189/190's Lodged October 2015

Ramses

Congratulations PINK!! All the best for your future plans ahead with your kids!! When are you planning to make the big move if I may ask?

So glad to see that DIBP are getting a move on again after the holidays...I've tried to not think about the visa while I'm on leave until the 11th Jan, but its so hard to not think about it. Hopefully there's good news for all of us still waiting SOON!!

@TashyL Less than 2 months to go until you depart...are you nervous or excited!!??

• Like 1

Hey Ramses!!!!! You have been so quiet lately!

Hopefully you will be receive some GREAT news this week! Rooting for al of you who are still waiting to get your happy emails!

We will be leaving in 48 days! Its more excitement now then anything else. I had a "bad patch" where we had to make some decisions which were hard to make, but now that I have resigned, and we are packing up and getting our move on I am really feeling thrilled and cannot wait to go! We are even practicing our Aussie accents lol, and hubby has a job interview tomorrow via Skype! So things are looking up just praying that he will be sorted with work as it will be such a blessing!!!!

When are you planning to leave once your good news arrives?

• Like 1

Aww, thank you Ramses! 

I'm sure you will hear Good News soon!

I would like to make the move in March or April 2016. 

Have to work on sorting my mums holiday visa now then book flights!

@TashyL I'm really glad things are falling into place for you before you get there! It will really help you to enjoy the move and feel less stressed! Wishing you everything of the best!

@TashyL I've been so quiet as I was taking a break from the forum...for my sanity!! LOL. I think this seriously long waiting period especially while I'm on leave has not been easy. At least while I'm working I'm so busy I don't have time to think about anything besides work.

I'm so happy to hear that you have managed to work pass your bad patch and things are on track for your departure next month!! Less than 45 days thats hectic!! I think I would be very nervous but excited at the same time if I had that little time left. I have set a provisional date of the 18 July 2016 to depart to Adelaide (via Singapore). So that gives me roughly 6 months to spend time with my mom and dad and other family and dissolve investments, sell things etc. But if I manage to get a job offer before then I will leave earlier. Thats so awesome to hear that your husband got a interview for a job in Syd!! All the best, I'm sure the interview is just a formality. Enjoy your last sizzling Cape Town summer while it lasts Tashy...I'm going to miss this beautiful city so much, but I know a better life awaits in Oz!!

@Pink Thank you for the good wishes...hopefully God answers my prayers soon. Good luck with your mom's holiday visa!!

Are there any other updates from the October group? Belinda? CyberJoe? Eduan? TraceyAnne?

Hi

Nope, nothing yet. Must say looking at email every morning before anything else is starting to frustrate me. Wonder what I am going to do the day after I got that email... probably the same :D

Congrats to all that got their visas and invites. Its good to see some movement in this circle.

Thanks Ramses 

Its truly amazing how time starts flying once you get that Visa confirmation. 

Flights booked for May 2016?

Now the race starts to sort mums visa, round up work and resign, sell stuff at home and decided on what to pack. 

Does anyone know cheap short stay

accommodation in Melbourne Eastern Suburb area?

Tia

@Ramses - nothing this side yet. Our 3 months is up on the 28th Jan. I still check my email every night at around midnight and then multiple times during the night and another couple hundred times in the morning until 9am....alas I'll have to wait patiently until Monday to start checking incessantly again!!!!

Hopefully we get some news soon. I think I have a problem ?

They work Saturdays too TracyAnne ?

55 minutes ago, Chips said:

They work Saturdays too TracyAnne ?

SHUT UP!! That means no sleep again tonight hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

What's your latest @Chips?

19 minutes ago, TracyAnne said:

SHUT UP!! That means no sleep again tonight hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

What's your latest @Chips?

?????the struggle is real TracyAnne, nothing yet the wait continues ??, seems they are coming back to cases after 8 weeks from case officer allocation date(myimmitracker)

Edited by Chips

Congrats to all that have received some good news. To those waiting I hope they all return with being super productive and fast in January as I am in the same boat waiting.

Edited by BobSA
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Chips said:

?????the struggle is real TracyAnne, nothing yet the wait continues ??, seems they are coming back to cases after 8 weeks from case officer allocation date(myimmitracker)

What is this "myimmitracker"? I must know, the addict in me must know!!!!!

4 minutes ago, TracyAnne said:

What is this "myimmitracker"? I must know, the addict in me must know!!!!!

It's a visa tracker from another group just google myimmitracker it comes up. Let me warn you though it's not good for you ?

12 hours ago, Chips said:

It's a visa tracker from another group just google myimmitracker it comes up. Let me warn you though it's not good for you ?

Ok, so I've registered on this myimmitracker....am I doing something wrong because I see the only way to see info is to use filters and and and...also I didn't see your case ;)

2 hours ago, TracyAnne said:

Ok, so I've registered on this myimmitracker....am I doing something wrong because I see the only way to see info is to use filters and and and...also I didn't see your case ;)

When you get to the page go tap on Australia after that it show alot of stuff again tap on visa tracker sc189 and all cases will show.

Saw your case there way to go am under 489 visa.

Can anyone explain this to me? @Chips?

Skill Select round 8th of January 2016.

2613 ** – cut off 25/06/2015 - 60 points
2611 ** - cut off 30/09/2015 – 70 points
Non pro-rata - cut off 23/11/2016 – 60 points

It probably means that for 2613 they are looking at applications with 60 points submitted before 25/06/2015

and for 2611 they are looking at applications with 70 points submitted before  30/09/2015

and for non pro-rata skills they are looking at everyone.

Just check if someone else will confirm this.

Redpanda is right its invitation round on the 8th of january, and the points they claimed and date of EOl submission.

Oh ok....so that's just for invitations and not actual Visa applications....

Not at all, but am also worried about that too ?

Is it just me or does the Adelaide office seem more jacked than Brisbane? I noticed on myimmitracker that most of Adelaide's are green and most of Brisbane's are red......

Is it just me or does the Adelaide office seem more jacked than Brisbane? I noticed on myimmitracker that most of Adelaide's are green and most of Brisbane's are red......

You have it wrong Adelaide is the worst team ever they take forever to grant visas,  and they have sooooo many cases.Brisbane is a dream super fast.

Thanks Chantalgr. 

@Everyone who's still waiting I sincerely pray the Visas are confirmed soon.

We all know that after coming this far it is only a matter of time until the Visa is approved but that still doesn't take away the stress from all the plans that you may have to make and can only make when it is finally approved.  

A friend of mine who lives in Australia is in the process of adopting kids from here. ALL necessary docs have been completed, medicals done and they are also waiting for final visa approval.

I'm sharing this in the hope that this info will relive anyone who is feeling overly stressed about the visa being approved as it appears that they are just slow with any and all visa applications. 

Apparently just as most people take leave here till kids go back to school so to do they in Australia the only problem is that the kids there go back on 1 Feb 2016.

So hang in there guys and enjoy your last January in SA?

• Like 1