• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FIrabbit

• Olkabolka

• somarie

• Johnny & Rene

Naa. We are also still on the fence. :ilikeit:

Our documents have been submitted to Pretoria for checking!!!!! and who knows how long that can take? nearly 2 months and waiting. :ilikeit:

But we received a mail from CO yesterday ( didn't even know we had one) requesting Doc's on our 496 app, We may get that first : ;) it is a far better visa but the 457 was supposed to get us there faster.

Just Fine,

I don't know how you've survived the two months up to now! When should you start your new job?

Hey all

We have also joined the ranks of " the patiently waiting" few. :ilikeit:

Our medicals/x-rays were completed 10th September and were only sent on 18th September.

They arrived in Sydney on the 22nd September.

Now we are at a loose end..... not sure what to do or think. Keep on looking and searching to see how long it has taken others, but seems there is no fixed or fast rules where this is concerned.

To all others waiting.... I feel your pain. To all recently granted..... happy planning!!

We are also still waiting, with you all. It is rather an uncomfortabl place to be. As far as we can tell, once our daughter's medicals are finalized our visa will be approved but all we are told is that they have been referred to the medical officer of the commonwealth and the case officer doesn't know how long this will take. So we are with you waiting patiently or is it impatiently, probably the latter.

Susan

Does anyone know of anyone that has been rejected for 457 visas? If so, for what reason. We are not sure whether to get excited yet or not...... What if they now turn around and say no to us.....???

Just Fine,

I don't know how you've survived the two months up to now! When should you start your new job?

Its been hell.

We start as soon as we can get there. When the Visa is approved we book the next flight out.

Hubby spent six weeks over there setting thing up and came back and was told it would take between 48 hours and two weeks. We packed up sold the house and cars, left SA work and sat and waited. And we are still waiting. We have unpacked the boxes gone back to work and hopefully things will happen soon.

Fortunatly we have understanding sponsors and they seem to think WA stands for Wait-A-while not Western Australia. They are fantastic people and we chat to them weekly to keep sane.

Hubby spent six weeks over there setting thing up and came back and was told it would take between 48 hours and two weeks. We packed up sold the house and cars, left SA work and sat and waited. And we are still waiting. We have unpacked the boxes gone back to work and hopefully things will happen soon.

Fortunatly we have understanding sponsors and they seem to think WA stands for Wait-A-while not Western Australia. They are fantastic people and we chat to them weekly to keep sane.

It's terrible! We're also heading to WA, so I think I should learn some patience. Both hubby and I have to resign on Tuesday because we have to give 3 months' notice. This is a risky business.

Susan, why is the one medical referred?

To all of you waiting ... good luck! I can see from your replies we all experience the same emotions and paranoia!

Hello Somarie,

We aren't sure why it has been removed, she has had a difficult history with some abdominal surgery but this is all clear now and she is on generic ritalin and was accepted to remedial school for next year. She is in main stream this year and doing quite well but it was grade R in a pre school. She has been in speech therapy since she was 2 and a half, also doing well. So we sent through the extra documentation showing a picture of her. So now we wait, they haven't requested any further information but also haven't said yes or no which is frustrating. But God is in control and He will open the doors He wants open and in His time.

Susan

Hi there

To all of you still waiting......Hang in there. We were in the same boat or same room at the Looney farm and we were constantly asking questions of all the why’s. Don’t panic, it will come threw. Just be patient, typically South Africans – or Joburgers. We want everything to happen now or actually yesterday already – but in Aus it does not work like that. Everything happens when it should happen because there’s a system in place that will make it happen and they trust there system……..

So be patient, pull some more hair out – visit the funny guy in the next white room and wait…..it will happen and then the fun and games starts

From an old Looney farm resident

Rabbit

Hi to all still waiting,

Just hang in there, believe me it's tough and at times you feel like giving up all hope of ever getting to OZ.

The moment you think nothing is happening it will come through.

All the best and holding thumbs till we get the WE HAVE IT e-mail.

Rene

So now we wait, they haven't requested any further information but also haven't said yes or no which is frustrating. But God is in control and He will open the doors He wants open and in His time.

Susan

I'm sure everything will be OK, Susan. My husband is diabetic and I'm also stressed about the medicals.

Hi there

To all of you still waiting......Hang in there. We were in the same boat or same room at the Looney farm and we were constantly asking questions of all the why’s. Don’t panic, it will come threw.

Just hang in there, believe me it's tough and at times you feel like giving up all hope of ever getting to OZ.

Thanks guys, we need it!!!! You really make me feel better.

Whoooooowhooooo. My visa has been granted. 2 months exactly.

Our house has been sold but waiting for bond approval so not sure yet.

Now just to sell the cars and we are set to go. Hoping to leave 14th November.

Whoooooowhooooo. My visa has been granted. 2 months exactly.

Our house has been sold but waiting for bond approval so not sure yet.

Now just to sell the cars and we are set to go. Hoping to leave 14th November.

Congrats!!!!! Hope all goes well.

Well done....you must be SO happy!!

and thanks 4 everyone else's support, will be sure to visit the funny guy in the white room next to ours

Thanks everyone. I am absolutely thrilled. Now I'm on to the next thing to worry about. My house must be transferred before we leave.

Does this worrying every end!!!!!

Just Fine, I'm holding thumbs for you and everyone else still waiting.

Nopes we still hanging in there ...... nails are all bitten, hair all pulled out..... but still hanging in there. :ilikeit:

We apparently were lodged last friday or so (maybe monday??) - dont even know as the agent has decided not to share info with me. (paid for by company so if I whinge enough I guess they'll phone him up and make him spit it out, then they phone hubby at 6am in the morning who then has to phone me as he's on his way to work by then!!!) Can you tell I aint too impressed!! This ridiculous method of info transfer is how I found out our visa has actually been lodged at all...

sigh. but hey, so busy getting the house ready to ship in December than I dont really have time to think about it...

GSI

Nopes we still hanging in there ...... nails are all bitten, hair all pulled out..... but still hanging in there. :ilikeit:

:ilikeit: At least we'll recognise each other once in Perth ...

Our 457 was lodged by immigration agent in Sydney on 3 September and still no feedback. Looks like a 4 week period is a pretty normal turnaround time.

So if you were lodged on 30 July and your medicals were finalized on the 18th of August and the IELTS and all the rest of the docs were in SYdney by the 16th of September and you have no answer; does this mean you have a problem? No Visa - agent tells me to be patient :thumbdown: