PR visa Processing Times

Octavius

It looks like I actually might be the very last applicant from Aug 07 to be processed........I know the dates represent the worst case scanerio, but does it have to be me that experiences the "worst case scenario" !!!!!!!!

They are processing 16 July......and I submitted 23 Aug.......wonder how much longer before they pick mine up from the pile!?

Nix

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ready2go

• Dedrei

• vlooi

• Almost there

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks like I actually might be the very last applicant from Aug 07 to be processed........I know the dates represent the worst case scanerio, but does it have to be me that experiences the "worst case scenario" !!!!!!!!

They are processing 16 July......and I submitted 23 Aug.......wonder how much longer before they pick mine up from the pile!?

Nix

Is the processing time of a 136 and 138 suppose to be the same? Are there any other August 2007 applicants left on the BE timeline?

I am not even sure if the "rules" apply anymore........136 and 138 are supposed to be the same, but in reality, that is not the case.

There are a few left on the BE timeline.....but then I am not sure that everyone is updating their timings - the forum has lost some people since a year ago.

It is raining outside - unchracteristic for this little island......and the dark weather outside kind of fits my mood....

Really hoping for something this week......

Nix

Alright, so no one has absolute clarity on the timeline. All one big guessing game! Sounds like fun.

Friends of ours who lodged in mid January got their visa, which is very exciting and gives us hope, but may I ask who lodged beginning of July '08? Can we predict that the process is speeding up so those from July can esitmate 6 months from now or are we just fooling ourselves?

Nothing like waiting :ilikeit:

Friends of ours who lodged in mid January got their visa, which is very exciting and gives us hope, but may I ask who lodged beginning of July '08? Can we predict that the process is speeding up so those from July can esitmate 6 months from now or are we just fooling ourselves?

Dee Dee,

The DIAC website quotes up to 15 months processing time visas lodged by folks from so-called "high risk" countries (South Africa is one of those). To me, anything sooner is a bonus. It is entirely possible for some visas to be lodged and granted within 6 months, but those are the exception - not the rule. If you examine those that were granted quickly over the last 12 months, it was either because they lodged soon after the new visa types were introduced (i.e. lodged during sept / oct / nov 2007) or the applicants were South African citizens who were also holding British passports.

I cannot find information anywhere regarding how many visa apps are processed each month, nor how many visa apps are ahead of ours in the queue. If we knew that, then we could guesstimate when a CO might be assigned to our app. One can certainly do a few things to speed up the processing of ones application - by ensuring it is all in order to begin with, by lodging electronically & by making sure you complete your meds and police clearances between 3 and 6 months after lodging. Apart from that, all one can do is play the waiting game.

Tex

Edited by Tex

Dee Dee,

The DIAC website quotes up to 15 months processing time visas lodged by folks from so-called "high risk" countries (South Africa is one of those). To me, anything sooner is a bonus. It is entirely possible for some visas to be lodged and granted within 6 months, but those are the exception - not the rule. If you examine those that were granted quickly over the last 12 months, it was either because they lodged soon after the new visa types were introduced (i.e. lodged during sept / oct / nov 2007) or the applicants were South African citizens who were also holding British passports.

I cannot find information anywhere regarding how many visa apps are processed each month, nor how many visa apps are ahead of ours in the queue. If we knew that, then we could guesstimate when a CO might be assigned to our app. One can certainly do a few things to speed up the processing of ones application - by ensuring it is all in order to begin with, by lodging electronically & by making sure you complete your meds and police clearances between 3 and 6 months after lodging. Apart from that, all one can do is play the waiting game.

Tex

Thanks Tex, we appreciate your input.

We have done everything possible for the application, so we really are just waiting and waiting like everyone else. Other people we know also got their visas in approximately 10 months, so we thought we would work on that timeline and the freinds who got their in 8 months and 3 weeks. (No Brit passports either) Based on their timeslines we esitmate a total of 10 months waiting and therefore approximately 6 months left? At least that is what we are hoping for.

DeeDee

Hope it is just 10 months and you can join us in Brisbane in April/May. we'll try and get the spare room ready for you guys. :lol:

J&j

Jacques & Jacqui

I hope it is just 10 months.......we are coming up for 14 and still waiting.......

Watch this space !

Nix

I hope it is just 10 months.......we are coming up for 14 and still waiting.......

Tomorrow will be 10 months for us. Read earlier this week that a paper-lodged app (3rd Dec 07) had been assigned to a CO. Hopefully not too much longer!

Tex

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASPC PROCESSING INFORMATION - For the week of 21 October 2008

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated

to case officers for further processing.

