Processing time for 190 visa grants have slowed down :(

Hi Gordon28

Just out of interest, how did you check the availability of your profession for your preferred state?

Thanks

Wow Gordon28 - you brave - ha ha!! It gives me a little encouragement though.

We have hit so many speed humps that we are to scared to make any final arrangements until we have the actual grant. The only people we have told is family and our pastor. Are you shipping your furniture across or buying there? Have you been looking for work or will you look when you get there? We waiting for the visa before we can sell our cars, book shipping date and have time to resign from work, etc.

We have applied for WA but my aunt lives in Adelaide so we might visit there for a week or 2 before going to Perth to find accommodation and work. Will give you a shout if we go that route.

Good luck with your final month :)

I applied to Queensland.

Will try do some digging around to see if I can find something similar for my state. Thank you

Someone on a forum i'm following silently got his grant today. Here is his timeline if you guys want some light reading to let the time pass. He is from India but i cant see what his nominated occupation is,but judging from his ACS application its something in IT:

IELTS 17th Aug 2013 | ACS Application - 10th Sept 2013 |
ACS Positive - 9th Dec 2013 | EOI - 18th Dec 2013 | Invitation Date - 31st Jan 2014 | Visa Lodge - 20th Feb 2014 | Medicals 4th March 2014 | PCC 20th March 2014 | CO 14th April 2014 | Form 80 submission - 14th April 2014 | Delay Email - 16th April 2014 | 2nd June 2014

@1982

We will sell all our furniture (which is sad cause we redid everything 2 years ago with Coricraft). We already have a buyer for that. I get notifications on jobs in my field in Adelaide everyday, but i just browse those, will actively look for a job by sending my CV about two weeks before we leave. We have saved up enough money to go without jobs for about 6 months in Adelaide, but of course if we get jobs before that then we can use the saved money for something other than rent/transport/food etc.

Yes you must let us know when you're in Adelaide, we can go for a glass of wine and chat about how patiently we waited for that grant :ilikeit:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How are you guys holding up? Lets hope we get our Visas in the next 30 Days

Taking it day by day. I see a few grants on other forums but believe we will get ours from July onwards :yawn:

Decided to use the Bar in the Braai room more often, it lessens the pain.....

Still waiting

T

• Like 4

It's been a tough wait since Jan. Decided to not extend my motor plan after the last service as I was planning to sell my car in March already - Murphy's law the compressor blew and I had to spend R12 000 on it today, what a costly visa delay ?. I hope and pray our grants are processed without hiccups.

• Like 1

The nerves are killing me. I wonder if they continue to work on these visas if the are not in line to be granted?

• Like 1

1982.........OUCH :o

Agent said this morning, this happens every year and we could expect to receive a decision early in July already. That is if it still flows like it used to.

Since we are just past the halfway mark on June I am busy with my planning again.

Hey Nicknel

Also started planning again, forced myself to forget about it for a couple months. Problem with planning though is the erratic emotions that come with it, for example I am sitting here in tears as I have just sold my wake board - ha ha (how pathetic), we won't have a boat in Aus so why keep a wake board is what my hubby said. I think it's just the emotional roller coaster of having to face reality which causes this behaviour.

Just waiting for visa grant before we can sell cars, tell friends and book flights - planning on going mid Sep. I pray there are no more delays or issues with the grant.

Hey 1982, luckily we have each other for support, as we all go through the same emotions. Me myself have so much mixed feelings, really excited to go but also very sad, bittersweet. All sorts of emotions come up when thinking about stuff like.. what if my son asks to go visit grandma (he is really close to her) how will/ should I handle it. What if he wants to go back to visit his friends and cousins? He is 3 so might not understand that we live too far away to just go visit. It is really hard.

I sold my car in Feb already, my husband still has his, we hoped to be in Aus by end of May. I also stopped working end of Feb, my husband has his own business and still operates fully. He will not be able to sell the company to other contractors but will sell his tools so one less thing to worry about there. We might not have space for our lounge suite or we have to get another move cube just for that so we are weighing up all the options. Just the thought of leaving the lounge suite makes me want to cry. Since it is genuine leather and will cost a fortune to replace the same quality lounge suite. My head hurts just thinking about it. OR we can send the boxes with all our photos and paperwork and toys separately, so the lounge suite will fit in the move cube. Anyway it will be a tight fit IF it works. Options Options.

And then there is the fear of flying........................................... :unsure: I am having nightmares at least twice a week. The first time I got on a plane I screemed for them to stop the plane, I was crying like a crazy person, offcourse everyone else thought that was funny and laughed at me especially because we were already in the air when I screemed. :blush: Then they brought me wine and all was fine!

