PR visa Processing Times

Octavius

O my word!! :whome: look 175 e-lodged NOW 1 November 2007 and check my time line!!!! :blush:

Hope they don't stand still for 2 weeks like last week, then we should be next week Tuesday!!!!! :ilikeit:

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ready2go

• Dedrei

• vlooi

• Almost there

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ai, this is so exciting! It's like playing an online game - every week you check the progress of the "game" :ilikeit: Okay, I KNOW it's not a game, but this whole waiting game is driving me up the walls! And we only lodged in January :thumbdown:

Well I don't care what they say, 'cause we're STILL waiting. I think the only time you'll have a good indication is when your CO contacts you or when you actually get your visa.

sorry feeling very despondent today :thumbdown:

Hi Aramat

My agent said that the whole process takes 6 months and i see it is 6 months for you say on 27 March. He also said the only time a CO contact you is if they need any aditional info. I think you've submitted all the docs, so hang in there. Sometimes they grant a visa with scipping a CO all together. Have you checked the progress lately? I check mine every 4 or so days.

I see you are from CT.

I promissed my kiddies that we will take a trip to CT before we go abroad, cause they've never been.

Holding thumps for you guys!!!!

Thanks for the support, we appreciate it!

I realise that we can only really complain after 6 mnths, but we are soooo close, we just want that piece of paper. Maybe it'll come for my b-day on the 19th :ilikeit:

my PR was lodged beginning of December 07. Only now received acknowledgement that it has been received....3 months later. I think the only reason I even received the acknowledgement was because I did the medicals in Feb and the DIAC has received them and loaded them. Forced them to acknowledge my application. This is me just speculating though. According to my agent because so many people are now lodging online it could take longer than 6 months. Hope she is wrong.

Here's the lastest from ASPC

RECEIPTING AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF APPLICATIONS

The ASPC is currently receipting new applications within service standards.

Once an application has been receipted it undergoes validity checking and an acknowledgement letter with client information and a receipt will be sent. If an application is determined to be invalid documents will be returned and a refund of the visa application charge arranged.

As of 11 March 2008 the ASPC Admin Section is processing applications as

follows:

Onshore Applications: receipting and acknowledging applications received on

6 March 2008.

Offshore Applications received after 1 September 2007: receipting and acknowledging applications received on 6 March 2008.

Offshore Applications received prior to 1 September 2007:

All applications with a valid payment have now been receipted. The ASPC is acknowledging offshore applications received on 27 August 2007.

Please note that any delay in acknowledging an application does not affect the date on which a valid application is recorded as having been received and does not delay processing of the application.

Once an application has been acknowledged it will be allocated to a case officer for further assessment as soon as possible, however, the ASPC receives a large number of applications and you will not be contacted immediately.

PROCESSING AND ALLOCATION INFORMATION - For the week of 11 March 2008

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated to case officers for further processing.

Applications Lodged Before 1 September 2007

Onshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Student/Graduate applications - Class DD and DE visas Subclass 880: 13 August 2007 (paper), 2 August 2007 (e-lodged) Subclass 881: 29 August 2007 (paper), 29 August 2007 (e-lodged) Subclass 882: 29 August 2007 (paper), 29 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Onshore Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) (SIR) – Class UX visas Subclass 495: All applications: all applications are now allocated to case officers

New Zealand Citizen (Residence) - Class DB visas Subclass 861, 862 and 863: all applications are now allocated to case officers

Offshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ, BR, UX and UZ visas Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496: 2 April 2007

e-lodged Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) applications Subclass 495: 17 August 2007

Applications Lodged After 1 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas– Class VE, VF,VB and VC visas

Subclasses: 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, 485, and 487

E-lodged: 1 November 2007

Paper lodged: 16 September 2007

The online date has not moved on. :D

O well, we'll see next tuesday.

Ag nee! On this rate we will never get there before July 2008 and still have to put property in the market. Don't want to do this before knowing that we have a visa. Weve's stayed in this house for 12 years!!!

But lets not be negative and wait a bit more!

Mercia, I'm sure that you should have a CO in the next two weeks. Maybe a good idea to put the house on the market now, because it is taking so long to sell these days.

This is unless you plan on flying out activate visa and then come back and sort it out then? If your visa comes through in April, it will leave you only until Nov to sort out everything according to your timeline, and still sell house.

Ag nee! On this rate we will never get there before July 2008 and still have to put property in the market. Don't want to do this before knowing that we have a visa. Weve's stayed in this house for 12 years!!!

We're in the same boat - applied on 9 Nov & are targeting July for take-off

Wow! The pre Sept 1 applications queue moved by 14 days...we are finally coming to our turn...we lodged Aug 17.

Wow! The pre Sept 1 applications queue moved by 14 days...we are finally coming to our turn...we lodged Aug 17.

:ph34r: Hi all November 2007 applications. (175 online)

Some of you might have noticed that I got a CO last week 04/03/2008 (got the e-mail on the 6th though it was dated to 4th)

My application was lodged 5 November 2007 - so I guess I am one of the lucky ones. :blink:

But, I have no idea how long I have to wait now that I have submitted the little form they asked me to sign. Any ideas?? ;)

I mean as soon as they finish mine they can start with one of yours!!! :blink:

But I will keep you all posted!

