Processing time for 190 visa grants have slowed down :(

Congrats!

Shoo, it's been a LOOONG road for you guys. We'll be a year in next month, so REALLY hoping we get ours this month. Where is the new topic you posted, I can't seem to find it.

WE GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Started a new topic with how it happened and for those of you getting yours soon.

:ilikeit:

Thanks Guys - you will be next!

Splunken - I posted it under General 'the long awaited 190 visa grant'

Wishing you all hear very soon!!

• Like 1

JIPEEEE, :congratulations:

Very good news! Things are startint to happen

Hey 1982,

Congratulations how exciting :D Can just imagine the jubilation

Congratulations!!!

To those feeling forgotten about, why not email your CO? I did and we got our visa the next day!

Also, there is no reason you can't start looking for jobs during the process. I looked through out the process. I gave an estimated time frame in my cover letter. I had a lot of declines, but you get declines when you are in Australia as well, a lot of companies are looking for people with Australian work experience. But make sure every one knows your name. Someone will eventually see your potential.

I got offered a job 2 days after I got my visa! Sure makes it easier to go over with a job!

@NewFutureAhoy

What did you say in your mail to your CO? and what date did you get your visa? Today?

I was thinking about emailing my CO but I'm scared I'm gonna piss them off :unsure:

If I dont hear anything by Friday I will pop my agent an email, but dont want to stress them out too much as they did say we can expect a decision early in July.

Good day

With reference to visa BCCxxx - EGOxxx

Our agent submitted our final documents for the visa on Tuesday after being appointed a case officer and having the document request on 26 March.

Could you please give us a time indication of when we will have an answer regarding our visa grant?

We acknowledge that the time delay was due to circumstances beyond our control and the documents took long to be uploaded.

Prospective employers are requesting a time frame of when we will have an answer on our visa and we also need to make accommodation plans for our time remaining in South Africa and also request a time frame regarding this.

I thank you for your time and effort and look forward to your response.

Kind regards

xxx

Ja, we were also scared to send them an email, but I read somewhere else on this forum that someone had sent their CO an email and they got their visa the next day, so we took the chance.

We got our 189 visa on 6 May and touched down in Australia on 6 June!!!

• Like 1

Thats awesome! Will try it on Friday if I dont have visa yet. Thanks

Thanks. I've sent the mail. Eeeeeeh. I really hope this visa comes soon cause my beer belly is growing by the day.

@gordon28, to what address did you mail? I will mail on friday too, if i dont hear.

trev

@Trev

I sent to the mail to the address that was given when I got my CO. I based it on the draft that was given by Newfuturehoy. It was team 6 adelayed. I can message you the actual email address if you want

*Adelaide How can I spell my future city wrong. Lol

@ Gordon28, Just checked, I have team 7

Initial contact was from team 6 and the next contact was from team 7.

I Do have an agent so I don't know if i should ask them to make contact or do it myself. I Think i should so it myself.

At the end of the day I guess I am a customer of the Aus govt, we pay a lot so we should be able to ask.

Trev

• Like 1

We had the same argument ourselves. We where scared that they might flag us as irritating or something. But we did pay allot and more transparency is our right I believe. I also read on another forum today (mostly Asian prospective immigrants), that two people sent a mail yesterday and they both changed their signatures to grant recieved: 2 July. Then when a member of this forums said the same I just went for it.

• Like 1

I phone my agent today to query if they had heard anything. She said not as yet but will drop dibp a mail to find out.

My nerves are shot now with all this waiting and I see the new QLD SOL list from 1 july 2014 no longer has my occupation on. I'm really hoping and praying for the granting of the visa real soon. Desperate to join my sister and her kiddies now :(

• Like 1

Don't worry Marcie you and me both...my nervous are done! I tried getting an update from my agent today but all she said it will start moving soon, doesn't always happen in the first week.. As for my occupation, it also came off the southern Australia 2014 occupation list.. Talk about adding insult to injury :) Anyway, hang in there!

• Like 2

Just out of interest Markl41, what occupation did you apply for?

If it's any consolation we also e-mailed our CO to follow up politely as we hadn't seen movement, we received our grants 3-4 hours later...

• Like 1

Makes me suspect there is a list titled "do not process till 1 July"

On 1 July CO's have stated to process and have some sort of queuing system, alphabetical, date submitted, date of PCC, who knows.

Receiving an email may prompt some CO's to skip directly to the person and process. Some may follow their queuing system no matter what, who knows.

• Like 2

Eish, could'nt sleep mail sent to CO @ Team 7

Maybe i wake up with a grant ..... :oops:

Nothing on my immi account. Last updated 05 March. :cry:

Just sent my agent an email, I pray for a grant for tomorrow. Couldn't wait untill Friday..... :blush: