189/190's Lodged October 2015

Ramses

@CyberJoe This is definitely going to be the worse waiting period of the whole visa process, as there literally is nothing more we can do!! But luckily I am so busy at work, it will at least keep my mind occupied for 8 hours of the day. The final decision on my visa grant will definitely be a "life changing" decision for me as I am taking this journey across the Indian Ocean all by myself! I am excited and a bit nervous at the same time but I know I will make a success out of it! If I can survive for 18 months in the UK at 19, I'm sure at age 30, it will be easier even though its a new country, which presents a new challenge. Really looking forward to take my career in the science industry to the next level. In South Africa theres not much funding for R & D in science, so no excitement or development here in one's career. I'm sure its the same in the IT industry as you mentioned. Alot stays the same for long periods and we are way behind on any new developments...

@TashyL I logged onto my immi account earlier and it still says being processed by panel clinic, so will probably be uploaded by tomorrow. I really like the new layout of the immi account. I think it is more user friendly now!! I was thinking back this morning to when we met at the IELTS exam in July and how far we have come in the process. Its been one hell of a rollercoaster ride and I can't believe we are at the end again!! Time has really flown by!! :ilikeit:

@Chips All the best with the call to the DIBP tomorrow. I'm sure you will get your visa grant this week!!

@Belinda01 I'm sure it's nothing major wrt your son's medical and your visa application will be a success. As I'm assuming you declared this on your Canadian medicals when you applied for PR there? And if the Canadians approved your son, I'm sure the Aussies will too. All the best with the waiting and look forward to hear the good news of the visa grant soon!!

I have a strong feeling that somebody in this October/November group is going to get their visa grant this week. Good luck to ALL still waiting. Have an AWESOME Monday y'all :ilikeit:

• Like 2

So we called and the guy was super nice, asked for name, DOB and passport number and he checked and said he can see we have a Case officer but he can't give us an indication of when the case will be finalised so we back to waiting :(

• Like 1

@CyberJoe This is definitely going to be the worse waiting period of the whole visa process, as there literally is nothing more we can do!! But luckily I am so busy at work, it will at least keep my mind occupied for 8 hours of the day. The final decision on my visa grant will definitely be a "life changing" decision for me as I am taking this journey across the Indian Ocean all by myself! I am excited and a bit nervous at the same time but I know I will make a success out of it! If I can survive for 18 months in the UK at 19, I'm sure at age 30, it will be easier even though its a new country, which presents a new challenge. Really looking forward to take my career in the science industry to the next level. In South Africa theres not much funding for R & D in science, so no excitement or development here in one's career. I'm sure its the same in the IT industry as you mentioned. Alot stays the same for long periods and we are way behind on any new developments...

@TashyL I logged onto my immi account earlier and it still says being processed by panel clinic, so will probably be uploaded by tomorrow. I really like the new layout of the immi account. I think it is more user friendly now!! I was thinking back this morning to when we met at the IELTS exam in July and how far we have come in the process. Its been one hell of a rollercoaster ride and I can't believe we are at the end again!! Time has really flown by!! :ilikeit:

@Chips All the best with the call to the DIBP tomorrow. I'm sure you will get your visa grant this week!!

@Belinda01 I'm sure it's nothing major wrt your son's medical and your visa application will be a success. As I'm assuming you declared this on your Canadian medicals when you applied for PR there? And if the Canadians approved your son, I'm sure the Aussies will too. All the best with the waiting and look forward to hear the good news of the visa grant soon!!

I have a strong feeling that somebody in this October/November group is going to get their visa grant this week. Good luck to ALL still waiting. Have an AWESOME Monday y'all :ilikeit:

My son was born in Canada so it still worries me a little bit. We have been in Canada for 7 1/2 years. Thanks for the positive comments!!!

Does anybody know the working hours of the Case officers? I'M just curious :rolleyes: When you receive your grant email is it a computer generated email or does the case officer email you?

Does anybody know the working hours of the Case officers? I'M just curious :rolleyes: When you receive your grant email is it a computer generated email or does the case officer email you?

Edited by Belinda01

Sorry to hear about the lack of news on your visa grant Chips!! I'm sure it will be very soon, I'll keep a bottle on ice so long!!

I passed my medicals according to my IMMI account and I got allocated a VPO today!! My VPO is Lyndal from Adelaide!! Looks like I missed out on a direct grant because of my S.A PCC!! Nevetec says they haven't received it yet but it shows finalized on the system...so disappointed!! Aargh!!

Ramses!!!Great news on the VPO being assigned!!!! I was also a bit disappointed in the nevetec process. I called them to advise that my pcc was finalized. That was on a Tuesday, they collected it on the Wed I think, and sent us scanned copies which was not really possible for me to upload. I got an email the Friday to say it was ready for collection. I don't think I can say it was not useful using them, as it helped to nag someone about when I would get it and they were tolerant.

Email Stephen and ask him to urgently have it scanned to you!!

I'm so really happy for you!

I'm also wondering of they missed me??? :/ tomorrow is my one month anniversary from date of lodging.

Thanx Ramses for being so positive, aaaahh no you could be lucky one lady here can't remember her name got grant following day after case officer requested for PCC and she submitted it same day and got a grant following day, so you will never know.

• Like 1

Hi Guys

My agent told me today that my application has been allocated for review.

