PR visa Processing Times

Octavius

I wonder if it will be worth our while to send Hon Christopher Evans (Minister for Immigration and Citizenship) an e-mail as concerned South Africans about the time it is taking for 175 and 176, considering that he has stated how important it is to get skills into OZ, the revenue it generates etc. etc. Any thoughts??

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ready2go

• Dedrei

• vlooi

• Almost there

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see he is also Senator for Western Australia and can be contacted via:

http://www.aph.gov.au/senate/senators/home...tact.asp?id=AX5

I think the wording needs to be very carefully considered, but it might be worth it. There are all these 175 and 176 skills just waiting to add value.....

I agree with you about the feeling we start to get that SA applicants are being put on hold and taking extraordinary long to process. As we are living in the UK (but with SA passports) I am on the British website as well and they are MONTHS ahead of UK applicants.

On the brighter side...and I hope I understand this correct... :ilikeit: if you look at the SA timeline website, there are two 175 PR applicants from the end of March and beginning of April who have got CO's. They are both accountants.

Hi Guys

Just to clarify - it has nothing at all to do with South African applicants being put on hold. It has everything to do with South Africa being classed as a High Risk Country and the UK as a low risk country. Unfortunately for South African applicants, high risk countries take a lot longer to process as there are a lot more checks and balances to be done! Frustrating, I know.....

This is an automated e-mail response providing information about skilled

migration applications being processed in both the Adelaide Skilled

Processing Centre (ASPC) and the Brisbane Skilled Processing Centre (BSPC).

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS ABOUT ADELAIDE SKILLED PROCESSING CENTRE

ASPC PROCESSING INFORMATION - For the week of 01 September 2008

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated

to case officers for further processing.

Skilled Migration Applications lodged before 1 September 2007

Onshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Student/Graduate applications - Class DD and DE visas

Subclass 880: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Subclass 881: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Subclass 882: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Offshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ,

BR, UX and UZ visas

Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496: 26 June 2007

General Skilled Migration (GSM) visas processed by ASPC

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VE

Subclasses: 175 and 176

E-lodged: 21 November 2007

Paper lodged: 19 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VF

Subclasses: 475, and 476,

E-lodged: 25 November 2007

Paper lodged: 27 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VB

Subclasses: 885, 886, and 887

E-lodged: 14 December 2007 (applications lodged before 1 July 2008 only)

Paper lodged: 14 December 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VC subclass 487 only

E-lodged: 20 November 2007 (applications lodged before 1 July 2008 only)

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VC subclass 485 only

E-lodged: 21 January 2008 (applications lodged before 1 July 2008 only)

Paper lodged: 26 November 2007

Edited by Just Fine

Hi Guys

Just to clarify - it has nothing at all to do with South African applicants being put on hold. It has everything to do with South Africa being classed as a High Risk Country and the UK as a low risk country. Unfortunately for South African applicants, high risk countries take a lot longer to process as there are a lot more checks and balances to be done! Frustrating, I know.....

I'd like to correct that.

SA is NOT considered a high risk country. I asked this question of two employees at ASPC on two seperate occasions and was told the same thing. SA is 100% NOT a high risk country.

The applications are grouped into regions, and UK is Region 1 and SA Region 5 (or the other way around) and they have different processing personnel.

So I too cannot understand why it seems that all the SA applicants are wiaitng FAR longer than the British ones (I too look at the British Expats board and am VERY frustrated that they are clearly getting visa's quicker).......but what can we do but wait?

I am finding this all very difficult......

SA is NOT considered a high risk country. I asked this question of two employees at ASPC on two seperate occasions and was told the same thing. SA is 100% NOT a high risk country.

The applications are grouped into regions, and UK is Region 1 and SA Region 5 (or the other way around) and they have different processing personnel.

So I too cannot understand why it seems that all the SA applicants are wiaitng FAR longer than the British ones (I too look at the British Expats board and am VERY frustrated that they are clearly getting visa's quicker).......but what can we do but wait?

Hi.

