PR visa Processing Times

Octavius

My CO loaded a second "further information required" on 30 October. I hope that does not mean she doesn't look at my application till the 28 days after that expire. I will phone my agent tonight. I think she does phone but she does say if you push them it can go against you. I am afraid to rock the boat.

Did you have to send in a change of circumstances form to remove your son off the form?

I am checking the online status every day. If anxiety could move things along I would have the visa by now :) Maybe we do have the same CO - one who doesn't pay attention!

My agent only spoke to DIAC and asked them to remove the non-immigrating dependant. When I asked him whether it is necessary to fill in a change of circumstances form as I resigned my job and I am plannig to move countries next month etc, he said NO, it is not necessary as he is just going to phone them and inform them! :blink::unsure: I have a lot of trust in my agent, so I am going to leave it in his hands, but like you say all of this uncertanties while coping with a bad job will make you go :wacko: Keep us updated please!

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ready2go

• Dedrei

• vlooi

• Almost there

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have a case officer!!! :unsure: Everything says "met" except for the PCCs, and we should be receiving those in the next week or so. I will be going to work with a big smile on my face today, and I haven't told anyone there. :blink: Good luck to everyone - they are working their way through everyone's applications.

:wacko: Nazba!!! Great news! :):ilikeit:

After a month of having a CO, nothing has changed to "met" on our status page, so based on that I get the idea that your visa grant will be there the moment the PCC is loaded! :ilikeit:

Hello,

does any 475 - family sponsor have any info as to how far they are with their application. Our lodgement date was 05/12/2007 and still waiting. The 475 category has not moved for about 3 months. It is stuck on 27 September 2007. Pls help.

Brigitte

Good luck to all of you still anxiously waiting! It is frustrating - I know!

We must just remember that the date they are giving in their weekly e-mails, include ALL the applicants. It also include applications from countries where the people barely speaks English. AND it also include applications from countries with fraudulent applications - and believe me, there are a lot of them! My husband once had a guy applying for a job as engineer... Later (when he couldn't do the work), they investigated him and realized his Engineering degree is a fake copy! He was from India. So just imagine what the DIAC has to put up with! I think the fact that we are ahead of the official date is a good sign - it means they have more faith in us!

But I really don't know what is going on with the 475s. Don't understand!

Good luck again!

I agree with you, we can't afford loose our patience because of slow email updates.

This waiting time is very important part of whole process. I do not think that it is very long. If we consider waiting time for our fellows heading to Canada that is above 3 years... :censored: , we are by far better off. Myself after application I planted a very sweet variety of pineapples on my backyard garden. I want to harvest them before I get my Visa. If I had applied for Canadian 3+ years waiting visa, I suppose I would have planted a cashew nuts tree... We must be busy looking for other interesting things to make the waiting less painfull.

... I planted a very sweet variety of pineapples on my backyard garden. I want to harvest them before I get my Visa. If I had applied for Canadian 3+ years waiting visa, I suppose I would have planted a cashew nuts tree... We must be busy looking for other interesting things to make the waiting less painfull.

I started brewing beer!

Bottled my first batch tonight and have to wait 2 weeks before I can start tasting! It will also get better if it could age up till 3 months.

When all my beer is finnished I will have a CO....:censored:

My CO loaded a second "further information required" on 30 October. I hope that does not mean she doesn't look at my application till the 28 days after that expire. I will phone my agent tonight. I think she does phone but she does say if you push them it can go against you. I am afraid to rock the boat.

Did you have to send in a change of circumstances form to remove your son off the form?

I am checking the online status every day. If anxiety could move things along I would have the visa by now :ilikeit: Maybe we do have the same CO - one who doesn't pay attention!

I am so furious I am fit to kill!!!!! :censored: I phoned the DIAC and was told that the department has requested a new Form 80 to be submitted and they asked for this over a week ago. Has my agent told me this??? Of course not!!!!! Nor have they received the form 1022 I sent the agent last week. If they don't get these papers they will probably reject my application. I am now getting the forms and sending them myself. F*** the agent!!!! (excuse bad language please)

I am so furious I am fit to kill!!!!! :cry: I phoned the DIAC and was told that the department has requested a new Form 80 to be submitted and they asked for this over a week ago. Has my agent told me this??? Of course not!!!!! Nor have they received the form 1022 I sent the agent last week. If they don't get these papers they will probably reject my application. I am now getting the forms and sending them myself. F*** the agent!!!! (excuse bad language please)

This is so annoying! :ilikeit: I can understand your anger and frustration! Was DIAC willing to speak to you in spite of having an agent? Did you inform DIAC of what has been happening etc?

