PR visa Processing Times

Octavius

I see they have changed the format of the information requested for ASPC processing times via e-mail. So what's the latest update on non-MODL 175 applications for 2008? According to the timeline table, the last Visa was granted on 2 December 2008 (lodged 15 April 2008).

Please update the timeline, if applicable. ;]

To those that have been granted their Visa - congratulations, to the rest - such as myself - good luck!

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ready2go

• Dedrei

• vlooi

• Almost there

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got this email, hope is helps

GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION ADELAIDE

PROCESSING INFORMATION FOR THE WEEK COMMENCING:

12 January 2009

This is an automated e-mail response which provides weekly updated information on skilled migration applications being processed by the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre. Please do not reply to this email address. This mailbox is not monitored. Our contact details are listed below.

ASPC APPLICATION ALLOCATION INFORMATION

On 17 December 2008 the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship announced changes to the way General Skilled Migration applications will be allocated and processed. Details can be found on the DIAC website at: www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm#j

As a result of this announcement from 1 January 2009 applications for General Skilled Migration will be strictly allocated and processed in the following priority order:

1. Applications with a successful State & Territory Nomination (until

all applications have been allocated); and then

2. Applications where the nominated occupation is on the Critical

Skills List (until all applications have been allocated); then

3. Applications where the nominated occupation is on the Migration

Occupations in Demand List (until all applications have been allocated); then

4. All other remaining applications

This affects all applications lodged before and after 1 January 2009, both paper lodged or electronically lodged. Applications which were already allocated to case officers before 1 January 2009 are un-affected and will be processed as usual to finalisation.

Applications are now being allocated as follows:

State & Territory Nominated Applications:

Subclass 134, 136, 137, 175, 176, 475, 487, 495, 885 and 886 applications (processed by the ASPC and where a successful State or Territory Nomination is held) will all be allocated to case officers for assessment by 13 February 2009.

Applications with Occupations on the Critical Skills List: Applications are not being allocated at present

Applications with Occupations on the Migration Occupations in Demand List: Applications are not being allocated at present

All Other Remaining Applications

Applications are not being allocated at present

Subclasses 485 and 887 are not subject to the above changes. The allocation dates for these subclasses are as follows:

VC 485 (paper): 28 February 2008.

VC 485 (E-Lodged): 23 February 2008

VB 887: 19 August 2008

PROCESSING NEWS

BRISBANE

The BSPC is now processing the following eVisa Onshore General Skilled Migration applications:

· Subclass 885, 886 and 487 lodged on or after 1 December 2007

· Subclass 485 lodged on or after 1 March 2008

· Subclass 887 lodged on or after 1 July 2008

Allocation dates and information regarding applications processed in Brisbane can be obtained by sending a blank email to the following email

address:

gsmb.information@immi.gov.au

CAPITAL INVESTMENT UPDATE

Please refer to the latest information available online at: www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/capital-investment-scheme-faqs.htm

MEDICAL RESULTS

Please do not post your medical results to us. Do not open the sealed envelope or forward the results to the Department unless your case officer specifically requests they be sent.

CONTACTING US

Email: Enquiries for the ASPC and BSPC need to be made using the

on-line enquiry form at: www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm

ASPC Telephone:

1300 364 613 (in Australia) for the cost of a local call; or

+61 1300 364 613 (outside Australia)

ASPC Contact Hours: (Australian Central Time):

0900 to 1600 Monday to Friday (except Wednesdays)

0900 to 1300 Wednesdays

Please note: due to the large volume of calls we receive, from time to time you may experience lengthy delays before getting to speak to a customer service officer.

• 3 weeks later...
Sasher jy is vinnig met hierdie ASPC processing post!!! :(

Hi sasher

a 176 PR family sponsored skilled visa lodged in dec 2008, how long do you think we will wait? destination is Brisbane

thanks

• 1 month later...

Anyone applied for state sponsorship from South Australia lately? Do they keep to their 4 weeks application timeline, or do they sometimes surprise you with a yes or no sooner?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Does anybody have the latest processing updates from the DIAC?

What visa category are they currently processing?

Thank you

I might be wrong, but I think they're currently processing General Skilled Migration (GSM) applications, but specifically those on the Critical Skills List (CSL). As of June this year, they'll probably be looking at those on the Migration Occupation in Demand List (MODL).

GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION

ADELAIDE PROCESSING INFORMATION

This is an automated e-mail response which provides updated information on skilled migration applications being processed by the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre (ASPC). Please do not reply to this email address as this mailbox is not monitored. Contact details for the ASPC are listed below.

Priority Processing - Change From 1 January 2009

Following recent announcements by the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, in response to the current global economic environment, processing of General Skilled Migration applications gives first priority to applications in the following two categories:

1. Applications with a successful State or Territory Nomination; and

2. Applications where the nominated occupation is identified on the

Critical Skills List (CSL).