We decided to leave between end of September and end of October but my husband MIGHT have a job offer so it depends on when they want him to start, so if we have to leave earlier then so be it. A company made him an offer in April but wanted him to start the first week in May (which was impossible as you know). And said the other day that we must resend his CV the moment we get our visa. So holding thumbs and praying.......

This give a new meaning to the word patience!!! Its torture in fact.

Hi Marcie,

I have to agree. I have never wished time away as I have this month......June be gone with you!!

• Like 1

Ja We are pretty Gatvol too, remember our position, we lodged in Jan, hoping to be away by now.

House sold

Business sold

1 car sold over the weekend actually

1 car left to sell

Waiting to go, and spending money living and waiting, cant really get a job as we may leave in a month or two, cant get involved in business either etc etc due to timeframe.

This really sucks - I don't think the Aussies realise how they toy with people's lives etc, now i Find myself getting cold feet as the process prolongs, and even thinking "what if we don't get the visa"? But I'm sure they wont make us wait this long for a no...

Pretty despondent at the moment, want to get to Aus and start earning some money :-(

All this uncertainty obviously creates tension in your relationship too, i know it should'nt, but it just does.

Roll on July - I need to start feeling more positive....

Trev

Well we got pro-active during the wait for a 190 reply and started sending CV out.

Worked out pretty well, got offered a 457 at an International organisation and I start in August. Busy wrapping up the last few things before we fly in a couple of weeks. At the sametime the 190 VISA still gets processed so all is working out for us and pretty excited to touch down and get cracking, living in limbo has not been fun (Also sold house early in the year).

Good luck guys!

• Like 1

Ja We are pretty Gatvol too, remember our position, we lodged in Jan, hoping to be away by now.

House sold

Business sold

1 car sold over the weekend actually

1 car left to sell

Waiting to go, and spending money living and waiting, cant really get a job as we may leave in a month or two, cant get involved in business either etc etc due to timeframe.

This really sucks - I don't think the Aussies realise how they toy with people's lives etc, now i Find myself getting cold feet as the process prolongs, and even thinking "what if we don't get the visa"? But I'm sure they wont make us wait this long for a no...

Pretty despondent at the moment, want to get to Aus and start earning some money :-(

All this uncertainty obviously creates tension in your relationship too, i know it should'nt, but it just does.

Roll on July - I need to start feeling more positive....

Trev

Hey Trevor,

Shew! not an easy position but I feel a little of your despondence..

I must say I myself felt in the same position the last few days, feeling very helpless in this process. I only lodged in April but everything was front loaded and here we sit....No Case Officer....and No idea where we sit in the BIG 190 Black hole ;) House is sold, cars sold (recently) wife resigned and I finished today.

Container arrives on Friday and clearance in 10 days. I truly believe its all in Gods time but it would be nice to hear something positive. I guess we all sit in the same boat and thus the reason we able to pull hope and strength from others in similar positions to us.

Hang in there and lets see what 1 July brings us - all the best !

We have also been waiting since Jan, we actually tried to lodge our application 3 times in Dec but there were technical glitches on their side, had it gone through I think we would have made the deadline.

It's all part of God's plan though so I have learnt to embrace it and am so grateful for the extra time with family.

Having said that...........it has still been very stressful yet exciting at the same time.

It's funny to think that our emotions and feelings will be completely different once we receive the visa.

Here's hoping next week we will be writing different posts :)

Good luck guys

Got a email from Aussie gov, my wife needs to have her medical redone after her treatment.... At least its not a no. Sure she would pass it then. Also had enough of waiting, at least we know more or less when we should have an answer.

• Like 1

Hi Guys. New to this forum. Is so great to see how much everyone helps each other out. I'm from Joburg and have been in Australia on a sports visa . I want to now stay on and get a skilled visa and therefore am collecting all the documents required. I would like to know how long your skills asessments took and with which Authority? If I only want to claim points for my qualifications and not my work experience, is this possible and would it shorten the length of the process?

Is it at all possible to at least get the visa process going online while waiting for skills assessment?

Thanks very much

I suggest you start a new thread with your question. There's a good chance it will be missed in here.

Hi Guys. New to this forum. Is so great to see how much everyone helps each other out. I'm from Joburg and have been in Australia on a sports visa . I want to now stay on and get a skilled visa and therefore am collecting all the documents required. I would like to know how long your skills asessments took and with which Authority? If I only want to claim points for my qualifications and not my work experience, is this possible and would it shorten the length of the process?

Is it at all possible to at least get the visa process going online while waiting for skills assessment?

Thanks very much

I suggest you start a new thread with your question. There's a good chance it will be missed in here.

Do you really think so? I'm sure people have knowledge of all these questions on this thread.

Mattcuz, your questions are :offtopic: . Just start a new thread and you will get all the answers you need mate. ;)