F*** the agent!!!! (excuse bad language please)

You're excused!! I am also interested, would DIAC communicate directly with you even though you have an agent?

Good luck! Its the same all story, if you want something done properly, you gotta do it yourself!!

we had the same problem with our 457 app, I contacted diac directly, and they were absolutely great..in fact, from then on they only dealt with me first, and him afterwards. I got to know the people quite well and they used to even chat a bit in their emails, not like the automatic response ones...they remind me of the Speaking part of IELTS...

because of the agent not passing on the info we lost more than a week of our time....

Catherine I had a friend who used the same agent as you are and their police clearances were lost twice, and requests from DIAC were never passed on. My friend ended up contacting the owner or co-owner in Aus (I think Gold Coast or maybe Sydney) and the next day they had their visas.

Good Luck

Catherine I had a friend who used the same agent as you are and their police clearances were lost twice, and requests from DIAC were never passed on. My friend ended up contacting the owner or co-owner in Aus (I think Gold Coast or maybe Sydney) and the next day they had their visas.

Good Luck

Any chance they still have his details?

DIAC chatted to me because they have requested info. I think if I wasn't at the CO stage they wouldn't talk to me. The woman at the DIAC was brillant, she told me exactly what I needed and the email address to send the forms to myself. I contacted my agent and very politely (polite till I get the visa then she gets a piece of my mind) asked for the password to the online system she used to load my app online. That way I can check what is loaded and whats still needed. She told me she had sent them the stuff. Who do you think I believe? She said she has sent everything again and cc'd me to my email (better be my work email as there is nothing in my personal email) with the forms attached. The DIAC confirmed receipt of my medicals, and police clearance. The lady at the DIAC told me she spoke to my agent yesterday and my agent never asked about my application. Eventhough she had promised me too. I told this lady about this website and what general opinion is of the agent. I told her my agent doesn't reply to my emails and I am fed up with them. I have been like a bear with a sore head the whole day.

And you are right, if you want something done properly do it yourself.

Catherine --- you should really report them to MARA for their poor service.... So many people use really good reputable agents and 1 bad apple can put people off. Once you have your visa --- I do hope you tell them off. We are using agents and they have been so obliging and helpful and communicative etc...I really do feel for you and the experience you are going through.

I'm tempted to take out an add in the Star newspaper. I know its vindictive and spiteful .... but it would be so rewarding :ilikeit: (Thats the nearest smiley to an evil laugh)

New Timeline format from DIAC:

GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION

PROCESSING INFORMATION FOR THE WEEK COMMENCING:

10 NOVEMBER 2008

This is an automated e-mail response which provides weekly updated

information on skilled migration applications being processed in the

Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre (ASPC) and Brisbane Skilled Processing

Centre (BSPC). Please do not reply to this email address. Our contact

details are listed below.

1. ASPC APPLICATION ALLOCATION INFORMATION

Applications lodged on or prior to the dates shown below are being

allocated to case officers for further processing.

Onshore Student/Graduate GSM / Paper & E-lodged / Class DD and DE visas

Subclass 880, 881 and 882:

E-Lodged: All Allocated

Paper Lodged: All Allocated

Offshore GSM / Paper lodged / Class BN, BQ, BR, UX and UZ

Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496:

Paper lodged: 25 July 2007

Please note that on 31 August 2007 the ASPC received a large volume of

applications due to legislative changes which commenced on 1 September

2007. Applications will continue to be allocated as usual however these

allocation dates will appear static until all applications received on this

date are allocated.

Offshore GSM / Paper & E-lodged / Class VE

Subclass: 175

E-lodged: 7 December 2007

Paper lodged: 15 October 2007

Subclass: 176

E-lodged: 11 December 2007

Paper lodged: 20 November 2007

GSM / Paper & E-Lodged / Class VF

Subclasses: 475, and 476

E-lodged: 3 December 2007

Paper lodged: 27 September 2007

Onshore GSM / Paper & E-Lodged / Class VB

Subclasses: 885, 886, and 887

E-lodged: Now processed by the BSPC. All cases processed

in Adelaide have been allocated to case officers.

Paper lodged: 29 July 2008

GSM / Paper & E-Lodged / Class VC

Subclass 487

E-lodged: Now processed by the BSPC. All cases processed

in Adelaide have been allocated to case officers.

