PR visa Processing Times

Octavius

Bronwyn

It's just too soon to tell really. No one actually knows how the processing is going to pan out after the system changed in September, and remember that the government changed as well in the meantime. It's not looking great, but let's hope they get themselves into gear soon. Things have been standing still for an awfully long time!

They will have to do police checks for SA. We had to do them when we moved from the UK, even though we had lived there for 7 years.

When we applied, it took ages for a case officer to be allocated, and once this happened, we were asked for our medicals and police checks within the week and then had our visas about 5 weeks later. This was on a different visa though. It looks like once the CO is appointed, things start moving.

I would not recommend front loading the medicals unless they are very sure they will have their visa and will be here within 12 months of the date of doing them.

This is the visa that takes the longest as far as I can make out. Have a look on BritishExpats as well. There are quite a lot of discussions on visa processing times etc. from the UK

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ready2go

• Dedrei

• vlooi

• Almost there

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can honestly say I no longer trust their processing timeline. Look at how many people on the forum received their CO and applied in May not end Jan 2007. I think they are being conservative...could be my wishful thinking though :ph34r:

Spoke to our agent yesterday and she said they've given up trying to understand when people are allocated a CO as there seems no set selection order. . . .which is evident when looking at forum members application dates, MODL satus, Job status.

Every morning when I check my email, I feel like a kid opening a lucky packet, thinking maybe today is my day :whome:

Hi,

When we applied on 31 October, we were told it could take anywhere from 2 weeks to 5 months.

We phoned after 3 weeks and were told that there weren't any case officers available, but when we are allocated one, it should go quick cos it was a complete application.

A mate phoned his CO, to see if he couldn't help out, and was told that I would have been allocated a CO, but to stop us phoning they tell us there isn't one.

So I found out today that I had a CO when they requested info (basically to see the originals of docs already provided), which was submitted, and then 2 hours later my PR was granted. So that took 10 weeks from date of submission, and 8 weeks from their acknowledgement.

Hope that helps...

Edited by Overtaker

Guest Bronwyn

Thank you for your answers guys. I can't say I really get it though :huh:

What does this mean?:-

Offshore Applications received after 1 September 2007: receipting and

acknowledging applications received on 03 January 2008.

It's as clear as mud to me.... :lol:

BTW I forgot to say that they had done their SA and UK police clearances in 2006, when they first applied, and then haven't been back to SA since. I'm sill not sure if they would need to redo them....presume yes then?

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

the latest update on processing....the 135 queue moved one day since Jan 14!! the waiting is terrible.

PROCESSING AND ALLOCATION INFORMATION - For the week of 21 January 2008

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated

to case officers for further processing.

Onshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Student/Graduate applications - Class DD and DE visas

Paper based applications: 6 July 2007 (subclass 880), 25 July 2007

(subclass 881) and 16 August 2007 (subclass 882)

E-lodged (on-line) applications: 22July 2007 (subclass 880) and 20 August

2007 (subclass 881) and 20 August 2007 (subclass 882)

Onshore Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) (SIR) – Class UX visas

All applications: all applications are now allocated to case officers

New Zealand Citizen (Residence) - Class DB visas

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ,

BR, UX and UZ visas

(Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496): 1 February 2007

e-lodged Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) applications: 17 August

General Skilled Migration visas– Class VE, VF,VB and VC visas

(subclasses 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, 485 and 487)

E-lodged (on-line) applications: 21 September 2007

Paper based applications: allocations yet to commence

If a visa application was made more than two weeks before the relevant date

shown above and you have not been contacted by a case officer please

contact the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre from the web page

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa-enqui...ofessionals.htm

For those of us that applied in late August 07 and are still awaiting "acknowledging", there was also only one-day's movement in the last 7 days!

So, hang in there and happy waiting.

" As of 21 January the ASPC Admin Section is processing applications as

follows:

Onshore Applications: receipting and acknowledging applications received on

17 January 2008.

Offshore Applications received after 1 September 2007: receipting and acknowledging applications received on 09 January 2008.

Offshore Applications received prior to 1 September 2007:

All applications with a valid payment have now been receipted. The ASPC is acknowledging applications received on 14 August 2007.

Please note that any delay in acknowledging an application does not affect the date on which a valid application is recorded as having been received and does not delay processing of the application.

Once an application has been acknowledged it will be allocated to a case officer for further assessment as soon as possible, however, the ASPC receives a large number of applications and you will not be contacted immediately."

• 2 weeks later...

After 2 weeks, here is the latest update on movement (or not):

RECEIPTING AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF APPLICATIONS

As of 5 February the ASPC Admin Section is processing applications as

follows:

4 February 2008.

acknowledging applications received on 4 February 2008.

All applications with a valid payment have now been receipted. The ASPC

is acknowledging offshore applications received on 20 August 2007.

