189/190's Lodged October 2015

Ramses

So all of a sudden I get this email last week from a company in Aus, to whom I have sent a CV in November. They guy wants a skype interview

I had the interview this morning, went exceptionally well. So well that he is talking about a final interview later this week and then they will issue me a 457 visa to come and work for them.

Man down...  :o:o   Did not expect this at all.

Up to this point i was not even considering a 457.  189/190 was the only thing on my radar. Guess i will have to restart the research, to find out what is included and what not...

Question is basically this. Should i receive my email for the 189/190 invitation while i am on a 457, what happens then? Can i continue with the 189 application?

• Like 2

Hi Eduan,

That's fantastic! Well done! Out of interest what line of work are you in?

Awesome new Eduan

that is brilliant news for a Monday morning.

I am also interested in the answer to your question as I may be sending my CV out to a few Australian companies later this year and I am also doing the 189/190 visa application. I see no reason why you cannot work on the 457 and wait for your 189/190 invitation to come through.

Please let me know if you find out otherwise.

I am in IT. I am currently heading a software team. The position in Sydney will be a more technical position, so I will move back to an Architect role, which i do not mind, cause it still remains a passion of mine.

Hi Eduan

You can continue applying for the 189/190 whilst on a 457.  Once the permanent residence visa comes through it will override the 457 visa.  If your 189/190 comes through before the 457 is granted you can withdraw the 457 visa application.   You can continue to work for your employer sponsor (or not as you prefer) as a permanent resident. 

Not that if you are moving to live and work in Sydney and wanted to apply for a 190 it is likely that only NSW would consider sponsorship.

Tee

Congratulations Eduan!! Good on you for managing to secure a potential job offer!! You are giving many of us still waiting for our visas hope that we MIGHT be able to secure a job before we depart to Aus. All the best for your visa application and the journey ahead!!

I have a feeling the visa grants for the rest of the October group are going to be "rolling in" sometime this week!! Hold on tight guys!! @Chips I think you will be the 1st lucky golden ticket recipient...@TraceyAnne So what will be your new hobby once you have your visa and you retire from checking e-mails in the early hours of the morning? LOL

@TashyL How many days do you have left now? Are you ready for journey Down Under?

@Belinda Any news on your visa grant??

• Like 1

I receive Ramses can't wait for that day, howz your hobby going TracyAnne ???, fingers crossed for you too Ramses and TracyAnne 

Hi All,

On the day that I decide not to check my e-mail every hour....I RECEIVE my VISA GRANT!!!! Switched my laptop on at home now to check my e-mail and see that my agent e-mailed me at 9:46am today to inform me of the visa grant!! So relieved, happy, excited and and and and at the same time!! Reality only hit home now and feel abit sad as well that I will be leaving so much friends and family behind who mean so much to me but sacrifices have to be made in life and its time for me to put my Big Boy hat on!! Off to Oz I go!! Yiiippppeeee!!!

A BIG THANK YOU to all the people on the forum for their support throughout this rollercoaster ride as well as to Migrate2Oz for scouting me as a potential candidate for migration to Australia as well as for doing such an expectional job throughout the visa process. All the best for those still waiting for their visa grants!!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Chips said:

howz your hobby going TracyAnne ???, fingers crossed for you too Ramses and TracyAnne 

I still check my email everyday and every night and when I don't have anything in my inbox I log into my immi account just to be sure ? I think I have a problem.

Congratulations @Ramses, you lodged the day before me so you're giving me hope that we will hear something soon.Just out of interest, which office processed your visa?

• Like 1

Thank you Tracey Anne!! Adelaide office processed my visa....with Kate from Adelaide office being my new favourite person!! I have a STRONG feeling you and @Chips will receive your grants this week as well....so HOLD on TIGHT!!

• Like 1

Congratulations Ramses fantastic news hey, happy for you.  ???? TracyAnne you made me laugh there. Both our Case officers are from Adelaide the recent one is Ladan.

Edited by Chips
  • Like 1

Brisbane is fast with grants TracyAnne so continue checking your immi account ?

Congratulations @Ramses my IELTS buddy!!!!!!!Yeah Yeah Yeah!!!! Finally the wait is over! These visas come when you least expect it. I recall getting my email when I walked into wimpy. I scream so load and burst into happy sad emotional tears not bothered by all the people looking at me :P:P:P

When you planning to leave? So much to start thinking about now, the next phase of the journey comes with its own challenges, but its still SO exciting.

We are definitely counting down the days now. In 4 weeks we leave and it is SO overwhelming and exciting.

@Chips and everyone else waiting, look forward to that moment when you get an odd looking email in your mailbox and realise that it THE email. Look forward and have no doubts. It is almost your turn. Keep the faith :)

• Like 3

I think Belinda also got a grant today saw on facebook.

Congrats Ramses. Now you can breathe that sigh of relief, enjoy the happy and sad feelings.

All the best with your future plans and tying up things in SA :)

• Like 1

Thank you all for the messages!! I'm still in shock that I finally received my visa grant but so excited at the journey ahead!! Don't worry @CyberJoe I won't become a stranger now that I have my grant, I'm to addicted to this forum and I'd like to continue to help future migrants where I can....

@TashyL My IELTS buddy!!!! Can you believe how far we have come on this journey and what exciting prospects lie ahead!! I still remember clearly how we were stressing on that cold winters day in July over whether we would get the required scores for our IELTS exam and making plans to write the Pearson if we failed LOL!! I'm so glad that everything worked out so well for you and your family and wish you the best of luck on your journey ahead to Aus. 4 weeks!! Thats hectic....time is going to fly by now...so enjoy whats left of your time in Mother City and hopefully we meet up again one day on the other side....I have set a provisional date of departure to Adelaide for the 18 July 2016, so that gives me roughly 6 months to sort out my life, spend time with friends and family, sell things etc.

@Chips Where on Facebook did you see that Belinda got her grant as well??

• Like 1

It's a migration Facebook page, am quite sure it was her.