Paper lodged: 29 July 2008

Subclass 485

E-lodged: 11 February 2008

Paper lodged: 07 February 2008

If a visa application was made more than two weeks before an allocation

date shown above and you have not been contacted by a case officer please

contact GSM Adelaide from the web page

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...fessionals.htm

2. BSPC APPLICATION ALLOCATION INFORMATION

Onshore GSM / E-Lodged / Class VB

Subclasses: 885 & 886

E-lodged: Applications lodged between

January and May 08

Subclass 887

E-Lodged:

July and August 2008.

GSM / E-Lodged / Class VC

Subclass 485

E-lodged: March 2008

Subclass 487

E-lodged: July and August 2008.

And other news from the weekly update shown below.

For those people who have had problems attaching documents for their online application, see the bit about the fix to the system.

-Daniel

BRISBANE

The BSPC is now processing the following eVisa Onshore General Skilled

Migration applications:

· Subclass 885, 886 and 487 applications lodged on or after 1 December

· Subclass 485 applications lodged on or after 1 March 2008

· Subclass 887 applications lodged on or after 1 July 2008

Applicants for these visas must provide their documents electronically by

attaching them to their eVisa application. Please note that difficulties

previously encountered when attaching documents to eVisa applications have

now been resolved (see separate advice about this below).

Do not send paper copies of any documents also forwarded electronically.

CAPITAL INVESTMENT UPDATE

It is still not possible to lodge a deposit with any of the

State/Territory Treasury Corporations in order to these claim bonus points.

The ASPC sincerely apologises for the ongoing delay, uncertainty and any

anxiety this may have caused clients.

Please refer to the information available online at:

www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/capital-investment-scheme-faqs.htm

EVISA DOCUMENT ATTACHMENT PROBLEM RESOLVED

Clients applying for General skilled Migration on-line have been

encountering problems attaching documents to their on-line application.

The department conducted a system upgrade on 26 October 2008 to resolve

this issue. This means documents can now be attached successfully.

Clients are strongly encouraged to attach all documents to any outstanding

eVisa application, including any documents which may have been sent by

email before this issue was resolved.

FEE INCREASE FOR AFP POLICE CHECKS

The Australian Federal Police (AFP) advise that the fee for National Police

Checks (NPCs) has increased. This increase commenced on 1 October 2008.

The new fees (that are applicable to the department's clients requiring an

Australian police clearance) are as follows:

$43.00 - Application for a NPC from a government department or an

individual

$49.00 - Application for a NPC from a non-government organisation (eg

Commercial entities such as brokers, migration agents etc).

The full fee schedule is outlined on the AFP website:

www.afp.gov.au/business/national_police_checks.html.

The department has released a new Form 1110 'Police records check' which

includes the revised fee.

I made some quick calulations;

According to this thread the processing date (for "e" 175s) moved roughly 2 months forward in the last 4.

So that means if we applied 31 July 2008 (which we did) our application will only be allocated to a CO on about 24 Feb 2012. Twenty TWELVE !!!

Sort of negates the need to keep checking each week......

Can I swear? Do kids read this? Please let me know as I really need to swear right now !!!!!

Edited by LPH

LPH, do not go on that timeline.

If you applied on 31 July more than likely March-May next year you will have your CO/visa.

Edited by J&j

LPH, do not go on that timeline.

If you applied on 31 July more than likely March-May next year you will have your CO/visa.

I hope you're right, we applied 26 August 2008.

LPH!!

This application and waiting process may have made you miscalculate slightly...

Even if the application process was only moving 2 months for every 4 real time months, you will still have a CO in Jan 2010 - worst case scenario!!

Not 2012....

But as we know they are processing Feb visas now so we are effectively 2 months ahead of the official timeline.

So keep checking the forum - its really great when you see that visas are granted (in fact makes my day)

Good luck

Clarry

Thanks Sasher! I wasn't sure where to post the news. It is a great feeling, but hasn't quite sunk in yet. The new PCCs we submitted gave us an additional few weeks to validate, up to the date our meds were finalised. Good luck for everyone still waiting. It will happen! :unsure:

Congrats Nazba,

looks like almost all the January applicants are done.

WOW - Thats brilliant news!!! CONGRATS Nazba. You must be elated!!!! ENJOY, ENJOY :unsure:

I'm waiting with bated breath as we are 01 Feb applicants.

Cheers

Cravell