:boxing: Maria

Hi Everyone,

We are not living in SA presently and when I call the hotline number for immigration updates they say SA is about 12- 15 months for processing from the time the 175 is lodged. I am noticing shorter periods since I have been watching the forum. What time frame are we looking at ? Is it as long as 12- 15 months ? Any info would help.

Thank you :blink:

Hi Everyone,

We are not living in SA presently and when I call the hotline number for immigration updates they say SA is about 12- 15 months for processing from the time the 175 is lodged. I am noticing shorter periods since I have been watching the forum. What time frame are we looking at ? Is it as long as 12- 15 months ? Any info would help.

Hi jmaggs,

From what I could gather you are looking at just over 4 months for a case officer, but with the increased number of applications it will probably extend about 6 months soon. If there are no delays, e.g. missing documents etc. it seems to be 6 - 8 weeks from then to receive the grant. (maybe some others have more precise experience as these are ball park figures gathered from some posts)

I have now heard that some agents are receiving up to 25 applications per day - that's for 1 immigration agent. So, unless the ASPC up their number of staff it will start to go slower due to the volumes that must be processed. Obviously it will take a bit of time to filter through the system.

Cheers,

DKH

Hi jmaggs,

From what I could gather you are looking at just over 4 months for a case officer, but with the increased number of applications it will probably extend about 6 months soon. If there are no delays, e.g. missing documents etc. it seems to be 6 - 8 weeks from then to receive the grant. (maybe some others have more precise experience as these are ball park figures gathered from some posts)

I have now heard that some agents are receiving up to 25 applications per day - that's for 1 immigration agent. So, unless the ASPC up their number of staff it will start to go slower due to the volumes that must be processed. Obviously it will take a bit of time to filter through the system.

Cheers,

DKH

Hi DKH,

Thanks for your reply, gosh that sounds a lot shorter to what we were told on the hotline number- that would be a blessing in disguise, even 6 months sounds short. Yes I can see there are lots of people leaving SA..... not surprised at all. I am watching the visa timeline for SA too. This site is great for all the info.

thanks again...

jmaggs

Guest Aussiegirl

Hi jmaggs

We applied online for our 175 on the 25 October and got a CO on the 27 Feb - 4mths!! :lol::ilikeit: Our CO told us our file is ready for allocation to a Decision Maker so we should hear something any day now as they also said no further docs are required...........

Hi jmaggs

We applied online for our 175 on the 25 October and got a CO on the 27 Feb - 4mths!! :lol::ilikeit: Our CO told us our file is ready for allocation to a Decision Maker so we should hear something any day now as they also said no further docs are required...........

Hi 'Aussiegirl'

That must be great news for you guys... thanks for replying I am new to all of this and right now my husband is still completing his RPL for ACS. We am hoping to lodge by July.... there was no ways that I thought this was the time frame, as I mentioned the 1 800 number told me 12 - 18 months for SA....

Best of luck for everything....

jmaggs

Hi Everyone,

I would say a good 6 - 8 months for allocation of case officer and then who knows anything from 2 - 7 weeks before an answer.

Hope that helps

B

Hope that helps

That helped me - thanks Just B.... was wondering myself... the wait is killing me...

I would say a good 6 - 8 months for allocation of case officer and then who knows anything from 2 - 7 weeks before an answer.

Hope that helps

B

Just B

Thank you for your input , anything helps.....

jmaggs

Good Day All

I am new to this forum and am hoping someone can help shed some light on our application timeline.

We had our 136 Skilled Independent PR visa application lodged on 26 June 2007.

We then received our file reference number on 6 October 2007.

IELTS test successful and sent in November 2007.

The PCC's and medicals were then sent in January on request from our Migration Agent.

Since then we have heard nothing.

My questions are these:

When will we get allocated a Case Officer?

How much longer have we to go until the visa's are approved?

Our Migration agent tells us that we are still withing the 54 week time frame and cannot do anything further!

The waiting is driving us nuts as we have sold our house and need accomodation until we go (hopefully June 2008) but for how long?

I would appreciate any help someone could give us as to our time frame.

Thank you in advance

The Murray's

Hi there

We have similar timelines to you (almost exact actually), see signature for details. Review the timelines spreadsheet and you will notice that in some cases a CO is assigned (or you are notified thereof) right at the end, I think because you frontloaded the IELTS, meds & PC, this might be the case with your appl. When we were notified that we had a CO, it also included the meds & PC request. Not sure, but that's what I have made out looking at the timelines submitted. There are quite a few of us in this stage and I fully understand and relate to the waiting stress, and sadly there is nothing much one can do about it but wait some more. Easier said than done hey?

Wishing you good news soon, be sure to make a posting so we can celebrate with you :whome:

Bye for now

Cheryse

Thank you Cheryse

It is reassuring to know there are others in the same boat as us.

Perhaps we have the same Migration Agents, but at least yours is informing you of progress?

Cheers

Rod