Never written on this site as i find it difucult to nav around, so i use a Brittish based site. I received my 175 PR on the 3rd Sept, which took 9 Mths and !1 days from lodgement. A Canadian couple got theirs same day, took 9mths 14 days. and a Pommy couple got theirs a day latter, Took 9Mths 15days. So sit back and watch some good rugby, it will come. I promise.

Us.

Hi Nix

I hope you are right, but the the Australian immigration web site says otherwise.

According to the web page for General Skilled Migration, they have a target level of service which says that for low risk countries 75 % of visas should be processed within 12 months, and for high risk countries 15 months.

You are considered to come from a low risk country if you hold a passport from a country whose citizens are eligible to apply for an "Electronic Travel Authority" to visit Australia. South Africa is not one of them. See www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETAAus1En.html for the complete list.

-Daniel

Daniel - thanks for the clarity. I am just going on what I was told by the agents on the DIAC telephone line..... and I so badly want to believe them as it is MY application that is on the line....

However, as I have been waiting for 12.5 months and still do not have CO, it looks like your info could be correct....

Nix

Hi all,

Never been on this page, but came in here out of desperation...

We e-lodged on 17 Dec - and to date NO SINGLE WORD!!! We front loaded everything already, and I'm getting really really worried. :unsure:

Does anyone have any word on progress?

Is anyone else in the same boat regarding date of lodgment?

I really really wish it would just come already - my nerves are in tatters. :thumbdown: We're in Perth on 457 but would really like to be permanent - just to KNOW it's in the bag. BTW, we are on MODL - hubby is Chem Eng.

Any news is welcome, thanks all!! :blush:

(What's the link to send the blank email to, to get the progress thing?)

Hi all,

We e-lodged on 17 Dec - and to date NO SINGLE WORD!!! We front loaded everything already, and I'm getting really really worried. :thumbdown:

Hi Legalbuff, seems like you are one of the lucky ones who e-lodged your application. Those are screaming ahead of the paper-based lodgers...i.e. yours truely's. Last week on this forum I saw a visa granted to a 175 who e-lodged on 1 Dec 2007. So, logically yours cant be too far behind theirs.....but that is only if logic applies! Sometimes I wonder, considering the seeming randomness whereby visas get granted.

Send a blank email to this address, after about 12:30 midday every Tuesday (Adelaide time) for the latest visa priority dates. If the Monday is a public holiday in Ozz then you must allow one extra day that week. I have been doing this diligently for the last 33 weeks....and I can tell you from experience that you should take the dates with a pinch of salt. At best they are approximately correct, and always a little behind.

aspc.processing@immi.gov.au

There is also a 175 Dec e-lodge thread on this forum. Join up with them and keep monitoring that thread for latest info.

All the best,

Tex

Hi everyone, below is the latest priority date email from DIAC (8 Sept 08). At last, seems like 175 paper apps date has moved from 19 Sept 07....to 25 Sept 07. :thumbdown: Now, it must actually stay that way (remember a few months back when the weekly update was corrected (backwards of course) a few days later?? :angry:

Tex

===============================================

ASPC PROCESSING INFORMATION - For the week of 08 September 2008

BR, UX and UZ visas

Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496: 30 June 2007 :unsure:

E-lodged: 23 November 2007

Paper lodged: 25 September 2007 :blush::ilikeit:

E-lodged: 14 December 2007 (applications lodged before 1 July 2008

only)

Paper lodged: 5 January 2008

E-lodged: 20 November 2007 (applications lodged before 1 July 2008

only)

E-lodged: 23 January 2008 (applications lodged before 1 July 2008

only)

Paper lodged: 4 December 2007

===============================

I will support any plea to any minister abroad about this process.

IMHO - papers just 'lying' around for 8 months seems rather ...odd.

I think anyway most of the work only happen when one get assigned a CO.

Hi all,

We e-lodged on 17 Dec - and to date NO SINGLE WORD!!! We front loaded everything already, and I'm getting really really worried. :angry2:

I really really wish it would just come already - my nerves are in tatters. :) We're in Perth on 457 but would really like to be permanent - just to KNOW it's in the bag. BTW, we are on MODL - hubby is Chem Eng.

