Processing time for 190 visa grants have slowed down :(

Congratulations Marcie and Three80 :ilikeit:

What awesome news. All the best for the groot trek.

• Like 1

Well a bit of a "dry" ending to the week but happy for all those that did get their golden tickets, you guys deserve it after the long wait!. To the rest of the group, lets put all our energy and prays into Monday morning and next week.

At this stage I would even just be happy to get a CO allocated but all in Gods time.

Magenta, we lodged more than 3 months ago and also no Case Officer yet, our agent is not worried but I cannot say the same for myself. :unsure:

I believe we will get a Case Officer in a week or two and hopefully get our visa in record time after that, I hate the wait and really feel down some days because of it. You are not alone. :hug:

Just try to stay positive. Soon my friend! ;)

2nd of April, 190 visa (Victoria). :)

Received Medicals and Police Clearance end of April, everything done, agent will only forward documentation once we receive a CO, he doesn't want to upload on immi website. :unsure:

Any news guys???

KH (Trev)

We'll I'll be holding thumbs for you....

For what it's worth I front loaded all the documents and cleared medicals 2 weeks later and also nothing yet..my agent also seems to think another week or two.

Let's hang in there, our time is coming :)

Hey Trev, it's been a dry few days for us....

BUT I'm trying to stay positive, especially for the families sake

Guys I Think I am oldest one here. I applied June last year but no news. I submitted my medical and PCC in Feb. Also my lawyer sent an email to case officer last Tuesday but no reply so far!!! :excl: So it too late for you guys.

Guys I Think I am oldest one here. I applied June last year but no news. I submitted my medical and PCC in Feb. Also my lawyer sent an email to case officer last Tuesday but no reply so far!!! :excl: So it too late for you guys.

"so it is too late for you guys" What do you mean?

"so it is too late for you guys" What do you mean?

Sorry Mate. I was meaning it is NOT too late for you guys. It was typing mistake!!!;)

What a disappointing end to the week...Was really hoping to hear something.

After requesting my agent to phone DIBP earlier the week to find out what is happening with my application, she was told it has been allocated but they would not give her any other details... she also received a direct grant for one of her other clients that day, their application was lodged just before mine...

So here the family and I sit...waiting for our pray's to be answered.

Here's to Monday and the new week ahead, have an awesome weekend everyone.

Try not to stress Mark, it's as good as done. Does that mean you have a CO?

Edited by Bronwyn&Co

Just sent him an email. Heres praying and hoping for a grant soon.

We are going to Mozambique from saturday and where we are going we will have no internet or cellphone reception. We have a Moz number but have to take a drive to get signal. Sure would be awesome having the visa before we go.

Hey Nicknel, are back from your Moz trip?? I'm sure you have received your good news by now? Sure hope so xx

Thanks Bronwyn, the message I got was that the application has been allocated ??? Would you interpret that as it's sitting with a CO?

I'm not even sure anymore...

Thanks Bronwyn, the message I got was that the application has been allocated ??? Would you interpret that as it's sitting with a CO?

I'm not even sure anymore...

Personally I would have thought that meant your file is allocated to a case officer? But we came on a different visa...maybe give your agent a call to check? B

Hey Guys, Got back from Moz last night or should I say 01h00 this morning. What an experience, one of the local people I met shared a story with me that I thought was very interesting and want to share it with you guys.

But first things first..................Whoooohoooooo Got our Visa on Tuesday, couldn't let you know as I had no internet but called my agent on Monday.....nothing.....Tuesday.... Bam. I now fully understand that bitter sweet feeling, we were very happy but at the same time sad. Still excited though. Cant wait till tomorrow to start planning. FINALY!

Guys when are you guys planning on flying out to Oz? Trev I am sure you already booked your tickets! LOL

Ok so back to the story................

We did house visits the second day there and was so suprised to see how they live. In a hut built with sticks and either clay or cement oval balls with a grass roof. There is a few of these on one piece of land because the WHOLE family live together, the granny & grandad, their children and grandkids. We got to this guys "family village" he is an old and very wise man. There is also little huts on stilts where they keep their food and water so that the animals cant get to them. He said before the war if a person traveled on the road and was hungry and thirsty could come into their land and take food and water from this hut enough for one meal and drink water or marula juice enough to quench their thirst. (Even if no one is on the property or at night) and when they are done they draw a line in the sand. This line is a sign that a person was there and had a meal and a drink of water or juice.

These people have nothing, they work very hard to get enough food together for their family but will still give to others in need. Water in the area is so scarse that they have to walk kilometers with buckets to get their water. They dont have decent showers, they bath out of a bucket of water, they poop in the bush or in a long drop. (My family and I had to use a long drop during our stay there and had to shower under the stars every night with limited water and by the end of the week we really missed home with all our luxuries)

And what was VERY sad is that when this guy visited his son that was working in South Africa, on his way to his son he stopped at one of the houses and asked for a drink of water and the person didn't want to give him anything, just chased him away. If you see this man you would see that he is entirely harmless, an old madala. May this story encourage us all to just stop and think and be gratefull for our visa's and the opportunities that lie ahead of us and always to be kind to the poor and underprivilaged. To us a drink of water is always there and but to another it is a luxury.

We managed to put up a rainwater tank at the community centre that will catch around 5000 litres of water a year to help with the water shortage there. The other interesting thing is the government bore a whole for water and got salt water instead of drinking water, so they had to bore another whole and only at 65 meters later did they find fresh water. Why it is so interesting is that Machaila is in the Gaza province which is 300km away from the nearest beach.

Anyway got carried away there, just wanted to share the very interesting story.

Have a great Sunday everybody!

• Like 4

Howdy gang, seems things are a little quiet at the moment for us??

Ive seen a lot of 190 movement on some other international forum sites but we don't seem to be feeling the same love... I've asked my agent if she would please try and get another status update for me on my application from DIBP as I still have had no contact....

Enjoy the day and here's to a positive ending to the week!

i am still waiting, submitted on the 24th March.

What visa did you apply for?

Holding thumbs for you guys, watching this thread closely!!!

trev

If there is one thing this process has taught me is that you need LOADS of patience. I'm really having to dig deep at the moment with all this waiting.

Just when I think this is my week, reality knocks and my happy bubble pops.

Anyway, I'm holding thumbs for all of us that next week brings more visas.

Well, it's been over a week since we got our CO and no news yet :( I know I am meant to have some patience but it has all been used up. What's the secret? How do you stop yourself from going mad? I wake up every morning, hoping my husband will tell me he has received an email and we have the visa! I really am driving myself crazy with this :(

Hi Magenta,

I have sympathy for your waiting, but perhaps for all the followers of the thread, it takes time. Our CO was assigned 23 Jan and Visa was granted 11 March. So have a glass of wine (or a bottle), take a deep breath and wait it out. All your stuff is in, all the angst for clearance and docs and goodness knows how many versions of the same information is in. The first leg of the race is done. Barring a disaster, the outcome is as it should be. Perhaps reflect a little on what still needs to be done (It's a pot load) and start some planning. It was strange, but after the visa grant, even though I was happy, it still felt like I'd lost something in the process, and later I realised that I was in mourning. So, chin up. It's a process and a journey. You will get there just the same.

Shaugn.

• Like 1