I'm still waiting for my PCC. It's been finalized but haven't received hard copy as yet.

However they've asked me to fill an additional Form 1221. Has anyone else also filled this form. It asks for info that's on Form 80.

Should I be worried?

@ Pink I think its means you have a VPO assigned. The form 1221 was under the required documents for my spouse so I submitted both for him, but only the form 80 for myself.

I really don't think its anything to worry about at all.

Congratulations for getting to the next step :)

Exciting news will be on its way soon!

Is there anyone in the Oct group that has not received feedback from a VPO or is it just me??

No, I applied on my own hence me being a teeny bit (VERY) nervous now. I hope we did it all right and thay nothing is wrong with my application...

Wish I knew more about the process to ease ur stress but as you can see I follow the agent like a puppy.... Hence the shock about the 1221. Lol

Not sure if this is helpful but when I corresponded with the proffesional body that I belong to in Australia I felt they took longer to respond to me than when they responded to my agent.

So I pray you receive correspondence soon caus the waiting has got to be the worst part of this whole process especially since it feels like forever since IELTS ?

Thanks Pink :) I guess the agents eventually build a form of relationship with the CO's dealing with them over a long period of time.

Today has definitely been a good day for many on this forum :)

Chips, your day will be coming soon too :D ....and so will mine! When I try to be sad about waiting or think of how draining this process is, I try to remind myself of how fortunate I am to be at this stage already, and to have made it this far is already an accomplishment, just have to hold on a little longer!

Be blessed! :ilikeit: tomorrow is a new day!

• Like 3

Thanks for all the positive wishes TashyL and Chips!! I needed that after the day I had at work today!! I guess having to wait so long on my PCC and forward it on to my agent (which I hope is very, very soon) is a small price to pay for the benefits in the long run. This process has been so long and I am grateful to be at this stage, so a few more days won't hurt.

@TashyL I don't think they forgot about you, I think you will most likely receive your DIRECT GRANT in your inbox TOMORROW!! Do you have your bottle of Moet ready in the fridge?? :ilikeit:

@Pink Welcome to the VPO Club :ilikeit: I don't think Form 1221 is anything to worry about, I think its just a formality of a form for a spouse of a visa applicant. All the best with the final waiting period!!

• Like 3

Guys I got a direct grant this morning. I cant believe it!!!

Thanks for all of your support!! I am so thankful to God for this. I'm in tears!!!

• Like 5

Congratulations TashL fantastic news, that was fast ;)

• Like 1

From Ramses mouth to Gods ears!

CONGRATS TashyL!!!! Really happy for you and all the guys who have passed that final hurdle now the emotional roller coaster starts. Just brace yourself and Enjoy the ride!

@Ramses thanks! The weird part about the 1221 is that I don't have a spouse, it's just the kids and I that are immigrating. Anyhoo just pray all goes well.

Edited by Pink
  • Like 1

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and 190 Oz application process and I am looking for a little guidance on the following 2 questions:

1. We have lodged an Expression of Interest in 2 states namely NSW and Victoria as an engineer. The NSW application was lodged in mid October and I have still not received any feedback what is the possible processing time that can be expected to wait for an answer to the EOI.

2. Subsequently we have also lodged an EOI application to Victoria and they have responded with a few questions that they need clarification on - I will share

• In order to finalise your client’s application, they are required to provide a written statement (via email) explaining why they would like to live and work in Victoria. In the statement they should address:

· Why they have not visited Victoria on previous trip/s to Australia

· Why they would prefer to live in Victoria instead of other states/territories visited

· Their professional prospects in Victoria compared to the other states/territories

I need to understand with regards to the responses to the Victoria immigration offices - do they require this is a specific template format etc...or can I just state in a brief letter format the required responses.

Regards Ross

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your well wishes :) Exactly one month today!!!

@ Marvr1c, I applied for NSW state sponsorship. I don't know about the Victoria process at all, so I suggest you enquire about that process in a seperate topic in order for it to be visible to others who could respond effectively. I am not sure if there are any vic applicants on this topic.

Hope you get your answer soon.

How many points do you have for your SS application?

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS TashyL!!!!!!! :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

I just had this gut feeling last night that you get a direct grant the next day as all your docs were ready and uploaded and our lodgement dates were so close. I'm so happy and excited for you and your family Tashy!! All the best with your preparations for the move across to Aus. Enjoy your last summer in the beautiful 'Mother City'!! I'm going to miss the beautiful African sunsets over Table Mountain so much but I guess in life sacrifices have to be made for a better tomorrow. Hope you out tonight or plan to the weekend to CELEBRATE!!

Still waiting for my PCC!! Nevetec says it is not ready yet and therefore they cannot even send me a scanned copy. I'm assuming I will probably only get it by the end of the week or on Monday!! :cry:

In other news....@CyberJoe Your visa grant is NEXT!!

Aww thanks Ramses!! Thanks for all your positive vibes and being just awesome!!!

I called saps myself, its not cool to make you wait so long!

I am rooting for all of you. Lets hope you get your grant really soon!!!!

@TashyL CONGRATS!!!! :ilikeit: Were really happy you got it, hope you guys have an awesome time in Aus!

@Ramses sure you are the next one, you lodged before us and you also have priority with a 190 over a 189 which we applied for! Hope to hear you got it soon! :jester:

• Like 1