PROCESSING AND ALLOCATION INFORMATION - For the week of 5 February 2008

Paper based applications: 6 July 2007 (subclass 880), 28 August 2007

(subclass 881) and 28 August 2007 (subclass 882)

E-lodged (on-line) applications: 23 July 2007 (subclass 880) and 25 August

2007 (subclass 881) and 25 August 2007 (subclass 882)

BR, UX and UZ visas

(Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496): 15 February 2007

(subclasses 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, 485 and 487)

E-lodged (on-line) applications: 21 September 2007

Paper based applications: allocations yet to commence

If a visa application was made more than two weeks before the relevant date

shown above and you have not been contacted by a case officer please

contact the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre from the web page

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa-enqui...ofessionals.htm

Yip, it's time again for the weekly update on processing of applications:

For those of us that applied during the last week of Aug 07 for the old 136-visa, the waiting continues to receive "acknowledgement" - hang in there, we're getting there slowly.

" ...This is an automated e-mail response from the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre (ASPC) to provide general information about application processing.

Communicating with this office

Information on making telephone or email enquiries to the ASPC is located at http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa-enqui...ofessionals.htm

Please note that the departmental officers who email out the acknowledgement letters are not able to respond to enquiries sent to their individual email addresses.

RECEIPTING AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF APPLICATIONS

As of 12 February the ASPC Admin Section is processing applications as

follows:

8 February 2008.

Offshore Applications received after 1 September 2007: receipting and acknowledging applications received on 8 February 2008.

All applications with a valid payment have now been receipted. The ASPC is acknowledging offshore applications received on 23 August 2007.

PROCESSING AND ALLOCATION INFORMATION - For the week of 12 February 2008

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated to case officers for further processing.

Paper based applications: 26 July 2007 (subclass 880), 28 August 2007 (subclass 881) and 28 August 2007 (subclass 882)

E-lodged (on-line) applications: 25 July 2007 (subclass 880) and 29 August

2007 (subclass 881) and 29 August 2007 (subclass 882)

Onshore Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) (SIR) – Class UX visas All applications: all applications are now allocated to case officers

New Zealand Citizen (Residence) - Class DB visas All applications: all applications are now allocated to case officers

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ, BR, UX and UZ visas (Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496): 28 February 2007

General Skilled Migration visas– Class VE, VF,VB and VC visas (subclasses 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, 485 and 487)

E-lodged (on-line) applications: 16 October 2007

Paper based applications: 11 September 2007

If a visa application was made more than two weeks before the relevant date shown above and you have not been contacted by a case officer please contact the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre from the web page http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa-enqui...ofessionals.htm ...."

General Skilled Migration visas– Class VE, VF,VB and VC visas (subclasses 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, 485 and 487)

E-lodged (on-line) applications: 16 October 2007

Paper based applications: 11 September 2007

AT LAST!! movement.

now where is my visa!!

Hi, here is my comments next to your questions, Good luck to your family!

1) When can they expect to receive a CO? - Sometimes you don't even get a CO, But i would say around 10 March

2) When can they expect to receive their Visa? - Around April, once Meds and PCC is finalized

3) Their police clearances from South Africa have expired, but since they have not been back to South Africa since they were issued, they want to know whether it will be necessary to redo them? Obviously they could not have committed any crimes in SA if they are in England - I think if you stay in a country for more than a year you should obtain a police clearance from them and one from SA because they check your record eversince you were 18 years old.

4) Will it be helpfull to frontload the meds or should they just wait? They will have to go in England as that is where they have lived for 6 years. - YES, do you MEDS & PCC

Their son is turning 4 in a few months and he is supposed to start school in England but they are holding him back so he can rather start in Australia next year. - Wait for Visa

For those of us that applied during the last week of Aug 07 for the old 136-visa, the waiting continues to receive "acknowledgement" - hang in there, we're getting there slowly.

Hey MM Pta

And so ... we wait some more!!! Only moved 3 days this week - oh boy! Guess we must just "maar vasbyt"!

RoMar

Hi Mercia

The latest processing times is on the bottom of page 14 dd 12 Feb 08.

It is normally updated each Tuesday and you can obtain it by sending a blank e-mail to: aspc.processing@immi.gov.au

Please note that most people are way ahead of this schedule eg CO allocation for paper based before 1 Sept 07 is now: 28 Feb 07, but if you check the SA timelines on: http://www.freewebs.com/saaustraliaforum/ you will see that most who applied in Feb 07 have already received their visas, and some that applied in July 07, have already been allocated a CO.

Hope this help.

Regards

MM Pta

ps. RoMar - ja nee, in ons geval is dit agter-os kom ook in die kraal!!

Here we go again for the week of 19 Feb 08 - the "acknowledgement" for the pre-1 Sept 07 applications move ONE day, while the CO allocations at least showed movement of between 5 to 13 days for some categories.

And so the waiting continues.........

As of 19 February the ASPC Admin Section is processing applications as

follows:

18 February 2008.

Offshore Applications received after 1 September 2007: receipting and acknowledging applications received on 18 February 2008.

All applications with a valid payment have now been receipted. The ASPC is acknowledging offshore applications received on 24 August 2007.