Note: Due to the number of applications in the above two categories, on hand and being received, applications not on the CSL, or applications without a successful State or Territory nomination, will be delayed until those applications which meet the processing priorities are finalised. This includes those on the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL)

Details of the Minister’s announcements can be found on the DIAC website via the following link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...hats-new.htm#j

Priority Application Processing Information

Applications are now being processed as follows:

1. State or Territory Nominated Applications - once the department has received and approved a nomination from a state or territory authority, processing of the application will commence within 10 working days of that approval. Should you need to, please lodge enquiries about your application via: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm

2. Applications with a nominated occupation on the Critical Skills List

(CSL) - are being processed in date of lodgment order. Information about the CSL can be found on the department's website at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...kills-list.pdf

Priority Processing Exemptions

Visa Subclasses 485, 476, 487 and 887 are exempt from the priority processing changes. Applications under these subclasses will continue to be processed in the order in which they were received by the Department – the following subclass by application lodgment date identifies cases currently being considered:

Visa Subclass Month/Year Lodgment

VC 485 (paper): April 2008

VC 485 (e-lodged): Processing has commenced on all applications being

assessed by the ASPC.

VF 476 (paper): April 2009

VF 476 (e-lodged): June 2008

VC 487 (paper): March 2009

VB 887 (paper): February 2009

OTHER PROCESSING NEWS

MEDICAL RESULTS

Please do not post your HSA onshore medical results to us. Do not open the sealed envelope, or forward the results to the Department, unless your case officer specifically requests you to do so.

BRISBANE PROCESSING

Information regarding applications processed in Brisbane can be obtained by sending a blank email to the following email address:

gsmb.information@immi.gov.au

• 2 weeks later...

I got very discouraged by this latest email auto response. Esspecially the part

"Note: Due to the number of applications in the above two categories, on hand and being received, applications not on the CSL, or applications without a successful State or Territory nomination, will be delayed until those applications which meet the processing priorities are finalised. This includes those on the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL)"

How long are the MODLs going to wait? At least before there was dates now it just says 'will be delayed' :blink:

Edited by Jitterbug

Agreed Jitterbug I was also quite discouraged when they changed this auto email to no longer reflect a date. Imagine how us NON MODL applicants feel but I'm trying to remain positive, perhaps they removed the date as they may finish earlier. Considering that they are already on June/July/Aug CSL's applications and either may take slightly longer or slightly less time than end May to wade through the remaining applications.

I think DIAC are well aware that people are watching them very closely and they don't want to have hundereds of applicants phoning in to find out what's going on come end May so they are remaining vague. It must be tough for them too.

I wish they could tell us numbers of visas processed/assessed in a week that way we will know how many they are getting through - or even better number assessed vs number remaining :blink: wishful thinking!

I'm trying to remain patient until end June - this is when I hope to have an idea when/if they will move onto NON MODL's as they will also be into the new quota period and any changes to this would have been announced. I also think they will really start to slow down now with the year end cutoff until end June. Better we know and accept this and look forward I guess!

For the info of the forum, I applied on 8 July 2008 and recently received my case officer on 3 April 2009.

VERY HAPPY :rolleyes: ... I had stopped thinking about it, and then the news came.

I applied for General skilled visa, and was on the MODL under the accountant category.

I really get frustrated when hearing news like this. I just wish start to straighten out for those on the MODL and non-MODL. As soon as you have the current way of things worked out, they change it. I understand it's for the better but being in the dark after such significant changes is no fun. At least if we had some sort of indication of what's happening or where everything's going it would've been great. I'm sure many of us would've lodged with different nominated occupations and/or different visa subclass had we known better.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you get that Automated reply from Adelaide in terms of processing times - what link/email do you need to send to?

Hi

Send a blank email to: aspc.processing@immi.gov.au

They usually update it every Tuesday, but lately it's been staying the same.

Hope that helps :blink:

Good News Everyone!

There is definitely some movement on the 175 visas now.

I E-Lodged 9 June 2008. (MODL list)

Have just received a Visa Granted Email dated 8 May 2009

:ilikeit:

Good News Everyone!

There is definitely some movement on the 175 visas now.

I E-Lodged 9 June 2008. (MODL list)

Have just received a Visa Granted Email dated 8 May 2009

:ilikeit:

Congrats.

You are on the CSL and MODL( and SOL) .

Got excited for a moment for the ones only on MODL.

We'll wait :rolleyes:

Edited by georgie 1

Oh can it really be true, are you just on the MODL list bcv?

I am almost scared to get excited :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It depends from visa to visa, and even then the time isn't an exact science.

Those on the CSL list are getting priority at the moment. Read somewhere that other PR visas can take anything up to 2 years, but not too sure about that.

BVC, what was your ASCO(skill code)?

ASCO 2125-13

Regards,

BCV

Oh can it really be true, are you just on the MODL list bcv?

I am almost scared to get excited <_<

I am not sure what the CSL list is that was mentioned above.

I have met the requirement of 4 years relevant work experience as well.

Regards,

BCV

• 2 months later...

Hi

We sent our medicals and police clearance for Visa Class 175 at the end of July, does anyone know how long it takes before you get the next correspondence?

Thanks a mil

Erna