• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ready2go

• Dedrei

• vlooi

• Almost there

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't panic. Let's give DIAC's people time to do their job properly. If there is a major change that affect applicants, they will for sure let us know, officially.

I have been reading the latest legislation changes and nothing realy to worry about, at least for now.

I guess that they have a very "nasty" application or set of them, lodged in December that require deep investigation. They will not move in dates unless they sort these cases. But they keep quite well in advance processing newer cases, I would guess February an March applications... and then suddenly we will be shocked by a 40 to 50 days move.

Just keep positive mind and enjoy this waiting game.

The weekly update is here now, but with no movement from last week on 175 and 176 applications :

As of 29 October 2008 the ASPC Administration Section is processing

applications as follows:

Onshore Applications: receipting and acknowledging paper based applications

received on 27 October 2008.

Offshore Applications: receipting and acknowledging applications received

on 27 October 2008.

Once an application has been acknowledged it will be allocated to a case

officer for further assessment as soon as possible, however, as GSM

Adelaide receives a large number of applications and you will not be

contacted immediately.

ASPC PROCESSING INFORMATION - For the week of 28 October 2008

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated

to case officers for further processing.

Skilled Migration Applications lodged before 1 September 2007

Onshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Student/Graduate applications - Class DD and DE visas

Subclass 880: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Subclass 881: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Subclass 882: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Offshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ,

BR, UX and UZ visas

Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496: 21 July 2007

General Skilled Migration (GSM) visas processed by ASPC

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VE

Subclass: 175

E-lodged: 07 December 2007

Paper lodged: 15 October 2007

Subclass: 176

E-lodged: 11 December 2007

Paper lodged: 20 November 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VF

Subclasses: 475, and 476

E-lodged: 03 December 2007

Paper lodged: 27 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VB

Subclasses: 885, 886, and 887

E-lodged: Now processed by the Brisbane Skilled Processing Centre.

All cases processed in Adelaide have been allocated.

Paper lodged: 16 May 2008

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VC subclass 487 only

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VC subclass 485 only

E-lodged: 1 February 2008 (applications lodged before 1 July 2008

only)

Paper lodged: 01 February 2008

Sasher I would rather watch my nails grow........

At least you have nails that grow !!! I'd be waiting forever........mind you, I did wait forever !!!!

Nix

If you don't get your visa tomorrow I'll....

How do you cope??? I get up all hours of the night checking" view newest posts" to see your post saying "WE GOT IT" I can only imagine what you're going thru'

It better be tomorrow

I've just noticed on the timeline that Icarstens got his/her visa 175 today!(becoming like a FBI-agent... :thumbdown: )

Congratulations! And good luck! :lol:

Nix

If you don't get your visa tomorrow I'll....

How do you cope??? I get up all hours of the night checking" view newest posts" to see your post saying "WE GOT IT" I can only imagine what you're going thru'

It better be tomorrow

And still no final visa !!!! My patience has been tested these last couple of months, but as I know we are in the final stages, I am feeling alot better.....

Hopefully Monday !!!

Cheers!

Nix

Dont worry, you know you have it actually, BUT I can understand that you still want THE letter in your paws! <_<

I am sure the answer to my question is somewhere on these 48 pages but I don't have the time to go through them all. I was assigned a CO last month and I was wondering if someone can give me an idea as to how long it takes them to grant the visa (175) once the CO is assigned.

thanks

I am sure the answer to my question is somewhere on these 48 pages but I don't have the time to go through them all. I was assigned a CO last month and I was wondering if someone can give me an idea as to how long it takes them to grant the visa (175) once the CO is assigned.

thanks

We are in the same position with a CO assigned last month and nothing further. It seems as though it can take anything from a day or two to an average of 4-6 weeks and even up to a few months in some cases (usually problematic cases or when medicals and PCC's were not forntloaded). Did the CO ask for more additional info and are you working through an angent??

I'm working through an agent (network migration). The medical examinations were frontloaded. I had to redo my police clearance which has now come through finally (as it had expired) and has been sent to them. the DIAC messed up and added my mother as an applicant which she is not so I had to send through a change of circumstances form. I noticed today they loaded on 30 Oct that more info requested. I hope this doesn't mean it goes back to the end of the pile. I am in a job I hate in sydney (employer sponsored) and need to get my residency in order to find something else.

feeling very anxious about this. Hating my job does not make it any easier. :-(

:ph34r:

I'm working through an agent (network migration). The medical examinations were frontloaded. I had to redo my police clearance which has now come through finally (as it had expired) and has been sent to them. the DIAC messed up and added my mother as an applicant which she is not so I had to send through a change of circumstances form. I noticed today they loaded on 30 Oct that more info requested. I hope this doesn't mean it goes back to the end of the pile. I am in a job I hate in sydney (employer sponsored) and need to get my residency in order to find something else.

feeling very anxious about this. Hating my job does not make it any easier. :-(

My husband's non-migrating son was also added to our application as migrating, also causing a mess! (get this funny feeling we had the same agent...similar mistake, similar silence since.... ;):rolleyes: )My agent had her correcting that mess and agent send the additional info regarding my work experience through the very next day after she was assigned and absolutely nothing changed since then. It is now 3 weeks today...When did you get your CO?