PROCESSING AND ALLOCATION INFORMATION - For the week of 19 February 2008

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated to case officers for further processing.

Paper based applications: 1 August 2007 (subclass 880), 29 August 2007 (subclass 881) and 29 August 2007 (subclass 882)

E-lodged (on-line) applications: 26 July 2007 (subclass 880) and 29 August

2007 (subclass 881) and 29 August 2007 (subclass 882)

Onshore Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) (SIR) – Class UX visas All applications: all applications are now allocated to case officers

New Zealand Citizen (Residence) - Class DB visas All applications: all applications are now allocated to case officers

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ, BR, UX and UZ visas (Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496): 6 March 2007

E-lodged (on-line) applications: 29 October 2007

Paper based applications: 16 September 2007

E-lodged (on-line) applications: 29 October 2007 :):angry::o

Paper based applications: 16 September 2007

Mate!! Where's my CO? They are past the date I applied on?????? HELLO!!!!!!!!!

*sigh*

Here we go again for the week of 19 Feb 08 - the "acknowledgement" for the pre-1 Sept 07 applications move ONE day

They must have received a lot of applications in the last week of August from people who were gonna be affected by the 1 September changes. Our application was delivered on 26 August and I was so hoping for acknowledgement this week. :blush:

Hi nc74

They cover your case with "If a visa application was made more than two weeks before the relevant date shown above and you have not been contacted by a case officer please contact the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre from the web page http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa-enqui...onals.htm"

So, I hope your confirmation of CO allocation is somewhere enroute via cyberspace, or that you are one of those lucky-ones who just receive the visa granted e-mail because you've submitted all your docs & medicals (I hope). Otherwise, you have to wait for the two weeks to past & then ask ASPC.

ps to Lindie - we submitted on 27 Aug, so moving a-day-per-week means at worst (or maybe best case scenario) another 3 weeks of waiting. On the bright side for you, it will only be two weeks (LOL or not - dit is na amper ses maande se wag nie meer so snaaks nie!!)

Edited by MM Pta

Hey there MMPta thanks for the PM!! Much appreciated. We have frontloaded everything and applied online so we can "see" when we have a CO. Our status page will/should read "being processed further" which ours doesn't :( but like you say I'll contact them when their date reaches 9 Nov. If it keeps moving at this rate for onliners that should be next week. :jester::hug::unsure:

Thanks for the tip........ :holy:

I see the 175 paper applications are now on the 16th September.

Our application is receipted the 13th September, so how long before we get a case officer?

(The reason why I ask is that I have a bet with my husband, I said we would get our case officer in February :jester: , and he said in April :hug: I HAVE to be right, just once! :unsure: ).

I see the 175 paper applications are now on the 16th September.

Our application is receipted the 13th September, so how long before we get a case officer?

(The reason why I ask is that I have a bet with my husband, I said we would get our case officer in February :D , and he said in April :) I HAVE to be right, just once! :blush: ).

Hi,

I hope you did not place too much on this bet!!! (Just joking)

At least you should have one soon and all the waiting should fade in the excitement!

Good luck

We have our case officer!!!

I won my bet (in the nick of time) :ilikeit:

Excellent! Hope all goes smoooothly with the CO...

Waiting is the worst part.

Found the following site that may help (if someone has already posted it then apologies here it is again)

http://www.austimeline.com/

This is a site for people who have applied for Australian immigration visas. It allows users to record some details about their application and important dates in the process. This way everyone can form better expectations of what the waiting time is.

Hope it helps

:ilikeit:

Just got it:

The ASPC is currently receipting new applications within service standards.

Once an application has been receipted it undergoes validity checking and

an acknowledgement letter with client information and a receipt will be

sent. If an application is determined to be invalid documents will be

returned and a refund of the visa application charge arranged.

As of 4 March 2008 the ASPC Admin Section is processing applications as

follows:

29 February 2008.

acknowledging applications received on 29 February 2008.

All applications with a valid payment have now been receipted. The ASPC is

acknowledging offshore applications received on 27 August 2007.

Please note that any delay in acknowledging an application does not affect

the date on which a valid application is recorded as having been received

and does not delay processing of the application.

Once an application has been acknowledged it will be allocated to a case

officer for further assessment as soon as possible, however, the ASPC

receives a large number of applications and you will not be contacted

immediately.

PROCESSING AND ALLOCATION INFORMATION - For the week of 4 March 2008

Applications Lodged Before 1 September 2007

Subclass 880: 8 August 2007 (paper), 26 July 2007 (e-lodged)

Subclass 881: 29 August 2007 (paper), 29 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Subclass 882: 29 August 2007 (paper), 29 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Subclass 495: All applications: all applications are now allocated to case

officers

Subclass 861, 862 and 863: all applications are now allocated to case

officers

Offshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

BR, UX and UZ visas

Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496: 19 March 2007

e-lodged Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) applications

Subclass 495: 17 August 2007

Applications Lodged After 1 September 2007

Subclasses: 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, 485, and 487

E-lodged: 1 November 2007

Paper lodged: 16 September 2007