189/190's Lodged October 2015

Ramses

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and 190 Oz application process and I am looking for a little guidance on the following 2 questions:

1. We have lodged an Expression of Interest in 2 states namely NSW and Victoria as an engineer. The NSW application was lodged in mid October and I have still not received any feedback what is the possible processing time that can be expected to wait for an answer to the EOI.

2. Subsequently we have also lodged an EOI application to Victoria and they have responded with a few questions that they need clarification on - I will share

• In order to finalise your client’s application, they are required to provide a written statement (via email) explaining why they would like to live and work in Victoria. In the statement they should address:

· Why they have not visited Victoria on previous trip/s to Australia

· Why they would prefer to live in Victoria instead of other states/territories visited

· Their professional prospects in Victoria compared to the other states/territories

I need to understand with regards to the responses to the Victoria immigration offices - do they require this is a specific template format etc...or can I just state in a brief letter format the required responses.

Regards Ross

Yup, this looks like new thread material to me.Go for it. You're more likely to get the right response.

Also, if you get nothing in time, try to PM TeeTMI or SD_MOA, the forum's resident experts (they are registered migration agents).

• Like 1

Finally received my PCC yesterday, so now the final waiting period begins!! I hope it's not to long...

@Belinda01 From what I have read, I think your VPO e-mails you your grant. I don't think it is an automated e-mail. @TashyL Am I correct?

Hope you ALL are having a good weekend!! Its scorching hot in the Mother City today!

• Like 1

Just now, Ramses said:

Finally received my PCC yesterday, so now the final waiting period begins!! I hope it's not to long...

@Belinda01 From what I have read, I think your VPO e-mails you your grant. I don't think it is an automated e-mail. @TashyL Am I correct?

Hope you ALL are having a good weekend!! Its scorching hot in the Mother City today!

That's great now everything is uploaded waiting time begins. It's actually cold here since yesterday,enjoy your weekend

• Like 1

Hi guys

What happens if you have the flu when you go for medicals? I mean is it serious enough to have to reschedule the appt. or can you still go ahead?

Tia

Go right ahead, had flue to on our medicals no problems results were ok.

Hi Belinda01,

I feel your pain!! I submitted my last document to my agent on Friday and now patiently waiting as well!! Hopefully we don't have to wait to long!! Does anyone know how long the VPO usually takes after being e-mailed the outstanding docs (For a 190 visa)?

2 hours ago, Ramses said:

Hi Belinda01,

I feel your pain!! I submitted my last document to my agent on Friday and now patiently waiting as well!! Hopefully we don't have to wait to long!! Does anyone know how long the VPO usually takes after being e-mailed the outstanding docs (For a 190 visa)?

I have noticed that case officers are coming back early now mostly 30 days after date they asked for documents,so maybe before Christmas your grants will be here fingers crossed for you :stretcher:

• Like 2

Hubby and I submitted EOI on 19 August 2015, received an Invitation to apply for 189 Visa on the 7 September 2015. Received our PCC on the 14th October 2015, submitted our Visa Application with all supporting documentation on the 29th October 2015. Medicals were done on the 17th November 2015.....still no sign of being assigned a case officer...

Anyone know how long that usually takes?

If they are happy with everything you will get a direct grant any day now or case officer assigned  if they need more documents.

@Chips Any luck from your side of are you still waiting? After looking at your timeline I seriously had to sit down and breathe realising just how long we could possibly wait! :wacko: We have received a letter stating that our case officer has been assigned and that they will be in contact should they require any additional documentation. That was two weeks ago with no further communication since. No status change, no updates of how far down the file pile you are, nothing. Who said immigration is for quitters :D

Nothing yet we plan to call them next week hope something positive comes before then. Cases are different CyberJoe am sure you won't have to wait for this long, hopefully before Christmas your grant will be in the bag:stretcher:

On 09 November 2015 at 11:13:45, RedPanda said:

The only advantage as far as I know is if you need your activation date to be as late as possible, because they base that on your medical and PCC dates, one year after the first of those were done.

What is the significance of the activation date?

8 minutes ago, TracyAnne said:

What is the significance of the activation date?

You have to go through passport control in Australia before that date. It can be the permanent move, or a 5min stop over, but they have to scan your passport. Many people try to save travel costs by making their permanent move before this date.

• Like 1

On 24 November 2015 at 17:36:12, Ramses said:

!! Looks like I missed out on a direct grant because of my S.A PCC!! Nevetec says they haven't received it yet but it shows finalized on the system...so disappointed!! Aargh!!

What did you pay Nevetec to do your PCC's if you don't mind my asking? I went straight to the CRC to deliver mine. Kept checking their site to see when they would be ready and collected them a week before I was notified that they were ready for collection.

3 minutes ago, RedPanda said:

You have to go through passport control in Australia before that date. It can be the permanent move, or a 5min stop over, but they have to scan your passport. Many people try to save travel costs by making their permanent move before this date.

So if I got my PCC on the 19 Oct and my medicals on the 17th Nov, my activation date will be the 19th October meaning I have to activate my visa before the 19 October 2016?

2 minutes ago, TracyAnne said:

So if I got my PCC on the 19 Oct and my medicals on the 17th Nov, my activation date will be the 19th October meaning I have to activate my visa before the 19 October 2016?

To my knowledge, yes.

1 minute ago, RedPanda said:

To my knowledge, yes.

Eek, that's quite nerve wrecking...means we only have 10 months left here provided we get our visa approval....wow!!

6 minutes ago, TracyAnne said:

But keep in mind that once activated (for 189 visas) the visa allows you free travel for 5 years, so you can go to Australia and activate your visa and come back to RSA. We did that.

2 minutes ago, RedPanda said:

But keep in mind that once activated (for 189 visas) the visa allows you free travel for 5 years, so you can go to Australia and activate your visa and come back to RSA. We did that.

We're those people who want to go just once due to financial reasons.

do you all have to enter the country at the same time or as long as you've all entered before your activation date expires?

I'm not sure. I think it's fine if you just all enter before the Activation date. But I think you should check with other families. We were both together, so I never looked it up.

Thank You @RedPanda!!

Are there any families on here that can assist me with my question? We do not have the funds to travel back and forth to Oz and we certainly don't want to wait 5 more years to leave, so we would like to plan to leave as soon as we hear back regarding our Visa's. We are considering sending hubby first to get settled and then myself and the kids will join him, is this possible provided we have all entered the country before our entry date lapses?