/08/2015 12:43pm

It was moving at 10 days per invite and latest one was just 5 days. Its slower than a snail on an uphill :blush: