189/190's Lodged October 2015

Ramses

So our 3 months should be up on the 28th (standard processing time for 189).....what are the chances of us getting an answer by then? I feel sick everyday with the nerves and anxiety waiting to hear something....anything! We want to start planning and go - living in limbo is terrible.

TracyAnne  current trend is waiting for 6-9 weeks from case officer allocation date.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously concerning how long people are waiting. They must be really busy or we have missed something. 

So I emailed our CO stating that we are now past the standard processing time for our selected visa, please could we have a status update or if any further information is required please could they let us know. And this is what I got.....

Please note that an operational change means that all cases are now handled by a team of case officers rather than by any one individual case officer.

I have reviewed your application and the evidence that you have provided (including recent documents uploaded on 08 December 2015).

Please note that no further evidence is required from you at this time.

Your application is now in the final stages of standard checking and we will be in contact with you if any further action is required.

The timeframe for the completion of the checks varies from one case to another, depending on individual circumstances.

Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe for finalisation of your application.

You can be assured, however, that the Department will do all they can to ensure that your application is finalised as quickly as possible.

Could this be the reason for the delay in processing applications, perhaps since the change there may be a backlog... @Chips, maybe this explains your long delay. Still holding thumbs that you hear something soon ??

4 hours ago, TracyAnne said:

So I emailed our CO stating that we are now past the standard processing time for our selected visa, please could we have a status update or if any further information is required please could they let us know. And this is what I got.....

Please note that an operational change means that all cases are now handled by a team of case officers rather than by any one individual case officer.

I have reviewed your application and the evidence that you have provided (including recent documents uploaded on 08 December 2015).

Your application is now in the final stages of standard checking and we will be in contact with you if any further action is required.

The timeframe for the completion of the checks varies from one case to another, depending on individual circumstances.

Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe for finalisation of your application.

You can be assured, however, that the Department will do all they can to ensure that your application is finalised as quickly as possible.

Could this be the reason for the delay in processing applications, perhaps since the change there may be a backlog... @Chips, maybe this explains your long delay. Still holding thumbs that you hear something soon ??

Thanks for the feedback TracyAnne. At least we can see why it feels like there is quite a delay. Really hope they find there feet with the new procedure and that there is a positive outcome to it.

Thank you @TracyAnne for sharing the feedback, much appreciated. I have to however wonder what the message they sent back actually means? Sounds like its just a generic message they communicate back for the past year or so since it is not a new procedure as the message indicates. A quick search on other forums indicate that the message has been sent previously as far back as early 2014 e.g. http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/160040-lets-update-bangladesh-applicant-status-278.html

So..... I am still left pondering what on earth the delay can be! And every-time I think its not that bad, I think of poor @Chips and her family and realise it could be EVEN LONGER!!! :(

Urg, I need a beer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TracyAnne said:

Could this be the reason for the delay in processing applications, perhaps since the change there may be a backlog... @Chips, maybe this explains your long delay. Still holding thumbs that you hear something soon 

Hey TracyAnne when did you email the case officer and how long did it take you to get a reply? At least they gave you a reasonable answer, hoping your grant comes any day now and thanx for sharing at least now we know what's going on.

2 hours ago, CyberJoe said:

Thank you @TracyAnne for sharing the feedback, much appreciated. I have to however wonder what the message they sent back actually means? Sounds like its just a generic message they communicate back for the past year or so since it is not a new procedure as the message indicates. A quick search on other forums indicate that the message has been sent previously as far back as early 2014 e.g. http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/160040-lets-update-bangladesh-applicant-status-278.html

It looks as if the first line is generic, however the rest of the response was quite specific to our application. Who knows.

1 hour ago, Chips said:

Hey TracyAnne when did you email the case officer and how long did it take you to get a reply? At least they gave you a reasonable answer, hoping your grant comes any day now and thanx for sharing at least now we know what's going on.

@Chips, we emailed at 17:45 our time yesterday and at 7:45 this morning, our time, we got a response. I was very surprised.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CyberJoe said:

So..... I am still left pondering what on earth the delay can be! And every-time I think its not that bad, I think of poor @Chips and her family and realise it could be EVEN LONGER!!! :(

Urg, I need a beer.

Pls have some beers for both of us ??

Hi All,

Hang in there guys!! I'm hoping all of you get the good news by the end of this week!! @TracyAnne Your 2 months since VPO assigned date is tomorrow...which is the usual turnaround time according to that "spreadsheet" so you could be receiving the good news any day now.....However I find the whole operational change message abit strange though, when did this come about?? @CyberJoe Have you contacted the DIBP yet? @Chips I put in a special request to God tonight that your visa is granted soon...so hold and tight and put the champagne on ice so long....

@TashyL How are you doing?? Almost time to depart to Oz....are you READY??? How many more sleeps?? I have 5 more months left until I depart but I don't know how much longer I can pretend at work as no one knows about my move to Oz except my parents and its kinda driving me nuts inside keeping this "secret". But its for the best that I do as I'm not sure how the company will treat me once I tell them. As for the rest of my family I will tell them when I reach the 3 month mark as not in the mood for any negative comments right now...

21 minutes ago, Ramses said:

@Chips I put in a special request to God tonight that your visa is granted soon...so hold and tight and put the champagne on ice so long....

??????

Hey @Ramses Thank you for the kind words. We have not contacted DIBP yet, they still have a day of processing time left :D Good luck with keeping up appearances at work, I am sure it is fairly hard to do once you know that the move is finally happening!

• Like 1

Good morning everyone, firstly l wanted to thank everyone on this page you guys are wonderful and too kind l honestly don't know what l would have done without you all (go mad maybe). So at 5 am today when my husband woke up to get ready for work he saw the magic emails, Finally the waiting is over can't describe the feeling. Thank you all once again ????? and good luck to all waiting the grant is on the way.

Edited by Chips
  • Like 7

37 minutes ago, Chips said:

Good morning everyone, firstly l wanted to thank everyone on this page you guys are wonderful and too kind l honestly don't know what l would have done without you all (go mad maybe). So at 5 am today when my husband woke up to get ready for work he saw the magic emails, Finally the waiting is over can't describe the feeling. Thank you all once again ????? and good luck to all waiting the grant is on the way.

Congratulations @Chips.  So so happy for you after the long wait. 

• Like 1

Aaaaah @Chips I am so incredibly happy for you. I thought about you this morning at 03:47 when I was checking my email ? So glad that the excitement is back for you and that you can now start with the next phase of your journey.

All the best!!

• Like 2

@ChipsYeah thats awesome news!!!! Congratulations Chips, and I truly so happy for you. 

God IS good!!! Enjoy the next phase,and may your journey to Aus be a blessed and exciting one!!! 

• Like 1

Great News @Chips! Your weekend is going to be awsome

I think my stuff got lost somewhere. :o I submitted my EOI in Oct, and I do not even have an invitation yet... I keep on logging into Immi just to make sure, but the status still remains as SUBMITTED.

I am frustrated, as there is nobody to contact. I am in the IT, on the scare skill list, i have enough points and yet... Silence...

But i gave myself 2016 to complete this, so hopefully sometime something happens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BobSA said:

Congratulations @Chips.  So so happy for you after the long wait. 

Thank you Bob it was a long wait indeed, but all is forgotten now?

3 hours ago, TracyAnne said:

Aaaaah @Chips I am so incredibly happy for you. I thought about you this morning at 03:47 when I was checking my email ? So glad that the excitement is back for you and that you can now start with the next phase of your journey.

All the best!!

Thank you l thought of you too when we got the emails. Hold on next week will bring u great news. You checked the emails a bit early ours came at 04.45. Holding thumbs for you dear ??.

Edited by Chips

1 hour ago, TashyL said:

@ChipsYeah thats awesome news!!!! Congratulations Chips, and I truly so happy for you. 

God IS good!!! Enjoy the next phase,and may your journey to Aus be a blessed and exciting one!!! 

Thank you Tashy really excited but it hasn't really sank in, God is great indeed. Thank you again and all the best you guys are flying soon right?

1 hour ago, Pink said:

CONGRATS Chips!!!

Finally the day has arrived. Enjoy!

Thank you Pink finally indeed, l feel something huge has been lifted from my shoulders.