Skilled Migration Applications lodged before 1 September 2007

Onshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Student/Graduate applications - Class DD and DE visas

Subclass 880: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Subclass 881: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Subclass 882: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Offshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ,

BR, UX and UZ visas

Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496: 19 July 2007

General Skilled Migration (GSM) visas processed by ASPC

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VE

Subclass: 175

E-lodged: 07 December 2007

Paper lodged: 15 October 2007

Subclass: 176

E-lodged: 11 December 2007

Paper lodged: 20 November 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VF

Subclasses: 475, and 476

E-lodged: 30 November 2007

Paper lodged: 27 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VB

Subclasses: 885, 886, and 887

E-lodged: Now processed by the Brisbane Skilled Processing Centre.

All cases processed in Adelaide have been allocated.

Paper lodged: 02 May 2008

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VC subclass 487 only

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VC subclass 485 only

E-lodged: 1 February 2008 (applications lodged before 1 July 2008

only)

Paper lodged: 01 February 2008

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated

to case officers for further processing.

Good news folks:

we got a CO today!!!

Tex

Good news folks:

we got a CO today!!!

Tex

Tex! COngratulations!!! :rolleyes: I am so happy for you!

Thanks vlooi, Smartie & odelia. Ja if you didn't have patience at the start of this process, you certainly have it at the end.

Jellybean added a post today - they got their visa now. Waited 14 months....eish.

Tex

I do a lot of reading on this forum and have picked up a lot of information, thanks to you all.

I have just e.mailed my agent and was told that I do have a case officer :ilikeit: , I was unaware of this, I received a case officer on the 30th September 2008. :ilikeit:

So for those watching :blink: the timelines here is my info. (P.S. I have updated the timeline)

E.lodged for 176 Visa on the 10-12-07

Loaded medicals in about April 2008

Loaded Police Clearance on the 25-9-2008.

Heading for Perth on a South African Passport.

G.Shaw :ilikeit:

Congratulations on your Case officer. Hope the visa follows soon!

Congrats Tex and Shaw on case officers. Glad to see some progress! Makes the rest of us waiting patiently, have a little bit more hope. Movement is happening and that is good! :ilikeit:

Tomorrow is Tuesday. I guess we will see DIAC having jumped magically from December to February. Do you remember that time when they jumped 35 days in one week? This is what we have to pray for all the time to see it happening. I LOVE THIS WAITING GAME. B)

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated to case officers for further processing.

Skilled Migration Applications lodged before 1 September 2007

Onshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Student/Graduate applications - Class DD and DE visas Subclass 880: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged) Subclass 881: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged) Subclass 882: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Offshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ, BR, UX and UZ visas Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496: 19 July 2007

Subclass: 176

E-lodged: 11 December 2007

Paper lodged: 20 November 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VF

Subclasses: 475, and 476

E-lodged: 30 November 2007

Paper lodged: 27 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VB

Subclasses: 885, 886, and 887

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VC subclass 487 only

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VC subclass 485 only

E-lodged: 1 February 2008 (applications lodged before 1 July 2008

only)

Paper lodged: 01 February 2008

If a visa application was made more than two weeks before the relevant date shown above and you have not been contacted by a case officer please contact GSM Adelaide from the web page http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa-enqui...ofessionals.htm

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS ABOUT BRISBANE SKILLED PROCESSING CENTRE

From 1 July 2008 certain General Skilled Migration applications are now being processed in Brisbane.

The Brisbane office will now process the following General Skilled Migration visa applications that have been lodged electronically for Onshore applicants:

Class VB and VC.

Subclass 885, 886 and 487 applications lodged on or after 1 December 2007 Subclass 485 applications lodged on or after 1 March 2008 Subclass 887 applications lodged on or after 1 July 2008

Oops sorry just realised that it is still last weeks but this was what I got this morning. Hopefully there is a more up to date one later on today... :ilikeit:

Oops sorry just realised that it is still last weeks but this was what I got this morning. Hopefully there is a more up to date one later on today... :unsure:

Tuesdays are my special day of the week since the diac update comes on tuesdays. Got home today and the first thing I did was sending email and NOTHING YET!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

pieter

Tuesdays are my special day of the week since the diac update comes on tuesdays. Got home today and the first thing I did was sending email and NOTHING YET!!!!!!!!!! :unsure::lol:

pieter

I have been riding the same rollercoaster for the past 38 weeks!!!!!!!!! Monday was not a public holiday in Australia (not a published one anyway) so can't understand what the delay is...

Tex