I understand hating your job does not make it easier... :( as I am in the same situation! It is driving me actually to resign today... :blink: without a visa... :ph34r: but to stay mentally sane...so no advice but just a big :hug: Keep us updated please!

Thanks for the hug, it is definitely needed. Its a bit strange we have the same problem. I was assigned a CO at the end of Sept. My 175 was loaded online on 12 Dec '07. Are you already in Oz, if so which state are you in? I am in NSW and working in Sydney. My company have me doing a job which does not match the job title or description but I am stuck. Can't wait to resign, but the need for the visa and money keeps me where I am.

Are you also with Network Migration? I will be phoning them tomorrow (thank goodness for Skype) to get an update. My nerves are frayed!!!!

Good luck and also keep me posted on your updates. I am just worried my application might be denied because of the mistake with my mother.

thanks

Hi there

Our PR was granted in Oct 2007, it took 6 weeks from the time our CO was appointed, we had supplied all the info required, medicals, PCC's, etc and they did not ask for anything extra.

Hang in there, this is probably the worst time as it is soooo close, yet sooooo far....

Cheers

LauraV

Thanks Laura

I think everyone in South Africa will hear me cheering from Sydney when the PR comes through. Trying to be positive!!!!!

Thanks for the hug, it is definitely needed. Its a bit strange we have the same problem. I was assigned a CO at the end of Sept. My 175 was loaded online on 12 Dec '07. Are you already in Oz, if so which state are you in? I am in NSW and working in Sydney. My company have me doing a job which does not match the job title or description but I am stuck. Can't wait to resign, but the need for the visa and money keeps me where I am.

Are you also with Network Migration? I will be phoning them tomorrow (thank goodness for Skype) to get an update. My nerves are frayed!!!!

Good luck and also keep me posted on your updates. I am just worried my application might be denied because of the mistake with my mother.

Applied 19 Jan and got CO 13/10. We are currently working in the UK for nearly 3 years already and is working through an agent here who is really good! We are NOT on British passports, (SA passports) but have a British migration agent.

My agent promised to follow CO up next week after the 28 days (to provide the additional info as requested) has expired. With your 28 days period over, it MUST be near now! Is your agent willing to follow up? I've read on BE about agents who do follow up after CO was assigned when nothing is heard, but then you get agents who do not believe in it. :lol:

I am also concerned that the initial mess by the CO is delaying everything. :lol: I still think we have the same CO...the CO at DIAC who decides who she thinks should go as well.... :lol:

My CO loaded a second "further information required" on 30 October. I hope that does not mean she doesn't look at my application till the 28 days after that expire. I will phone my agent tonight. I think she does phone but she does say if you push them it can go against you. I am afraid to rock the boat.

Did you have to send in a change of circumstances form to remove your son off the form?

I am checking the online status every day. If anxiety could move things along I would have the visa by now :rolleyes: Maybe we do have the same CO - one who doesn't pay attention!

We have a case officer!!! :ilikeit: Everything says "met" except for the PCCs, and we should be receiving those in the next week or so. I will be going to work with a big smile on my face today, and I haven't told anyone there. :cry: Good luck to everyone - they are working their way through everyone's applications.

Congratulations! Wow so close to the end of Jan, exctiting news for all of us. Hope you get your visa soon!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASPC PROCESSING INFORMATION - For the week of 3 November 2008

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated

to case officers for further processing.

Skilled Migration Applications lodged before 1 September 2007

Onshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Student/Graduate applications - Class DD and DE visas

Subclass 880: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Subclass 881: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Subclass 882: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Offshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ,

BR, UX and UZ visas

Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496: 23 July 2007

General Skilled Migration (GSM) visas processed by ASPC

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VE

Subclass: 175

E-lodged: 07 December 2007

Paper lodged: 15 October 2007

Subclass: 176

E-lodged: 11 December 2007

Paper lodged: 20 November 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VF

Subclasses: 475, and 476

E-lodged: 03 December 2007

Paper lodged: 27 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VB

Subclasses: 885, 886, and 887

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VC subclass 487 only

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VC subclass 485 only

E-lodged: 1 February 2008 (applications lodged before 1 July 2008

only)

Paper lodged: 04 February 2008

We have a case officer!!! :ilikeit: Everything says "met" except for the PCCs, and we should be receiving those in the next week or so. I will be going to work with a big smile on my face today, and I haven't told anyone there. :cry: Good luck to everyone - they are working their way through everyone's applications.

Congratulations :P , I am soooo jealous!

This waiting game is making me crack :ilikeit: