PR visa Processing Times

Octavius

I told you! I told you! I told you... the Co was working in secrecy on your application!!! :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

A BIG congratulation and everything of the best ahead! It is the best news in a long time!

MandyC, I dont know about when the applicants has SA and UK passports,; my guess is that it will go on the main applicants passport which is hopefully UK... :unsure:

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ready2go

• Dedrei

• vlooi

• Almost there

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanx everyone for the well wishes !!

Yes Vlooi, you were 100% spot on. Odd thing is that my agent still maintains that visas go from lodgement to granted. None of this co, then decision maker etc !! Brisbane wannabes' app also was the same - Maybe this is only if you use an agent ? Anyways, all our apps seem to all have their own patterns.

To all still waiting - have a little more patience, when you see on your status page "Visa Description : Resident" boy youre gonna wish there was more time !!!!

Hang in there, your turns are just around the corner.

Thank you so much all the accountants!!! :unsure:

Please post when you hear any news and I'll do the same.

Obviously being a CA gets you in faster!!

It is interesting how many accountants are coming over!! But there is lots of work available. I talked to about 14 agents this week and the general opinion is that there is way more work than accountants to do it! :blink: So, once you're here, it is just a question of time before you've got the job of your dreams!

And I still don't know why my visa went so quick, but I am still very thankful that it did!!! :unsure:

For all you guys waiting, hang in there, it is so worth it! This is an amazing country, and did I mention it before.... I LIVE BRISBANE!!!! :blush:

It is interesting how many accountants are coming over!! But there is lots of work available. I talked to about 14 agents this week and the general opinion is that there is way more work than accountants to do it! :blush: So, once you're here, it is just a question of time before you've got the job of your dreams!

And I still don't know why my visa went so quick, but I am still very thankful that it did!!! :ilikeit:

For all you guys waiting, hang in there, it is so worth it! This is an amazing country, and did I mention it before.... I LIVE BRISBANE!!!! :ilikeit:

That is so great to hear! We are also intending to come to Brisbane so very relieved to hear there are lots of jobs on offer!

Enjoy.

Congratulations to those of you that have your Visa's!!

Seems to be a few Accountants on the forum.

Perhaps we should set up a separate topic for the Accountants and can swop ideas and war stories?

Cheers

Naudis

What is the procedure to get Visa into passport after approval and what documenst are needed. We are in Cape Town.

Regards

Gibba

With regard to the accountants topic. Do you all hold degrees? My brother is battling to qualifiy for immigration cause he did a diploma and did his time at a company. He's really worked his way up and is in an area accounts manager position now for a huge international company in SA. Keeps being told by migration agents that without holding a degree, there's no chance. He's continuing his studies now to get the degree, but it could take another 2 years and he's stressed with the pressures of the job and the studies. He would get points for age, IELTS and work experience.

Anyone out there who didn't hold a degree, but managed to get a positive assessment? Please, they are getting desperate.

Thanks

Candice

Sorry Candice

I can't help you - my hubbie has a degree.

Maybe your brother could try to get managerial position points as I think there is something like that on the list - could be wrong though.

Good luck

Ok - back to the topic!!!

ASPC PROCESSING INFORMATION - For the week of 25 August 2008

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated to case officers for further processing.

Skilled Migration Applications lodged before 1 September 2007

Onshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Student/Graduate applications - Class DD and DE visas Subclass 880: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged) Subclass 881: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged) Subclass 882: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Offshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ, BR, UX and UZ visas Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496: 23 June 2007

General Skilled Migration (GSM) visas processed by ASPC

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VE

Subclasses: 175 and 176

E-lodged: 21 November 2007

Paper lodged: 19 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VF

Subclasses: 475, and 476,

E-lodged: 25 November 2007

Paper lodged: 27 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VB

Subclasses: 885, 886, and 887

E-lodged: 14 December 2007 (applications lodged before 1 July 2008

only)

Paper lodged: 30 October 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VC subclass 487 only

E-lodged: 20 November 2007 (applications lodged before 1 July 2008

only)

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VC subclass 485 only

E-lodged: 14 January 2008 (applications lodged before 1 July 2008

only)

Paper lodged: 05 November 2007

As of 26 August 2008 the ASPC Administration Section is processing

applications as follows:

Onshore Applications: receipting and acknowledging paper based applications

received on 22 August 2008.

Offshore Applications: receipting and acknowledging applications received

on 22 August 2008.

Once an application has been acknowledged it will be allocated to a case

officer for further assessment as soon as possible, however, as GSM

Adelaide receives a large number of applications and you will not be

contacted immediately.

ASPC PROCESSING INFORMATION - For the week of 25 August 2008

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated

to case officers for further processing.

Student/Graduate applications - Class DD and DE visas

Subclass 880: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Subclass 881: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Subclass 882: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ,

BR, UX and UZ visas

Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496: 23 June 2007

only)

Paper lodged: 30 October 2007

only)

E-lodged: 14 January 2008 (applications lodged before 1 July 2008

only)

Paper lodged: 05 November 2007

Not any good news regarding the 175 movement, but this is just a guide. Just wish they would work quicker on all apllications

I cabn't believe these timings !!! That means that they are moving roughly 10 days for every month of time ! That also means we will all be here alot longer...!!

I am an Aug 07 applicant and there are MANY Sep, Oct, Nov and even FEB applicants that now have visa's !!! So, can these timelines be believed?

This waiting is starting to get me down.....

I cabn't believe these timings !!! That means that they are moving roughly 10 days for every month of time ! That also means we will all be here alot longer...!!

I am an Aug 07 applicant and there are MANY Sep, Oct, Nov and even FEB applicants that now have visa's !!! So, can these timelines be believed?

This waiting is starting to get me down.....

Hey Nix,

After all our stuff was put together, qualifications approved, etc. we lodged on 18 July this year. The DIAC is supposed to have a 9 month turnaround and it seems to be about right? November stuff '07 being assessed now. I don't know how you have handled the waiting for so long - ours is only a month and I am climbing the walls... the worst is the feeling of powerlessness. My feeling is that we will leave our application as a backup - i think the best way to get in to get a job and get over there in 4 weeks or so. I think we are going to rather do that as soon as my wife has teh results of her thesis back. Just another example of how royally screwed you are when you live in Africa. I can't wait to shake the dust from my feet. I kinow I sound negative, but freak this is frustrating! Just know you are not alone.

Cheers!

Rodney

With regard to the accountants topic. Do you all hold degrees? My brother is battling to qualifiy for immigration cause he did a diploma and did his time at a company. He's really worked his way up and is in an area accounts manager position now for a huge international company in SA. Keeps being told by migration agents that without holding a degree, there's no chance. He's continuing his studies now to get the degree, but it could take another 2 years and he's stressed with the pressures of the job and the studies. He would get points for age, IELTS and work experience.

Anyone out there who didn't hold a degree, but managed to get a positive assessment? Please, they are getting desperate.

Thanks

Candice

Hi Candice

I am fortunate enough to be a qualified CA and did receive a positive Skills Assessment.

Its a pity that they are being sticky about the Diploma.

I hope that your brother 'finds a way'

Cheers

Naudis

Yep, it does say 9 months, however, in around April this year it was running at 5 months to the CO stage. So basically it has run a month later every month since then to end up at 9 months - very frustrating for planning etc!!

Hi all

My agent advised me that as of 1 sep there will be another branch opening up to deal with the flood of paper work??? Also the new MAP system at TRA is put in place to speed up the whole thing, but also said that we could wait up to 18 months, Never could wait maybe i should start to swim ? :blink:

Hi

Our Agent ahs also stated it could take 18mths to get the PR.

We'll join in the swimming! :(:blink:

Hi all

My agent advised me that as of 1 sep there will be another branch opening up to deal with the flood of paper work??? Also the new MAP system at TRA is put in place to speed up the whole thing, but also said that we could wait up to 18 months, Never could wait maybe i should start to swim ? :jester:

Hi all

My agent advised me that as of 1 sep there will be another branch opening up to deal with the flood of paper work??? Also the new MAP system at TRA is put in place to speed up the whole thing, but also said that we could wait up to 18 months, Never could wait maybe i should start to swim ? :jester:

Hi Sean K,

I looked on the DIAC site but there's no mention of a new center opening up on Sept 1. Do you perhaps know where? The new Brisbane office opened up recently, but that is only supposed to process electronic apps lodged after July 1st 2008. Doesn't help paper apps lodged before or since then...

Tex

Edited by Tex

ASPC PROCESSING INFORMATION - For the week of 01 September 2008

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated to case officers for further processing.

Student/Graduate applications - Class DD and DE visas Subclass 880: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged) Subclass 881: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged) Subclass 882: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ, BR, UX and UZ visas Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496: 26 June 2007

only)

Paper lodged: 14 December 2007

only)

E-lodged: 21 January 2008 (applications lodged before 1 July 2008

only)

Paper lodged: 26 November 2007

you know what is frustrating..we are here on 457 in tasmanaia, riaan works with a german chap and an indian chap, from india, and tehy both got their pr visas lesss than three months....it seems like sa is put on hold..the german guy couldnt believe it when we told him..he says he just sailed thorugh...no ielts, frontloaded medicals, and the enxt thing he knew visa was granted. the indian guy cant even speak english, but he got his pr visa, and doesnt even have to go for english classes..

grr grrr grr

you know what is frustrating..we are here on 457 in tasmanaia, riaan works with a german chap and an indian chap, from india, and tehy both got their pr visas lesss than three months....it seems like sa is put on hold..the german guy couldnt believe it when we told him..he says he just sailed thorugh...no ielts, frontloaded medicals, and the enxt thing he knew visa was granted. the indian guy cant even speak english, but he got his pr visa, and doesnt even have to go for english classes..

grr grrr grr

I agree with you about the feeling we start to get that SA applicants are being put on hold and taking extraordinary long to process. As we are living in the UK (but with SA passports) I am on the British website as well and they are MONTHS ahead of UK applicants.

On the brighter side...and I hope I understand this correct... :) if you look at the SA timeline website, there are two 175 PR applicants from the end of March and beginning of April who have got CO's. They are both accountants.

Oh No !! No 175 movement again. Im really keeping fingers crossed for you guys !!

Just remember, its not gospel !!!! My case in point !!!

Just a little advice, use it or lose it, once those visas arrive life is totally chaotic, as silly as it sounds, try to relax a little, there will be no time for anything when the visa comes - especially if your validation date is only 12 weeks away !!!

Im with you on that one Ready2go, time is just going so quickly and there is just so much that still needs to be done.

But I must say that email thing must be useless as they should be busy with the middle Dec 2007 by now, (For PR 175).