Processing time for 190 visa grants have slowed down :(

@black, min dae, before you know it you'll be surfing the waves in QLD.

@Parks, hope you're going do some visiting up here. Much nicer than Brissie and we have beaches. Shhhhh don't tell anyone about the Sunny Coast. :P

We should head out towards Brisbane for starters, at the end of January 2015, no job no people to stay at. We’ll just book a chalet or buy a tent, and explore for a few weeks until one of us gets a decent job where ever. Luckily it’s only me and wifey, so we can pretty much just wing it. Best of luck with all your plans Parks.

Hi HEOJJ,

I am sure we will coming up your way shortly after arriving as we want to start looking for a place asap....feel bad for our mates, 5 of us in their house is not going to be too much fun. Will pm you once we know our plans.

• Like 1

Depending on when you're up here, may be a reunion. :ilikeit:

• Like 1

By far the Sunny Coast. Unless you are into the Vegas type lifestyle then the Goldie might suit you better. Life up here is far more chilled and laid back which reflects inbthe crappy salaries I'm afraid.

Bummer, I see in the SAP space the rates are not nearly what I used to, but then the properties are cheaper and the quality of life is what m after, not money. I reckon it will be about 30% cheaper in Brissie than Perth. So that offsets the loss of revenue I reckon.

Don't kid yourself boet. When the salary is half what you could be earning and the work just as hard, it matters. Most people here rent because the salary isn't enough to afford buying a house.

• Like 1

Visa granted!!! I am so relieved. Good luck with all of you who are still waiting.

Thats great news Black, congrats!

Ok now i feel really depressed ;)

@Black, that's awesome news, congratulations. :ilikeit:

@Markl41, before you know you'll have that visa and will be wondering where the time has gone. ;)

• Like 1

Thats great news Black, congrats!

Ok now i feel really depressed ;)

It's a masterclass in patience Mark ;)

• Like 1

Then I should be the worlds leading guru on patience by now. :P

Ai nee man markl41...still nothing. Feeling for you. Stay positive

trev

YES...YES.. THE TIME HAS COME :) OUR VISA HAS ARRIVED !!!!!!!!

Thank you to my wonderful forum family for all the support over the past few months, I won't lie it hasn't been easy but DAMN, what a state of shock at the moment. We leave next week Wednesday, so I'm a soon to be Austalian resident :)

The best of luck to all those still waiting or about to start the process, keep the faith, this is most certainly a test of patience...

Cheers!!

• Like 5

Hey Mark, congratulations on the visa grant, that's awesome news. One would expect to be excited about the grant but in reality I think we all end up more in shock that it's happened and then after that the relief sets in. It's only really after you climb on the plane that you truly start feeling excited. :ilikeit:

• Like 1

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you Mark. Good luck on the next biggest adventure of your life. Wishing you and your family all the best.

• Like 1

Congratulations and celebrations, I want the world to know I'm happy as can be for you Mark!!!!! ☺ :-))

Enjoy the trip.

• Like 1