189/190's Lodged October 2015

Ramses

1 hour ago, Eduan said:

Great News @Chips! Your weekend is going to be awsome

I think my stuff got lost somewhere. :o I submitted my EOI in Oct, and I do not even have an invitation yet... I keep on logging into Immi just to make sure, but the status still remains as SUBMITTED.

I am frustrated, as there is nobody to contact. I am in the IT, on the scare skill list, i have enough points and yet... Silence...

But i gave myself 2016 to complete this, so hopefully sometime something happens.

Thank you Eduan, unfortunately am working the whole weekend but will make the best out of it. Hopefully you will receive your invitation soon, why don't you try 190 too in the meantime. Something will happen you still have 10 months that's alot.

1 hour ago, Sweepea said:

@Chipsthat is just awesome-so glad the wait is over for you - now onto the next legs of this journey:)

Thank you Sweepea holding thumbs for you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chips said:

Good morning everyone, firstly l wanted to thank everyone on this page you guys are wonderful and too kind l honestly don't know what l would have done without you all (go mad maybe). So at 5 am today when my husband woke up to get ready for work he saw the magic emails, Finally the waiting is over can't describe the feeling. Thank you all once again ????? and good luck to all waiting the grant is on the way.

Congratulations Chips. I'm sure I'm one of the many people on this forum who've been barracking (apparently, "rooting" isn't a polite word in Aussie parlance) for you. Wish you and your family all the best. 

3 minutes ago, Hoping4Oz said:

Congratulations Chips. I'm sure I'm one of the many people on this forum who've been barracking (apparently, "rooting" isn't a polite word in Aussie parlance) for you. Wish you and your family all the best. 

Thank you Hoping4Oz really humbled, fingers and toes crossed for you soon you will be celebrating too.

23 hours ago, Odendaal said:

AWESOME NEWS @Chips!!!!!!! Thank the pope lol!

congratulations.png

Thank you Odendaal.

22 hours ago, Peanuts said:

Congratulations Chips!!!!

It's about time....

I am sooo happy for you! 

Thank you peanuts really relieved 

@Chips That is great news, wish I read this yesterday already, it really is something to celebrate!! Made my day, congratulations! :ilikeit:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CyberJoe said:

@Chips That is great news, wish I read this yesterday already, it really is something to celebrate!! Made my day, congratulations! :ilikeit:

Thank you for all the support, have forgotten everything now ?

• Like 1

So, @chips and @Ramses  we have exactly 14 days to go until we leave! I am really excited but hardly have the time to think about it, we are SO extremely busy with packing & sorting out last minute things along with ENJOYING every minute with our friends and our family. They have all gone out of their way to make our last month very special. I honestly think I will only really feel it when I am at the airport actually saying goodbye :unsure: 

I am also glad the rand is not looking too bad this week, hopefully it just gets better. That would be a major benefit for me right now, needing every cent I can get.

@chips when are you leaving? I recall you saying that there are not too many loose ends to tie up. How old are your kids and where will you be settling? I hope you have been able to process the wonderful news.

@Ramses I cannot imagine working for months under your "conditions" lol. I decided to leave early partially for that very reason. I could not work like that, especially planning projects and timelines. It just didn't feel right so I cracked the news very soon after I received my grant. Then the pressure was off and I was ready to leave....however it was also more a less a month before I was leaving so I resigned within a few weeks too. In your case, to work like that for 5 months may not be the best.

@Eduan are you a business or systems analyst? Or is your skill on the pro-rata list?

• Like 1

@Chips OMG!!!!!! Sorry for the late message but a BIG CONGRATULATIONS on receiving your grant!! It seems my prayer to The Man Above worked!! I'm so happy to hear that your wait is finally over and that you can now start finalizing your move to Oz...all the best with the journey ahead and I wish you and your family an awesome new life in Australia....have you decided on a departure date yet?

@CyberJoe Congrats on receiving your grant!!! I'm sure it must be a big relief that the long wait is finally over...all the best with all the planning and journey to Oz...may your new life in Australia be a very successful one!! Departure date??

@TashyL 2 weeks to go!! WOW!! Time is really flying now...All the best with all the packing and sorting and enjoy your last 2 weeks with all your family and friends...can't wait to hear about your experience on the other side....I do agree that working like that is not ideal but I don't have a choice really as I know the company will treat me weird if they knew I will be leaving soon, so will just have to suck it up and put on my "warrior mask"!! I could leave in the next month or 2 but I just feel that I would like to spend some time with my family abit longer...especially my gran (who had bypass surgery recently)....just to make sure that she is 100% recovered by the time I depart in July...the extra money that i will be saving will also be a plus....

@TracyAnne & @Eduan Hang in there guys!! I made a prayer tonight that you both will be receiving good news this week!!

• Like 1

Thank you @Ramses!! We decided to first get the visa, then sell the house. But, a problem I did not foresee is my utter lack of motivation to continue work now that we have heard we can go! How are your plans proceeding? Any planned dates yet?

• Like 1

Thank you Ramsey for the support and prayer, thank you so much hopin everything goes well for you too. @TashyL we still deciding maybe during scool holidays my son is 8 and daughter 6 and we are going to Regional NSW. All the best with the life ahead and enjoy your 13 days in SA.

• Like 1

Hi TashyL

I applied as software Engineer, which is on the SOL. Argh, i am sure my turn will come soon.

Good luck with the final arrangements... 

Any news TracyAnne? You are in my thoughts and prayers and sure something will happen this week.

Don't worry your bicycle is coming any day now. l know how it feels someone here once told me that it might take long but the day will eventually arrive.

• Like 2

@TracyAnnejust wondering what SARS docs you had to submit-looked at your signature.

We haven't been asked for anything by the CO-190 NSW General acct.

thanks!

I just thank God for all my forum 'friends'. You guys really offer the moral support I need to keep going....you know how it is @Chips, don't know how you coped for 6 months! I just keep telling myself to hang in there....it's taking a little longer than expected but it's coming!

@Sweepea, my husband and I have applied for a 189 and he claimed points for working experience. When he did his skills assessment (ACS) they recognised all his work experience (over 10 years) and when we submitted our application the CO wanted proof of employment so we submitted ALL his payslips, ALL his IRP5's and ALL his tax returns for the last 12 years!! Hopefully that's enough :D

• Like 3

Hi

What happens in the case where you do not have payslips, IRP5's or tax returns going back 10 years? 

I can probably get payslips for the last 7 years that I have worked - but I have not kept any of the older ones.

14 minutes ago, FingersCrossed said:

Hi

What happens in the case where you do not have payslips, IRP5's or tax returns going back 10 years? 

I can probably get payslips for the last 7 years that I have worked - but I have not kept any of the older ones.

Evidence can include, but are not limited to:

● employment references

● contracts

● pay slips

● tax returns

● group certificates

● superannuation information

Employment references should meet the following requirements:

● A reference should be on the official letterhead of the company providing the reference.

● The letterhead should indicate clearly the full address of the company and any phone

numbers, fax numbers, emails and website addresses.

● The name and position of the person authorised to sign the reference should be typed

or stamped below that person's signature - a reference with only an illegible signature

will not be accepted.

● The direct contact number of the person writing the reference should be included in the

letter.

● The letter should indicate the exact period of employment, position(s) held including

whether permanent or temporary, full or part time, the main five (5) duties undertaken,

and the salary earned - position(s) should not be described by generic title(s) (for

example, research officer, public servant), but according to the nature of the duties

undertaken (for example, research chemist, accounts clerk).

Hope this helps ;)

Hi

Yes that is perfect. I have reference letters from when i did my RPL. So hopefully that should be all good.

I have been with my current company for close to 8 years so that part is easy.

• 2 weeks later...