457 Applicants

For those still waiting, not to rub it in or anything but our visa has been approved. :ilikeit::ilikeit:

Wow that was quicker than I expected, now it feels like I have a million things to do.

For reference our timeline was as follows:

04/08/08 Visa Lodged (without preloading medicals)

09/08/08 All medicals finalised (My daughter is 13 and was the only one that had to do XRays and Medical. So her medicals were finalised about a week later than the rest of us)

15/09/08 Visa approved

Now what to do first.

Ryan

Congrats, that's great news!!

Edited by Olkabolka

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FIrabbit

• Olkabolka

• somarie

• Johnny & Rene

I got this e-mail from the agent this morning :

Further to our email below, please be advised that we have contacted DIAC on your matter and have been advised that they have some administrative finalisation to be completed prior to making a decision on your application.

We expect to have a decision shortly, and we will keep you advised as soon as we hear anything further from the immigration department.

I am hoping that this means that an approval is coming very shortly as they are just wrapping things up....as opposed to there being something wrong.

I got this e-mail from the agent this morning :

I am hoping that this means that an approval is coming very shortly as they are just wrapping things up....as opposed to there being something wrong.

This sounds very promising! Good luck, maybe you have some good news soon!

:ilikeit::whome::blink:

Today's the day! Visa granted about 10 mintues ago - YAY!!!!!!

Thanks for all your support guys!!!! Now we have to get the grant letter, get to VFS, get the visa stamped and get our passports back by 2pm next thursday (wed is ph) - any ideas?

check this out, go to page 33 at this site (booklet 11 for subclass visa 457) http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1154.pdf

according to this appliants can enter australia if the diac grants them "eligibilty for lable free travel". any idea if the grant letter says we can travel "lable free"? Any idea how to get eligibilty?

C O O O O O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! ! ! :blush:

Below is our timeline for the passports to VFS and back and we are in Nelspruit, you can take them there so it would be much quicker.

Good luck with the best roller coaster ride you will ever have, nothing beats the feelings you will still have today

03/09/2008 Passports with Visa letter - Nelspruit to Johannesburg

11/09/2008 Passports with Visa in - Johannesburg to Nelspruit

04/09/2008 VFS delivered to Australian High Commission

10/09/2008 Australian High Commission delivered to VFS

7 working days from leaving Nelspruit to Johannesburg and back to Nelspruit

Good luck

Rene

Hi

Congrats!!!

:blush:

:blush:

:ilikeit:

I told you, it will come soon! So glad for you. Good luck with the final preparations. We got our grant letter the next day via e-mail. Just jump in the car with passport and get it to VFS as soon as possible. You will get it before Thursday. Ours took 5 days, we delivered and collected ourselves. You can also track the progress on the internet via their website. Ours was showing ready for collection before they even let us know.

Good luck!!

WOOHOO!!!! Kirsty, I'm sooooo happy for you!!! Enjoy the celebrations! Now you finally book those tickets! Hopefully ours will be granted soon!

YAY!!!! For KirstyP and Me :blush:

What a relief. The roller coaster continues... hang in there everyone, the waiting does eventually end.

Jun 15, 2008 Made contact with www.saaustralia.org member about opportunity in Brisbane

Aug 1, 2008 Job offer received

Aug 2, 2008 Job offer accepted

Aug 7, 2008 All birth and marriage certificates applied for

Aug 11, 2008 Temporary and permanent passport for little one applied for

Aug 12, 2008 Forms 1066, 956 and agent consent form sent to Fragomen

Aug 12, 2008 Marriage and birth certificate for little one received

Aug 14, 2008 Stuttafords came to assess removal

Aug 15, 2008 Remaining birth certificates received, temporary passport for little one received

Aug 18, 2008 Applied for police clearance and did medicals

Aug 22, 2008 Received passport for little one

Aug 29, 2008 Visa application submitted

Sep 03, 2008 Police Clearance received

Sep 03, 2008 Signed rental agreement for Jo’burg property

Sep 06, 2008 Sold both cars (to the same couple – what are the chances!)

Sep 16, 2008 Visa application approved

SeventyEight

C O O O O O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! ! ! :)

As stated previously the roller coaster ride begin nou eintlik eers, geniet elke oomblik daarvan.

Mens kan jou VISA trace via sms ook

Sms as volg: AUS (hooflid se paspoort nommer) na 36726 e.g AUS 123456789, dan kry jy n sms terug wat se of jou paspoorte klaar is en of hulle nog besig is.

Groete aan almal

Rene

If anyone can please help or know someone that can help for a sponsorship in Brisbane, SQL Database Administrator or Microsoft CRM Developer. PLEASE!!!! and thanks....

Sorry Billabong - cant help but will keep you in mind.

Thanks to all.

Am exhausted! Had a ridiculous day - cleaning and sorting, cleaning and sorting!

Our 457 was lodged on 15/09/2008 with all paperwork attached nothing outstanding medicals cleared agent in Australia says should have an answer wtihin 48 hours, has anybody had this experience?

It has now been 42 hours waiting impatiently!!!

wow that is amazing - keep us posted :ilikeit:

Somarie - packers arrive on Thursday so no time to celebrate :unsure: thats next weeks job B)