Any news is welcome, thanks all!! :whome:

My daughter and friend are in the same boat, I will e-mail her and find out if they heard anything yet. It is a waiting game. Young people do not worry so much, they just wait patiently. What more can one do??

i feel bad, cause i only applied three months ago and i cant take the pressure....dont know how you guys have held out so long...we are in australia on 457 visa, so are already here, big relief...but as anyone who has come over on this visa will tell you, im sure, its not the same...i LONG for my pr visa to be approved...

Yeah Lyall, I hear you!!

I didn't think it would bother me as much, but i really really really REALLY want that PR now.

Just the idea that they can't kick you out, is a holy grail....

Good luck with your wait mate. We'll get there. E - FREAKIN - VENTUALLY!!! :wacko::lol:

A friend of mine e-lodged a 176 visa application on the 27th March. He got his grant letter on the 9th September (yesterday). He's on a British passport, which is a low-risk country, and probably a contributing factor to the speed of the visa application. Still, it just goes to show that the automated emails from ASPC reflect inaccurate visa processing times.

Hi all,

We e-lodged on 17 Dec - and to date NO SINGLE WORD!!! We front loaded everything already, and I'm getting really really worried. :blink:

I really really wish it would just come already - my nerves are in tatters. :rolleyes: We're in Perth on 457 but would really like to be permanent - just to KNOW it's in the bag. BTW, we are on MODL - hubby is Chem Eng.

Any news is welcome, thanks all!! :blush:

hi There

Judging by my applications, you should hear something within the next 3 - 4 weeks. Hope I am right!

Hi Nix

Sorry to contradict you, but it is clearly stated on the Immi site that SA is a high risk country. And that is why our visas take so much longer than the UK visas. Sad, but true! WHile they are grouped into regions, they are also grouped into high and low risk. High risk countries can take 15 months for a PR visa, while low risk countries are usually finalised inabout 6-8 months.

Hi customeyes

I've calculated it that way also, but at this stage, it really feels like we have been forgotten!! ;)

Thanks for the input though, I appreciate that.

I must admit, it's hard seeing people from Britain getting their visas so much quicker. I want them to have, but I'm so jealous of it being so quick. Just confirms to me we are doing the right thing with our kids and their passports in mind (kids I don't have yet, by the way!! If I end up being infertile, so help me....) ;)

But anyhow, lets hope there is movement on the timeline thingy they update on Tuesdays today.

Good luck everyone!

RECEIPTING AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF APPLICATIONS

Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre is currently receipting new applications

within service standards. Once an application has been receipted it

undergoes validity checking and an acknowledgement letter with client

information and a receipt will be sent. If an application is determined to

be invalid documents will be returned and a refund of the visa application

charge arranged.

As of 15 September 2008 the ASPC Administration Section is processing

applications as follows:

Onshore Applications: receipting and acknowledging paper based applications

received on 8 September 2008.

Offshore Applications: receipting and acknowledging applications received

on 8 September 2008.

Once an application has been acknowledged it will be allocated to a case

officer for further assessment as soon as possible, however, as GSM

Adelaide receives a large number of applications and you will not be

contacted immediately.

ASPC PROCESSING INFORMATION - For the week of 15 September 2008

BR, UX and UZ visas

Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496: 04 July 2007

E-lodged: 28 November 2007

Paper lodged: 9 October 2007

E-lodged: 14 December 2007 (applications lodged before 1 July 2008

only)

Paper lodged: 8 February 2008

E-lodged: 20 November 2007 (applications lodged before 1 July 2008

only)

E-lodged: 26 January 2008 (applications lodged before 1 July 2008

only)

Paper lodged: 20 December 2007

Movement on 175 date, few days, but at least something.

TheB's - Have you heard anything yet? :blush:

My Brother was working in the U.K. and got his PR after 8 months. South African Passport.

I applied electronically on the 10-12-07 and have heard nothing yet. (About 8 months and 1 week to date.)

g.shaw