189/190's Lodged October 2015

Ramses

Honestly don't know  what to say anymore TracyAnne 6 months is torture please call this number someone there might answer your questions +61731367000 don't lose hope good things come to those who wait ?

• 2 months later...

Day 250 in captivity ? Didn't yours take 255 days @Chips?

Maybe only 5 days to go......

Edited by TracyAnne

Uuumm thought you got your visa and forgot to tell us.........please call them asap am failing to understand why it's taking so long ???

Ours took 155 day applied on the 21st of August 2015 got grant 5 February 2016.  250 is way too much without an update.

I'd never forget to tell you @Chips, you've been such a great source of support on this journey ?

The last comms we had from the VPO was in May basically telling me to prove that my son is mine and we are not trying to traffic him! So frustrating because my husband and I decided to do everything legally and we spent 100k going to court and doing what needed to be done before lodging our application. The original immigration agent we consulted suggested paying the father off to sign the consent form (!!!) And now even though everything is legal and above board, we're still having endless hassles!

It's very tiring and emotionally draining.....we tried contacting the offices which was a waste of time because we weren't able to speak to a VPO and the person on the other side of the phone was a little less than helpful....

So I don't have much else to say except ?

@TracyAnne, our thoughts and prayers are with you hope something comes up soon...

Ooohh no am really sorry TracyAnne, maybe @TinaB can help out she was in a similar situation, stay strong once you have your grant all this will be forgotten ???

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

We have moved out of our home which we sold last month for what I thought was a little less than what it was really worth. It was all we had in terms of investment so it was really scary going through the process of choosing which offer to accept. The difficulty was knowing that we were under pressure to sell since we are on a 189 visa and have to land in Aus by November. It was tough work cleaning and fixing all the little things that had been left over the years and when it came time to move there was a mountain of stuff to ride to the tip or move into storage.

It was heartbreaking for my wife to find new homes for our 2 horses which lived with us on the smallholding. We also had to say goodbye to our 2 dogs and cat which we have decided to leave behind. They have also been re-homed. We decided to rent a small furnished chalet at a holiday resort just out of town. Here there is no lease which is handy. It is right on the sea over-looking the Southern ocean which has become a point of reference in my imaginings of what awaits us when we arrive in Australia where I expect everything except the sea to be different.

My 6 year old son was brought up in our previous home and it has become a bit of a moot point when comparing our 'home' now with what he was used to. We now live in 80m2 two bedroom place which has compacted us as a family and forced us to adapt to a lot less comfort and convenience. This I hope will prepare us for what awaits us in Aus. Extended family relations have been under strain with a lot of emotion floating about but we have been given the space to carry on chasing our dreams.

We are dying to buy our tickets. The hold up is on my work side where a new business owner (professional) is buying me out. It has not been an easy process and is far from over with a few more contractual issues which need to be sorted out before I can stop working. It is hard on everyone to keep a clear picture of the future when there are these sorts of changes. It would have been nice to just resign. On the otherside of the globe I have some potential jobs lined up. Some are East coast and some are in Perth. There is a degree of frustration in not been able to give definite dates to prospective employers. We are also not sure whether to land in Brisbane or Perth. This is getting our mates all worked up (some on the East coast and some on the West coast). I think in the end we will probably visit both areas, do some interviews and decide which job is best. I must say my heart wants us to go East coast.

Recently I have found myself OCDeeing over the exchange rate. We are currently moving our funds over to an Australian bank account and check the rate almost every hour. Luckily it has shown a tendency to improve (a process which happens slowly) so the question is how long do you wait? When the Rand weakens it happens quickly so you need to be ready to send your funds. All very nerve wracking and I cant wait to get it over and done with.

So all in all life is moving along and we are determined to enjoy the ride. We had a Farewell party over the weekend which was great. It is good to see my wife enjoy herself. My son went back to school yesterday and I noticed a bit of a skip as he went through the door and entered a bit of normality again. We are hoping to fly out on the 29th of August.

Aussie here we come!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Soooooooooo, after 301 days in limbo, our visas were granted this morning!!!! We are now in flat panic mode as our IED has been set as 21 October 2016....eeeeek!!

@Chips @vitchie

• Like 12

25 minutes ago, TracyAnne said:

Soooooooooo, after 301 days in limbo, our visas were granted this morning!!!! We are now in flat panic mode as our IED has been set as 21 October 2016....eeeeek!!

@Chips @vitchie

Yay ?????? congratulations @TracyAnne God is good indeed, better start packing those bags, you must be so relieved and excited congratulations once again.

• Like 1

What a way to start the Friday! Congrats! 

@TracyAnne woop woop!!! :congratulations:, i can understand your relief. all the best with planning going forward. have you decided where you are going to yet? 

Congratulations! Awesome news!

2 hours ago, TracyAnne said:

@Chips @vitchie

Wow, congrats Tracy!!! So glad for you guys! Start packing!

WHOOT!!! Congrats @TracyAnne :ilikeit: Sure the members of the forum who have been here longer than me will be able to confirm but as far as I am concerned, you are definitely the people who have waited the longest for a 189! Congrats on the persistence!

• Like 1

And you have to arrive here before 21 October! That's nuts! But good news.

Guess that trip will just be an activation then? And then you go back to RSA to sort out things like the house and work etc?

Good luck with the logistics, and ride that wave of happy-panic feeling, you've earned it!!!

@TracyAnne

Wow, yippee for you. Wasn't going to sign in and then saw your post. Genuinely delighted for you. Your patience and positive outlook have paid off. A lesson to us all. Congrats and enjoy the moment :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@TracyAnnehave been thinking about you lately, trust that everything is going well and you will manage to meet your October 16th IED...Godspeed!!!

@TracyAnne did you manage to get an extension on your entry date? Good luck with the packing.

• 4 months later...