189's lodged August/September 2015

wallyengles

Right, VISA granted today!

Thank the Lord that that wait is over! For all those still waiting, it will happen, they seem fairly consistent with their 189 approvals.

Edited by MSL
  • Like 4

Hi @MSL That is great news. All the best. So now the activation and move. :ilikeit:

Also congrats to SassyNinja & MerlinZA. :ilikeit:

• 2 weeks later...

The waiting is killing me :unsure: and it's only been 2 weeks since we've submitted everything. I guess I hoped to be one of the lucky ones that get a grant strait away :P

You will never know Odendaal on expat forum people are getting grants 6 days after submitting documents so you can still get grant before Christmas if you lucky :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Sigh or my case could be like most people's cases :jester:

Chips, you don't perhaps know the Mckay/Bauer family in Newcastle?

Called at 1st and the lady asked my hubby date the case officer contacted us and she said will hear from the probably in January she didn't ask him his details, so l called again and the guy that answered asked passport details and all and said case officer will come back next week arnd the 17th to our case so fingers and toes crossed something happens.

• Like 1

Odendaal just have faith you will never know, no l don't know them.

• Like 1

Your enduring faith is very humbling Chips! I think we'll all have a party when you get your visa!:jester:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chips said:

Called at 1st and the lady asked my hubby date the case officer contacted us and she said will hear from the probably in January she didn't ask him his details, so l called again and the guy that answered asked passport details and all and said case officer will come back next week arnd the 17th to our case so fingers and toes crossed something happens.

Chips, knowing your history this must be extremely frustrating.

Why did they appoint a second VPO, any explanation for that?

Which branch did you phone?

We called Adelaide since they are handling our case, no explanation whatsoever on the 2nd Vpo he only requested for certified PCCs. It is really frustrating not knowing what's really going on and the time it's taking for them to make a decision, not knowing if it's gonna be positive or not we feel tortured by this whole thing :( 

Chips I would have cried if that happened to us.

I phoned them this morning and the lady said that they are working through Christmas for those of you who were wondering. They have 3 days off.

So she explained the process as follow to me:

VPO assigned, 28 days nothing will happen, but 4 weeks after the 28 days they will look at application. Therefore 8 weeks after VPO assignment.

I also asked the question about only e-mailing the VPO and not uploading to immi online and she said that it won't influence the application.

I hope this helps the other people still waiting with us. 

We are hoping for Monday 14 Dec (8 weeks after VPO)

Glad the only closing for 3 days, we also waited for 8 weeks that's when the 2nd Vpo was assigned. Thank goodness your grant is almost here Munchkin, when do you guys plan to leave?

Well let's hope so, just now we also get a second VPO.

Once we have a visa my husband will hear from a contact there about a job, therefore it's all depended on when they will need him to start. We think it will be beginning Feb.

what's your plans Chips?

Oooohhh no what did the 2nd Vpo request? We plan to leave mid or end of January that's if we have the visa, no work yet for us will see when we get there.

I think I'm going to have to make a conscious effort to not browse this forum/ other forums or check my immi account until we get our visas. 

My nerves just cannot handle it - It's like I'm obsessed :/

So it's time out for me. Good luck to everyone and hope you all hear good news soon!

Hope you get your visa soonest so that will hear from you again :(  I hope you will be able to stay away l tried didn't work.

Good luck Chips. At least you're in the final stretch. With the Rand behaving like it is, I'll be paying a lot more money by the time my turn comes. 

• Like 1

We finally got our grant!!! ?

Thank you you to all of you who have been supportive when it just felt like things were going wrong. This would have been a very lonely road without you.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Munchkin said:

We finally got our grant!!! ?

Thank you you to all of you who have been supportive when it just felt like things were going wrong. This would have been a very lonely road without you.

Well that's a nice Christmas present @Munchkin . :santa: 

Now we need to hold thumbs for @Odendaal and the other anxious applicants.

Edited by GOOD2GO

Congratulations Munchkin, fantastic news the calling must have helped in a way hey :ilikeit::congratulations:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chips said:

:congratulations:

That is the coolest "emoticon"!!! Nice find.

• Like 2