457 Applicants

Hi we lodged our visa on friday 29 August - hopefully it will be approved any day now :blink:

We are supposed to be flying out thursday 25 September :(:blink::blink: But I am starting to think that maybe we wont make the flight as we might not have the visa stamped by then. Do you think if I dropped a case of redbull off with VFS it will give them wings? :blush:

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FIrabbit

• Olkabolka

• somarie

• Johnny & Rene

Hi I read somewhere that you can go without the stamp, you need to take your visa grant letter with, it'll take longer, but you need to get it stamped as soon as you land that side

Think it was on the immi website

Thanks San - will check that option out! Hubby is starting to stress that the visa might take longer than two weeks (which seems to be the average time at the moment except for the oddones) .... am really glad that at this stage we have not paid for flights, just provisionally booked them. So waiting week or two is no biggy. A little tricky as we wont be earning any cash but its all good I suppose :ilikeit:

Tommorrow is day 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi I read somewhere that you can go without the stamp, you need to take your visa grant letter with, it'll take longer, but you need to get it stamped as soon as you land that side

Think it was on the immi website

Howzit going with all your stuff?

Day 14 NOTHING!!!! No medicals finalised, nothing!

Checked out the immi site and I cant seem to find it anywhere San? Any directions?

Hi

I honestly can't remember what I was looking for, so don't know how to find it again

Further no news this side, going to pick up our passports today, will know when we're going by the end of the month I think

While we wait - lets chat... were are you too heading? We are off to Brisbane. Our flights are booked for Thrusday 25 September, hubby starts work 30th. We are hoping to spend the week end in Perth with friends - breaks up the long flight as we are travelling with a 16 month old. Anyway thats all depending on visa approval. So whats your plan?

Hi

We collected our passports from VFS in Johannesburg. What a feeling, seeing those visas pasted in our passports. Now we really are ready to leave!!

While we wait - lets chat... were are you too heading? We are off to Brisbane. Our flights are booked for Thrusday 25 September, hubby starts work 30th. We are hoping to spend the week end in Perth with friends - breaks up the long flight as we are travelling with a 16 month old. Anyway thats all depending on visa approval. So whats your plan?

Gee, that's one of these days! I can just imagine where your stress levels are at this moment. We're on our way to Perth, but my husband only starts in January. The problem is that we both have to give three months' notice at work which is end of September. I do hope that I have a visa by then, because I don't want to resign without a visa in the passport.

Congrats Olka on the visa stamp - you must be super relieved! I suppose the stress does not end until you are over there and all set up and settled :rolleyes:

Sonmarie we both had to resign before we even knew if the nomination had been approved! STRESS! Hopefully we all have good news soon :ilikeit:

Just hang in there! I know how awful it is to wait, and the stress level reach an ultimate high, but once you've got it, everything will be great! But coping with the stress is really bad. Just think about it as something you will laugh about once you are in Oz.

Thanks for your support Olka. The waiting is getting me down. My husband is diabetic and I'm so worried that this will be a problem!

Kirsty, good luck!!! I hope tomorrow is the day for you!

Holding thumbs for all who's still waiting.

Tomorrow they start packing our container. Had a hectic weekend, saying goodbye to family, and still sorting and cleaning. Will be finished soon, and cannot wait to get into bed. The emotional side and the tiredness is setting in now.

Anyone had any luck this morning?

It still isn't our turn. I wish we could see how long the Queue was so we knew where we stood. The waiting is killing!!!!!!!

Hi all,

Just hang in there your special day will come.

This is the worst part of the whole process, believe me go back a couple of pages and you will see the frustration flrabbit and I shared. To our happiness our 457 visas was approved within days from each other.

It might seem that they are not doing anything on the other side to assist you with your visa but they are working on it just hang in there.

Rene

Hi there

Just hang in there. The sun will shine again. :ilikeit:

I know that you wanna shoot something or pull somebody's toe-nail's out - but it will come.

Try to stay alive

Rabbit :ilikeit:

For those still waiting, not to rub it in or anything but our visa has been approved. :ilikeit::ilikeit:

Wow that was quicker than I expected, now it feels like I have a million things to do.

For reference our timeline was as follows:

04/08/08 Visa Lodged (without preloading medicals)

09/08/08 All medicals finalised (My daughter is 13 and was the only one that had to do XRays and Medical. So her medicals were finalised about a week later than the rest of us)

15/09/08 Visa approved

Now what to do first.

Ryan