189/190's Lodged October 2015

Ramses

@Hanliedb please come with your magic wand, TracyAnne could do with some help......Hold on your day is coming soon ?

• Like 1

@TracyAnne abracadabra :magic: I really hope you received a grant! We are really thinking of everyone waiting for a grant. You are in our thoughts. Hopefully I still have that magic touch. Hehe. 

• Like 2

Have a wonderful flight @Hanliedb enjoy your new country and  may everything go according to your plans.

1 hour ago, Chips said:

Have a wonderful flight @Hanliedb enjoy your new country and  may everything go according to your plans.

Thanks a lot @Chips we're extremely excited but very nervous. It was a very emotional week for us. Our grandmother suddenly passed away last week, her funeral service was yesterday. Its very hard on the family. Two very sad goodbyes in one week. 

9 minutes ago, Hanliedb said:

Thanks a lot @Chips we're extremely excited but very nervous. It was a very emotional week for us. Our grandmother suddenly passed away last week, her funeral service was yesterday. Its very hard on the family. Two very sad goodbyes in one week. 

Am so sorry Hanliedb about your granny,

On ‎2016‎/‎02‎/‎25 at 6:55 AM, Hanliedb said:

@TracyAnne abracadabra :magic: I really hope you received a grant! We are really thinking of everyone waiting for a grant. You are in our thoughts. Hopefully I still have that magic touch. Hehe. 

Thanks @Hanliedb!!

All the best on your new journey, please keep in touch!

• Like 1

On ‎2016‎/‎02‎/‎25 at 9:33 AM, Hanliedb said:

Condolences to you and yours on the passing of your Granny, such terrible news.

2 hours ago, TracyAnne said:

Condolences to you and yours on the passing of your Granny, such terrible news.

Thank you @TracyAnne 

1 hour ago, TracyAnne said:
1 hour ago, TracyAnne said:

I think they have forgotten about me ?

I just keep praying we hear something soon....

On no @TracyAnne - we've only been waiting 22 days - can only imagine how you must feel!  Holding thumbs that you get your grant very soon...

• Like 1

Sorry TracyAnne. Really feeling your anxiety. I just pray you get good news soon. Then we can all breath a sigh of relief with you. 

• Like 1

Still waiting here, it seems the 190's happen a lot faster than the 189's.

• Like 1

Hold on TracyAnne been there it's very hard l know but once the day gets here all will be forgotten ?

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your words of support and encouragement ? I really appreciate every single one, praying, praying, praying for some news. Everything in God's time! <3

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thinking of you @TracyAnne and @TinaB l honestly hope you received your grants and forgot to tell us,you are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Edited by Chips

42 minutes ago, Chips said:

Thinking of you @TracyAnne and @TinaB l honestly hope you received your grants and forgot to tell us,you are both in my thoughts and prayers.

I didn't forget to tell you @Chips ? I think DIBP forgot about me!! And possibly @TinaB

Ooohhhhh no did you call recently? Don't know what to say anymore stay strong it will all be worth it in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

I just replied on another thread.  We're still waiting :(

I definitely know that it is purely because one Dumbass is being a .... well, a Dumbass :)

My ex-husband is loving having this power over me, so he's exercising his right to not give any proper information to the Department regarding his consent for my son to be included on our visa application.

We are now trying to come up with an agreement which he needs to give to the High Commission here showing that he HAS in fact given his consent under certain conditions.  I have actually said the words "What are your intentions with our visa?  We have based our application and spent R200k and 1 year of our lives trying to get the visa based on YOUR CONSENT, so let me know now what you plan is because I might need a WHOLE DIFFERENT TYPE OF LAWYER".

I still don't understand his reasoning in making this so difficult.  All we have asked for is that he be allowed on the application and be allowed to validate his visa with us.  That's it.  The rest is then up to my son to decide if he wants to stay with us or come back to SA.  He's 16 years old!! At best we have 2 more years with him before he could decide to bugger off anyway.  He's going to grow up and make a life for himself with or without us one day, whether we like it or not.  That is afterall, what being a parent is all about - making sure you've raised a human being that is socially acceptable and can be responsible for himself eventually.  Once they reach 18 years old, there is not much more we as parents get to have a say in. 

I thought he would be pre-occupied with his third wife pregnant with what will be a FIFTH child for him to take care of, but unfortunately he still has time to make my life hell. 

Anyway, I don't suppose any forumites have experience with this and have any suggestions for me :)

Nice to know you all think about us though - thanks !!

Oh my goodness @TinaB what a nightmare! Really hoping he sees some sort of light and stops being a drol. No suggestions from this side, none that would be legal anyway ;). Does he not get that the decision is going to be your son's, you're merely giving him a choice? It's obvious that he's just being spiteful, shame on him to deny your son what could be better opportunity. Vasbyt, I really hope he comes to his senses.

Hi @TinaB,

Sorry to hear of you ex woes - I'll never understand why some men have to be spiteful in spite of their children! They don't seem to understand, or possibly they just don't care, that their actions are not just hurting you and causing you unpleasantness, but they're hurting your kids too!

I have a sperm donor who I affectionately refer to as F$#% Face. He had not seen my son or bothered to call, write, text, pay for 7 years!!!!! When my husband and I made the decision to emigrate, I had to get his permission!!!! What the actual BEEP?!? We had no idea where he was, when we contacted previous employers after some Facebook and LinkedIn stalking (?) they lied and told us they had no idea who we were looking for. What kind of person is he that his employers will lie for him?!? I got a police record on him and WOW, the things I didn't know about him and what he was getting up to - even while we were still dating!!! Even a track and trace yielded no results....only people who do not want to be found leave no trace!! Looks like I dodged a bullet. The only form of communication I had was an old email address - so I emailed him and he was less than helpful - even referring to me as Mrs Rundell instead of by my first name, what a child!

Needless to say, he thought he was very clever, refused to give me his contact details and refused to offer any information. We proceeded to spend 100k taking my dumbass to court to have his parental rights and responsibilities revoked. I think he thought that if he just ignored me I would be screwed....my case went to the Gauteng High Court uncontested. After 10 very long and hard month of lawyers, advocates, family advocates and social workers.........I won! My son officially does not have a biological father,it's like he never existed! The only Dad he knows and wants is my husband - such a blessing.

I submitted ALL my legal documents as well as the court order with my application? I am assuming that the situation with my son (like yours) is what is delaying our application.....it's hard but I know that one day, maybe not when I would like it to, but one day everything will work out.

Hang in there, I'm sorry you can't erase your dumbass from your life like I was able to. Let's pray that one day he wakes up and realizes "Hey, I'm being a dumbass, etc.etc" (LOL ?????) And he will put your son's needs before his own!

Good Luck! I hope our wait is not too much longer - I think we may be the last of the October group...

Edited by TracyAnne

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, TracyAnne said:

Today marks 6 months since we lodged.......da dee dum da....dee dee da, dum dum doo.......:whome:

OMW @TracyAnne! Have you tried to phone them or had any feedback at all?